02 Rank
Progress

Starhawk Beta - Features/Other Feedback

[ Edited ]
209 Replies 1,201 Views edited 15-11-2011
15 Nov 2011
By LiquidRunner

Hi all,

This thread is for anything which is not covered in the other official threads. For example - a bug on the Start Screen does not fit into any of the other feedback categories, so this thread is a good place to put miscellaneous feedback.

The Starhawk developers will be actively monitoring these official feedback threads, although as they are very busy please do not expect a reply to every post/query.

To help the Starhawk developers look into the issue, it would be helpful to include the below information in your posts within this thread:

----------------------------------------------------------

Brief Description of the issue: (i.e "The start screen freezes when I press X")

Frequency: (i.e has the issue happened just once, can you repeat it, etc):

Steps to reproduce the issue (if possible):

Any suggestions to improve the issue?: (I.e Disable all buttons other than "Start" on the Start screen)

----------------------------------------------------------

If you are not reporting an issue, but would like to suggest something to the developers, please put [SUGGESTION] at the top of your post.  This will help the developers to filter out the bugs vs suggestions within this thread.

Thanks for your feedback :Thumbs:

- LiquidRunner

LABELS:
------------------------------------------------
LiquidRunner (or just 'Liquid')
Ex-PlayStation Beta Manager

Don't worry, β Happy

Click here to track my posts
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Liam511

• Beta Tester
99%
07 Rank
Progress
Liam511
Accepted Solution

Ginsunuva wrote:
Ok, so a few things:

Firstly, this is one of the only games that makes my eyes hurt so much. It feels like it's the abundance of clutter everywhere and the lack of sharpness and clarity. Screen looks grainy, and the hud is all over the place; please consider cleaning it up. That blue rift bar needs to be shrunk. And you have to remove that cheap rectangle animation when it fills up; it's not very subtle, as its cheap look (plain rectangle) distracts a lot. Doesnt look grainy on my TV... also I dont see how the blue bar s a problem considering it disapears unless your building or collecting.. someone spends too uch time in the home base ;)

One thing that can address the above said problems is to move back the camera. LB this NEEDS to be done. No question about it. MOVE THE CAMERA BACK. Bossy boots.

On the minimap, it is impossible to see where the flag is whe taken: it's too tiny. But when on foot, the flag icons take up my view. Shrink the on-foot flag icons and enlarge the map ones. The flag is big on troop when your near, when your way from base and its taken youve no idea where its taken... again I dont think thi is a problem.

Make the sniper 1 hit kill but make it hard to use, like in warhawk. No... sniping is easy enough as it is, and a head shot gives a 1 hit kill... get good enough and we can all be getting them soon as a reward for practice and skill.

As others say, mechs need more health.

Jetpack landing speed should be increased a bit. Hold Cirlce for fast descent.

Hawks should be slowed down a little, for as of now, I fly across the whole map in 1.6 seconds lol. They're small maps...

Also, a custom control option would be great. I want to switch grenade to r2 and sprint to l2. Full game.

Lastly, I believe what made warhawk's matches so epic were the length. Starhawk's timer is too short - this must be upped. Additionally, hosts can set time limits, right? Full game (...again) its a beta to test mechanics and gameplay...not to give people 1 hour CTF matches where everyone forgets what problems they had.

Re: Starhawk Beta - Features/Other Feedback

this is the last time I'll abandon you

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

wagonburner_99

22%
02 Rank
Progress
wagonburner_99
Accepted Solution

This was my first time playing starhawk very cool :knavery-happy:

I have a few suggestions that could possibly help with game play when on foot the controls should be more qiuck and smoother movements.also, when aiming down sites the movement is to slow should be able to look around faster when ADS,the mechs are fun but should be a little easier to control when slowing down in air it should slow right down almost into a hover mode for 3-5 seconds when holding the L2 button and then continue to pick up normal speed,This would help to target ground troops and vehicles that move at a fast rate.

Anyways it was a great gaming experience and I look forward to up coming patches, future maps and other multi player game modes.

This may be my next fulltime game:smileywink:

:will there be any new maps or game modes befor the release date in May ??

0 Kudos

Re: Starhawk Beta - Suggestions

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Hogezz

92%
04 Rank
Progress
Hogezz
Accepted Solution
There's going to be A LOT more maps.
0 Kudos

Re: Starhawk Beta - Suggestions

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Waypoint_Delta

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Waypoint_Delta
Accepted Solution

Please add an "invert camera" option for all axis and for all game modes (vehicle, walking).   I realize its there for one axis, but It needs to be there for both.  For your statistics, I would not buy any game where invert is not an option on both axis.  If this was already posted, I didnt see it.

0 Kudos

GUI -- Options -- Controls -- Add Invert for both axis

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Liam511

• Beta Tester
99%
07 Rank
Progress
Liam511
Accepted Solution
What's makes you play invert left/right if you don't mind me asking? Surely that's just confusing? :S

Re: GUI -- Options -- Controls -- Add Invert for both axis

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Waypoint_Delta

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Waypoint_Delta
Accepted Solution

I like to play with up/down and left/right inverted.  Its allot more intuitive to me for some reason.  its playing with one axis inverted that seems confusing to me, but id leave the option to the user

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

meehill

21%
02 Rank
Progress
meehill
Accepted Solution

I'll second this. I've spent 700 hrs playing Warhawk with the x-axis inverted. I couldn't buy Starhawk if this ability was not there.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DEDsameer

30%
02 Rank
Progress
DEDsameer
Accepted Solution

Issue: Circle/crouch button doesn't seem very useful.

Frequency: allways

Steps to reproduce: Press the button.

Map: All maps

Suggestion: can we have circle be an evade button instead?  Maybe while pushing down the R2/run button? Also, can we remap the run to L2?  run next to the movement/Left stick is more intuitive.

Thanks, and love the game!!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

NDeniaL

21%
02 Rank
Progress
NDeniaL
Accepted Solution

Cant stand the after game menu, multiple times its accidentally selected go to homeworld, when i didnt want to, then it takes FOREVER to get back through the menu cause the main screen is so slow with the animation

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

wingkong85

97%
04 Rank
Progress
wingkong85
Accepted Solution

- SOUND ISSUE

- This isn't a major problem, really, just regarding the sound levels in matches. With so much going on around the map, there's always a loud crash/bang/wallop etc. even when I'm standing in an empty section. I assume the noise is either the buildings flying in or the Hawks zooming around, but the sound levels seem a bit too high to me.

- SUGGESTION: To reduce the ambient sounds to avoid confusion to anyone who's well away from the fighting.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

lmmortalMachine

80%
02 Rank
Progress
lmmortalMachine
Accepted Solution

an ability to go prone, for example in a sniper tower so you dont always have to get killed?

also make the beam turrets a bit weaker, far too easy to kill a hawk or maybe just make us direct the beam?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

saberdragon

93%
06 Rank
Progress
saberdragon
Accepted Solution

lmmortalMachine wrote:

an ability to go prone, for example in a sniper tower so you dont always have to get killed?

Why would you want to go prone in a sniper tower!!!!?

Would'nt this seriously restrict your view of the terrain?  unless you intent to use it to dominate one area of approach then that would be fine but otherwise......

Have you paused to think you get killed in a sniper tower beacause your staying there too long?

Its a magnet for every enemy sniper (I love killing snipers)......

Either place your tower inside a protective dome &  you can stand init to your hearts content sniping.....

Or

Grab the sniper rifle go find that "sweet spot" that others hav'nt realised is a viable shooting spot & counter snipe the snipers targeting your tower when your team go to grab there rifles.....

men of the imperium do you want to live for ever!!!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Liam511

• Beta Tester
99%
07 Rank
Progress
Liam511
Accepted Solution
Have to agree with saber here... This game does not reward campers and for good reason.
The only chance you get to camp is if youre extremely sneaky and get a "sweet spot" as saber said, or if youve spent time setting up an energy shield.

The game rewards those to spend time earning rift and playing tactically. Youre going to get nowhere if you want to go prone and blend into the ground.

Just a quick pont aswell...this feature would be unbalanced as the Outcast would blend in more to the maps (especially Acid Sea) because their skin matches the ground more thn the clothing on Rifters?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

lmmortalMachine

80%
02 Rank
Progress
lmmortalMachine
Accepted Solution

saberdragon wrote:

lmmortalMachine wrote:

Why would you want to go prone in a sniper tower!!!!?

Would'nt this seriously restrict your view of the terrain?  unless you intent to use it to dominate one area of approach then that would be fine but otherwise......

Have you paused to think you get killed in a sniper tower beacause your staying there too long?

Its a magnet for every enemy sniper (I love killing snipers)......

Either place your tower inside a protective dome &  you can stand init to your hearts content sniping.....

Or

Grab the sniper rifle go find that "sweet spot" that others hav'nt realised is a viable shooting spot & counter snipe the snipers targeting your tower when your team go to grab there rifles.....

the reason i'd want to go prone so as to dodge incoming fire, its just for something simple as that.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

saberdragon

93%
06 Rank
Progress
saberdragon
Accepted Solution

lmmortalMachine wrote:

the reason i'd want to go prone so as to dodge incoming fire, its just for something simple as that.

I can see what you saying but I still dont agree with the idea...

For one if you lay down in the sniper tower yes you will avoid enemy fire but you wont be able to see where that players going especially if they have the perk equiped that hides them from RADAR.....

At the moment sniping in the BETA is'nt a major problem (IMO) like in some games give us the ability to go prone & sniping will be more rife in the game with players laying down....

0 Kudos

men of the imperium do you want to live for ever!!!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Thowe

37%
02 Rank
Progress
Thowe
Accepted Solution

[suggestion]

Sorry if this has already been said:

Brief Description of the issue: Hard to work as a team

Steps to reproduce the issue (if possible): Just play any map... you'll always get one guy using up your build limit on hundreds of pointless garages when they could be helping build the defence...

Any suggestions to improve the issue?: It would be great if you could post a message from a predefined set of messages to all players on your team. Maybe limit this to 1 message per 5 minutes to stop people spamming messages. Predefined messages could be 'Stop building so many garages...' or 'Help build a defensive wall' or 'Help defend the base' or 'All attack enemy base now'...

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

wingkong85

97%
04 Rank
Progress
wingkong85
Accepted Solution

It's going to very hard to MAKE people work as a team I think. The best bet is to get a good group of friends

or a headset. I've already added some people who have been helping me in CTF games.

If anyone else wants a good team player who plays to the objective and just not their own K/D ratio, add me: wingkong85

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Whitestuff90

28%
02 Rank
Progress
Whitestuff90
Accepted Solution

[SUGGESTION]

- The build limit is extremely frustrating when you have a team that builds multiple garages and launch pads right next to each other. Possibly consider setting a build limit to specific buildings of maybe 4 for: Garage, Launch pad, Vulture pack dispenser.

- Consider Implementing upgrades to vehicles, buildings/turrets such as speed, armor, damage, lock-on time.

- The knife swipe is stupid, no one in their right mind would take a swing that huge then stop moving for a second or two. Knifing needs to be more fluid/accurate. That being said, the knife is very powerful if used effectively, so to balance, I think some sort of "evade-roll' should be put into the game to dogde knife attacks.

- It would be cool to see vehicles such as arial infantry transports and heavy armored tanks.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Prof_MadCat

36%
02 Rank
Progress
Prof_MadCat
Accepted Solution

Hello, firstly thanks for making a beta and giving us the opportunity to give thoughts and suggestions,

I have two main issues one of which I'll put over in the weapons section and one more general suggestion.

[SUGGESTION]

Instead of having R3 mapped to the knife, map it to change the camera angle from right to left instead.  I found popping out of walls from the left side to be a bit awkward without this feature so it's implementation would be appreciated, as for the knife, I'd prefer it to be used in the same way as other weapons and more akin to Warhawk. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

wingkong85

97%
04 Rank
Progress
wingkong85
Accepted Solution

What's happened to the in-game music? No exciting countdown theme or any theme upon entering the match. The music in SH is great, don't get rid of it!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

wingkong85

97%
04 Rank
Progress
wingkong85