80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Starhawk Beta - Vehicle Feedback

318 Replies 1,585 Views Created 15-11-2011

Hello and welcome to the Vehicle Feedback thread for the Starhawk Beta Trial.

Please use this thread to feedback on, or report any issues with regards to the vehicles in Starhawk.

The Starhawk developers will be actively monitoring these official feedback threads, although as they are very busy please do not expect a reply to every post/query.

To help the Starhawk developers look into the issue, it would be helpful to include the below information in your posts within this thread:

----------------------------------------------------------

Brief Description of the issue: (i.e "The Razorback gets stuck in a certain position")

Name of vehicle:

The map which the issue with the vehicle occurs: (if it happens on all maps please mention this too)

Suggestions to improve the issue: (i.e "Add a re-build feature")

----------------------------------------------------------

If you are not reporting an issue, but would like to suggest something to the developers, please put [SUGGESTION] at the top of your post.  This will help the developers to filter out the bugs vs suggestions within this thread.

Many thanks :Thumbs:

- LiquidRunner

LABELS:
------------------------------------------------
LiquidRunner (or just 'Liquid')
Ex-PlayStation Beta Manager

Don't worry, β Happy

Click here to track my posts
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

rowlands121

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
rowlands121
Accepted Solution

also works well if used under enemy hawk platform, sneek in, fire mines up into the floor plate, when a hawk is spawned and the enemy gets in it, mines will destroy the hawk and passenger. but will not trigger until hawk has an enemy passenger

0 Kudos

Re: Starhawk Beta - Vehicle Feedback

/16

rowlands121

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
rowlands121
Accepted Solution

Am I also right in assuming the new Hawk weapon (Torpedo) blue flare, can fire right through a shielded base.

Because I have had this happen at least 2 or 3 times ??.

also had a shield destroyed by enemy using a rocket launcher, when they were a long way off ?

0 Kudos

/16

mdyer2

46%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mdyer2
Accepted Solution

I'm SURE this problem has already been addressed, but...

Whenever you're driving a tank on ANY sort of incline/decline, the aiming gets completely screwed up.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Liam511

• Beta Tester
99%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Liam511
Accepted Solution
You can have passengers in the hawk so your technique with the mines would be just like normal :) but yeah I like the mine under the hawk spawn trick

this is the last time I'll abandon you
/16

saberdragon

91%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
saberdragon
Accepted Solution

KADAFI316 wrote:

stick 3 snneak up on a tank from behind haaaaaaa thats an epic kill works every time!!!!  but i sugguest you stick it on after you seen your target ridein about is risky!!

I had a Hawk target me in a game when I had 3 mines stuck on a jetbike!!!!

As luck would have it he was a poor pilot & I made it to the trees on Dust & he did'nt want to play after that....

This idea should really be  one of those quirky Trophys you get in games now & then....

Of course it would have to be called Suicide Bomber.....

0 Kudos

men of the imperium do you want to live for ever!!!
/16

JandTNZ

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JandTNZ
Accepted Solution

Thought I'd better get the feedback up before the Beta ends.

The Sidewinder on all maps.

The Bike on an incline and the constant tumble.

When you are forced to dismount or after dismounting a bike on a steep hill and the bike begins to tumble down that hill. I can't get back on it no matter how hard I hit square when I'm prompted until the bike comes to a halt at the bottom of said hill. Any chance this could be fixed. I look kinda gooofy chasing a sidewinder doing rolly pollies in the desert.

The auto reload and the grenade spaz.

To throw grenades when on a bike you zoom in just like with any weapon. If I've got a round missing from the clip of my weapon then zooming in causes an auto reoload, tapping throw grenade interrupts the reload animation and I throw nothing but a fake. Net result is a spaz and a very dead me.

The dumb fire rocket shot

Holding on to aquire a lock and then not taking a shot against a locked airborne target. Either I've lost the shot or the target has been elinminated. I'll drive around to search for a new target. When I bring the missile launcher up again with aim it fires! at what ever the cross hairs are on. Don't know what is going on with that it happens maybe 3 out of 10 times.

The Sidewinder is badass, but I would like to see bikes that could be ridden tandem, where a passanger could fire only a rifle or throw grenades. It's a pain trying to chase one of these down when it has the flag and you have to stop to shoot at it.

0 Kudos

/16

JandTNZ

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JandTNZ
Accepted Solution

The Ox aka rancid donkey.

Ox on all maps.

Got to say it while it's a lot of fun and packs an empowering punch with the large AOE on the main gun. The Ox is PATHETIC! A heavy tank that costs the most of any machine and it gets reduced to scrap metal by hawks before you can reload a fresh mag the hawk cost only half the Ox. Even Assault Rifles can destory it! Light Box whatt where you thinking.

Some weapons shouldn't be able to scratch it, Shot Guns, Assault Rifles, Sniper Rifles, Auto Turrets.

others should do reduced damage Hawk Mini Guns, Razor Back.

Only the heavy weapons and high explosives should hurt it. Mines, Grenades, Missile Launchers. Hawk rockets etc...

As it is now the Ox is a joke.

Camer and Ox butt.

On an inclined plane the Ox won't shoot straight and the camers zooms in on the  bum of the machine. Any chance the camera could be restricted from fallling below the horizontal plane of the Ox.

0 Kudos

/16

JandTNZ

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JandTNZ
Accepted Solution

Vulture Jet Pack on all maps

With the Sidewinder now out there, The Vulture is seeing little use. At 6/3 it's far too expensive. The Sidewinder is faster and can clear low obstacles just like the jet pack all without the danger of being locked on by missile launchers and it can carry the flag! all for a cost of 1/1. It's about time the two where brought closer in cost. Say 2/1 for the Sidewinder and 4/3 for the jet bike. As it stands standard operation procedure witht he Vulture is to get 6 RP bring in the Vulture. Get the free pack and reclaim the dispenser. You have your jet pack 3 RP returned and construction point has not been used and their is no sturcture for the enemy to get xp on. You have spent just as many RP as if you had a dispenser on the map but with no real down side.

0 Kudos

/16

trickwheel

28%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
trickwheel
Accepted Solution

1) Description; the powerslide turning ability during dog fights after taking any damage no matter how small the damage is sluggish or almost non responsive without wide turns leaving you open for follow up attacks.

Name of vehicle: Hawk

Map: all maps

Suggestion: Added control while receiving damage

2) Description: Animation from moving from driver seat to mounted gun and vise versa is slow or extensively long. ability to take control while animation is still in progress.

Vehicle: Razorback

Map: Dust

Suggestion: delayed vehicle reaction until animation is complete or faster animation

3) Description: Swarm missle is delayed once fired resulting in often avoided attacks.

Vehicle: Hawk

Map: All

Suggestion: Responsive firing once locked on or quicker firing once designated button is released.

0 Kudos

/16

KADAFI316

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KADAFI316
Accepted Solution

haaaaaaa stick 1 on the hawk and swoop down on the jetbikes haaaaaaaa omg thats briliant you see it jump to their bike haaaaaaa epic  i think thats the only thing im enjoing at the moment the jetbike does have a spring to it if you jump off and use it like the jeep from warhawk

at the moment im trying to see if the air mines if you lay em real low can jump to a merc in ground mode or any jeeps or bikes that gets near by them

serious fun them sticky mines works great hawk to hawk 2 just boost up behind them this is the only thing i give a thumbs up to very creative dust map you could have made the badlands bigger and will kick this maps a s s suks just big and empty with a few bootleg joints in the middle if you luck you might see jhon wayne in theirr!!!!! im geting tired of haveing no buillding to build after 10 or so min it suks come on LBI!!!!!

just give me my own stash of builldings il be good if i waste them than thats my falut i want my own limt please man 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

TRIPY_F1SH

26%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TRIPY_F1SH
Accepted Solution

I think that there is a play of unfairness on the hawk.

A Beam Turrent can just kill it in two seconds, please lower the beams firepower, 

But on the other hand it is really hard to kill a hawk from foot, now one person should never be able to kill  a hawk but i've seen 4 people shooting at a hawk and the hawk won. Also i haven't seen that you can jack or stealth kill a hawk, i once snuck up behind a hawk that was trying to find me, i expected to see a jack button but there was none so I ended up dieing. Also could you please put outmanuvere controls while flying, such as barrel rolls.

Name of vehicle: Hawk

The map which the issue with the vehicle occurs: all

Suggestions to improve the issue:  Lower beam power, make hawks a little easier to kill from the ground and make a jack button when behind the hawk. Barrel rolls

0 Kudos

/16

KADAFI316

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KADAFI316
Accepted Solution

i kill hawks with my riffle but if they good  use the yellow missle thats a 1 shoot kill  but im not scared of hawks 2 nades few rounds and boooooooooom baddddddddddd booooooooom hide jump run around rocks it ant to hard tho dont be scared of them!

4 guys to shoot 1 hawk haaaaa if i had 4 of me i think will destroy every hawk 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Commandofin

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Commandofin
Accepted Solution

Can someone confirm one of these.

When driving with the flag using sidewinder you move slower. I was caught up by another sidewinder while I was driving away using the sidewinder.

Or does the sidewinder have some kind of a speed boost which I don't know.

Or third, my controller is badly broken (it is a bit broken right now).

0 Kudos

/16

Hogezz

92%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Hogezz
Accepted Solution
You can unlock the engine mods skill. It speeds up all vehicles.
0 Kudos

/16

rowlands121

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
rowlands121
Accepted Solution

The speed boost on the sidewinder can make the bike a bit harder to handle, but on a plus great for reaching hawks while you have mines attached to the sidewinder.  on a game earlier left the base via one of the ramps with mines already attached,  i flew off the end of the ramp and an enemy hawk slipped by underneath me.

all 3 of my mines attached to it , and i carried on going.

0 Kudos

/16

rowlands121

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
rowlands121
Accepted Solution

problem report

maps affected all

vehicle Tank (sorry forgot the name for it)

problem. if you convert a wall into a gate then drive through the gate with the tank, the gate drops and lets you pass.

but if you attempt to reverse back through the gate it wont open. you have to drive through forwards to get the gate to open.

not sure if this is the same with other vehicles, will check and report back

0 Kudos

/16

JunctionPuppy

55%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JunctionPuppy
Accepted Solution

Brief Description of the issue: jet pack disconnects you from a turret kill with R2 button.

I normally continue to hold run after attacking a turret with a knife, from the ground, and this causes some inconvenient disconnects at critical times when I cant think about letting go of R2.

Name of vehicle: Jet Pack

The map which the issue with the vehicle occurs: all

Suggestions to improve the issue: Maybe require player to jump off of turret  with x button before the pack kicks in. Also do not require the player to re-press R2 to fly off if already holding it down. 

0 Kudos

[Suggestion] Re: Starhawk Beta - Vehicle Feedback

/16

saberdragon

91%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
saberdragon
Accepted Solution

Why does the Tank have two weapons!!!!!

It seems to have the best of both worlds engage at long range with the twin cannon or stand off & mortar the base ....

It seems to have turned into the weapon of choice for baserapes now..

Think i'd rather have one or the other & have something on the tank garage to choose which one you want...

0 Kudos

/16

rowlands121

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
rowlands121
Accepted Solution

saberdragon wrote:

It seems to have the best of both worlds engage at long range with the twin cannon or stand off & mortar the base ....

Think i'd rather have one or the other & have something on the tank garage to choose which one you want...

as per my previous post, tanks are easy to deal with. get a side winder , collect some mines and fire them at the front of the bike , ride around the map and come up behind any enemy tank.

or other vehicle, mines jump from your bike to the tank 3 seconds later boom, gone.

although dont get close to foot soldiers as the mines dont stick but they will arm and blow you up instead.

0 Kudos

/16

saberdragon

91%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
saberdragon
Accepted Solution

rowlands121 wrote:

saberdragon wrote:

as per my previous post, tanks are easy to deal with. get a side winder , collect some mines and fire them at the front of the bike , ride around the map and come up behind any enemy tank.

or other vehicle, mines jump from your bike to the tank 3 seconds later boom, gone.

although dont get close to foot soldiers as the mines dont stick but they will arm and blow you up instead.

I've been doing the suicide runs with the mines to reasonable effect....

And yes i've died when the f##kers jumped off there vehicles & its activated my mines as i've passed :Shame:

Its just that now the tank has two weapons at times it seems a little too powerful!!!

If we have to have a mortar as a weapon at least cut the range down a little .....

Time & time again its used as the baserape weapon of choice there was'nt a building left standing the flag was long gone but still the rounds kept falling onto bare ground to catch the pods as they landed.....

0 Kudos

/16

rowlands121

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
rowlands121
Accepted Solution

saberdragon wrote:

rowlands121 wrote:

saberdragon wrote:

I've been doing the suicide runs with the mines to reasonable effect....

And yes i've died when the f##kers jumped off there vehicles & its activated my mines as i've passed :Shame:

Its just that now the tank has two weapons at times it seems a little too powerful!!!

If we have to have a mortar as a weapon at least cut the range down a little .....

Time & time again its used as the baserape weapon of choice there was'nt a building left standing the flag was long gone but still the rounds kept falling onto bare ground to catch the pods as they landed.....

I have changed taktics slightly now. i stalk a tank i use the sidewinder with 3 mines attached, but i wait a little longer and pick up another 3 mines.

now when i see an enemy tank, i take the time to make sure their looking the other way, i approach a bit slower, and if they jump out which is always on the right of the vehicle,

i stop my bike short, and fire 3 mines on to the tank. then drive off.

enemy then thinks its safe so jump back in the tank, and BOOM. i would love to see their faces when this  happens.

also if i come across an empty vehicle on the map , i always attach a couple of mines to it. this means your team mates can use it but should the enemy try , they will get a shock.

@Cheeker I agree they seem to have the balance about right now. the more expensive the vehicle the harder it is to kill.

when the game launches for real Clans will develop along with tactics ,  using a headset and mic will be a must for this game.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel