Level 2

Playstation Staff

Re: Starhawk Beta - Features/Other Feedback

Brief Description of the issue: Still getting "Failed to Connect" message.

Frequency: Seems more common when using Match Making and joining CTF games.

Steps to reproduce the issue (if possible):  Choose match making, then find a game.

Any suggestions to improve the issue?: A better error as to what the failure to connect was and perhaps an improved method of finding a game.  I'd also like to see feedback similar to MWF2 when you're finding a game.  i.e. Searching for Servers... 12 servers found, determining best server, failed, searching for servers, 8 servers found with < 100ms latency, determining best server, etc...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 81 of 210 (242 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Brief Description of the issue: Stuck "Loading..." a map.  Not sure if it's map specific, but since 1.1.1, I get less PS3 freezes so thank you for that.  But now it seems that we just get stuck in a Loading... screen after selecting Find Game from Match Maker.  Seems more common on CTF games.

Frequency: (i.e has the issue happened just once, can you repeat it, etc): 2 out of 3 tries to find a game.

Steps to reproduce the issue (if possible):  Go to Match Maker, choose only CTF game times, select Find Game.

Any suggestions to improve the issue?: Put a 60 second timer on the action of loading a map.  But to have it be a bit more responsive, using a 10 second timer or a 20 second timer that resets when a successfull action occurs during the load sequence.  This would make real time outs occur faster (don't have to always wait a full 60 seconds) and may help give you insight into where the loading issue occurs.  I.e. I click find game, loading appears, 20 seconds later it kicks me back out to the Start up/game splash screen.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 82 of 210 (239 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Brief Description of the issue: TDM only seems to allow a score of 3 on most servers.  Not sure if this is a bug or a current limitation for testing.  If it's built in, then I think it's counter productive for testing as no one can really get a game going longer than 2 or 3 minutes.

Frequency: Every server I've joined only allows a score of 3.

Steps to reproduce the issue (if possible):  Join a TDM server, play to end of game.

Any suggestions to improve the issue?: Get the score count raised in the short term if it's hard coded or allow the score to be set (which I think it allows it to be set when creating a game, but for some reason all the servers out there only allow a score of 3).

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 83 of 210 (235 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Brief Description of the issue: In multiple situations...

1.  loading a game fails,

2.  failed to connect error

3.  sometimes when a game is finished and I can choose Score Board or Homeworld.  I choose homeworld and this occurs.

Problem:  I get kicked back to the games Splash screen with Press Start to continue...  It's very frustrating.  I get a Failed to Connect error 2 out of every 3 tries to load a game via Match Maker.  Every failed to connect, and varoius other conditions, kicks me back out to the Splash screen.  I have to tell you, a few nights, this has been so annoying that I either fall asleep waiting for the Splash screen or just get frustrated having to wait for the splash screen and stop playing all together.

Frequency: See brief description.  It varies.

Steps to reproduce the issue (if possible):  Basically described in brief description.

Any suggestions to improve the issue?: return me back to the Home World/Menu Uplink? screen instead (screen with Settings, Match Maker, Create a Game, and other such menu items).  Alternately, let me skip the start up animation and just show the Start to continue.  Though this alternate option is still going to be annoying as I will still have the delays of loading the splash screen when I'd rather just go back to the screen I want to use, i.e. the Menu Uplink.

Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 210 (230 Views)

Playstation Staff

(SUGGESTION) SPRINTING- When sprinting with your outcast or rifter character the screen sway should be hardly noticeable or no sway at all (Screen shakes when sprinting) also when the character sprints he should look more tough like when he sprints with the rpg he doesnt look tough running with the machine gun etc. Also thanks for considering to put standard flight back in the game hopefully thats what classic is. The game needs to have the same gameplay and speed as warhawk but of course be different at the same time u dont have to add so much little things it can make a game terrible for someone with a good eye. Also most important take off the glass break effect when your starhawk is damaged you can see if its damaged (3rd person) the glass break effect when vehicle is damaged looks to cheesy! Again this is MBOMB187, bought the ps3 just for warhawk THE BEST GAME EVER!! Lets keep the fire burning!!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 85 of 210 (214 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re : Starhawk Beta - Features/Other Feedback

[ Edited ]

Hello, I want to congratulate all the team of developers, the game is very fun. I want to say also that I am left in the game often my problem is that the viewfinder of the player is only right, I am also disadvantage and it is very embarrassing in front of a wall to the left rate, angle is cut.

Would it be possible, and especially that this key is not used to have the function of L3 to change the camera (viewfinder) right to left shoulder and vice versa.

I am very sorry for the quality of language, because I am French and I translated my text from Google, but I really would like this option is included for better playability for left-handed like me and the game itself the same.

Thank you in advance.

Bonjour, je tien tous d’abord à féliciter l’équipe de développeurs, le jeu est très amusant. Je tien à dire aussi que je suis gaucher,  dans le jeu souvent mon problème c’est  que le viseur du joueur est exclusivement à droite, cela me désavantage et d’ailleurs c’est très gênant face à un mur vers le coter gauche, l’angle de vue est couper.

Serait-t-il possible et surtout que cette touche n’est pas utiliser, d’avoir sur L3 la fonction de changer la camera (viseur) d’épaule  droite à gauche et vice- versa.

Je suis  vraiment désoler de la qualité du langage, car je suis français et j’ai traduit mon texte part Google, mais j’aimerai vraiment que cette option soit inclus, pour une meilleur jouabilité pour les gaucher comme moi et  pour le jeu lui-même.

Merci d'avance.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 86 of 210 (204 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

SUGGESTION

Some indication as to what the average rank of players are in a server so we know which ones to join. There is a lot of new players in the beta at the moment and I've found the game plays out extremely differently. It's not as fun playing with people who are still figuring out B&B while you're trying to get a hold of the rift bases or the flag etc etc

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 87 of 210 (195 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Survivor points!!!

You get 1000 points for not dying in a game.....

You should have to play the whole match or at least a vast part of it before you get those points....

Where I got them for playing the last min the other day!!!!!!

men of the imperium do you want to live for ever!!!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 88 of 210 (190 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

AJebEn wrote:

SUGGESTION

Some indication as to what the average rank of players are in a server so we know which ones to join. There is a lot of new players in the beta at the moment and I've found the game plays out extremely differently. It's not as fun playing with people who are still figuring out B&B while you're trying to get a hold of the rift bases or the flag etc etc

Maybe other players thought that about YOU when you started playing this.....

Maybe equiping you mic & giving some direction to your team mates might help them a little..

And its a BETA we're here to give it a good testing find the glitches &  the problems as well as giving our suggestions....

You might find in the finished game ppl who open rooms can set the rank level that they want playing in them like WH......

But at the moment with the leveling system not working as it should at times your not going to get a good indication of what level ppl really are at.....

men of the imperium do you want to live for ever!!!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 89 of 210 (187 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

saberdragon wrote:

AJebEn wrote:

SUGGESTION

1. Maybe other players thought that about YOU when you started playing this.....

2. Maybe equiping you mic & giving some direction to your team mates might help them a little..

3. And its a BETA we're here to give it a good testing find the glitches &  the problems as well as giving our suggestions....

4. You might find in the finished game ppl who open rooms can set the rank level that they want playing in them like WH......

5. But at the moment with the leveling system not working as it should at times your not going to get a good indication of what level ppl really are at.....

1. I'm almost sure they did, and that reinforces my suggestion. Maybe this wouldn't have happened if we had average rankings on the server listings or a minimum rank for some rooms.

2. I've been helping players as much as I can but there comes a point when I want to test the beta for myself.

3. True, hence my suggestion.

4. Hope so.

5. True, for the time being.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 90 of 210 (184 Views)
0 Kudos