80%
02 Rank
Progress

Starhawk Beta - Weapon Feedback

[ Edited ]
327 Replies 1,742 Views edited 15-11-2011
15 Nov 2011
By LiquidRunner

Hello and welcome to the Weapon Feedback thread for the Starhawk Beta Trial.

Please use this thread to feedback on, or report any issues with regards to the weapons in Starhawk.

The Starhawk developers will be actively monitoring these official feedback threads, although as they are very busy please do not expect a reply to every post/query.

To help the Starhawk developers look into the issue, it would be helpful to include the below information in your posts within this thread:

----------------------------------------------------------

Brief Description of the issue: (i.e "The weapon appears to be unbalanced")

Name of weapon:

The map which the issue with the weapon occurs: (if it happens on all maps please mention this too)

Suggestions to improve the feel of the weapon:

----------------------------------------------------------

If you are not reporting an issue, but would like to suggest something to the developers, please put [SUGGESTION] at the top of your post.  This will help the developers to filter out the bugs vs suggestions within this thread.

Many thanks :Thumbs:

- LiquidRunner

LABELS:
------------------------------------------------
LiquidRunner (or just 'Liquid')
Ex-PlayStation Beta Manager

Don't worry, β Happy

Click here to track my posts
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mikeymonty

97%
04 Rank
Progress
mikeymonty
Accepted Solution

[SUGGESTION]

the weapon selection on the dpad in a hawk is terrible at the mo. very slow and makes it very unclear which weapon is selected. I think a weapon guage is requird somewhere on the screen to help players keep track of which weapon is selected and how much of the weapon is left

Re: Starhawk Beta - Weapon Feedback

[ Edited ]
Photobucket

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Linzoid

• Beta Tester
96%
03 Rank
Progress
Linzoid
Accepted Solution
Totally agree MikeyMonty! The weapon select isn't anywhere near as easy to use or as responsive as Warhawk.

Personally I think the wapon select in Warhawk is probably the best weapon select system about. Please developers implement Warhawk weapon select.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Marsta-J

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Marsta-J
Accepted Solution
* I agree.. The response from the D-Pad to the weapon selection is Nasty.... Please bring it back to a fast response, WARHAWK style...

* And also, this was posted in the U.S Forums... But are you able to make the grenade COD styles? e.g. where you can hold the Grenade for a set amount of time, otherwise you blow yourself up? or the moment you release the R2 it fires away? The slow response is annoying?
0 Kudos

Marsta-J

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

Ace-Jury

• Award Winner
90%
04 Rank
Progress
Ace-Jury
Accepted Solution
i believe in the industry they call that "Grenade Cook"
0 Kudos

sig

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JHEATED5

63%
02 Rank
Progress
JHEATED5
Accepted Solution

(SUGGESTIONS)

First increase rifle damage slightly, I've counted about 20 shots it's taken to kill someone..

Decrease the range on the shotgun a little bit..

Make Snipers one shot kills again, Sniping a body in this franchise is like sniping a head in any other game it just doesn't work with the size of the characters..

More damage with rocket launcher, it works great for vehicles but when you shoot at enemies it doesn't seem like it does anything, I've hit guy directly with 2 shots from it and nothing!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

macman180

46%
02 Rank
Progress
macman180
Accepted Solution
100% agree
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ballin24_365

22%
02 Rank
Progress
ballin24_365
Accepted Solution
cook or at least on impact blasts
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

cc_star

70%
02 Rank
Progress
cc_star
Accepted Solution

*SUGGESTION*

* As a complete noob I find the D-Pad selection awkward, not just that's it's different to Warhawk, but really think it needs to be faster

* Not a fan of CoD-isms creeping into the game, think it would be better if the grenade just exploded on hitting a target & if it doesn't hit the target then it exploding after the relevant time

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mcann07

80%
02 Rank
Progress
mcann07
Accepted Solution

Brief Description of the issue: hard to kill troops, but easily destroys vehicles.

Name of weapon: Rifle, Rocket launcher

The map which the issue with the weapon occurs: all maps

Suggestions to improve the feel of the weapon: improve its effectiveness against troops,

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Savage005

69%
02 Rank
Progress
Savage005
Accepted Solution

I love the mines how they jump up and stick to the vechicles, pure genuis, however i have found out that the land mine takes two to kill a guy, seems a liittle underpowered.

The shotgun is brilliant, the weapon everyone wanted in warhawk lol.

Having the knife at a moments notice with r3 is great in my opinion, not having to change weapons  for it  is great but might just have too much of a radius on it.

The rifle takes ages to kill a guy but dosent take long to destroy a mech,i dont know if this was intended but it seems off.

The rocket launcher, looks nice, and kills vechicles really quickly especially the hawks, as they do not seem to be able to evade from them, i have been in the hawks and there is a difference when someone fires from a rocket launcher, you dont get a warning you just get told to evade which is too late you have already been hit! If you fire at a guy most of the time he will survive to kill you which dosnt seem right.

The repair tool is good, and love the animation when you repair something.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MosesAna

37%
02 Rank
Progress
MosesAna
Accepted Solution
The auto-turrets are being spammed, so they need to either be weaker generally or the normal Rifle needs to be more powerful. I would go with increasing the rifle power because it's pretty inaccurate now and emptying a whole clip to kill a person is too much. I don't want 1 hit kills with it but i think half a clip should be good enough.

I think it might be a good idea to have a *few* weapons spawn on the maps too, to help newly spawned players to get into the fight a bit quicker.

D-pad weapon selector is just way too slow, and if you select a weapon please let the selection pad stay visible for a bit longer just so we can confirm we have chosen the correct weapon. Maybe delay the fade away by an extra couple of seconds.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mikeymonty

97%
04 Rank
Progress
mikeymonty
Accepted Solution

MosesAna wrote:
The auto-turrets are being spammed, so they need to either be weaker generally or the normal Rifle needs to be more powerful. I would go with increasing the rifle power because it's pretty inaccurate now and emptying a whole clip to kill a person is too much. I don't want 1 hit kills with it but i think half a clip should be good enough.

I think it might be a good idea to have a *few* weapons spawn on the maps too, to help newly spawned players to get into the fight a bit quicker.

D-pad weapon selector is just way too slow, and if you select a weapon please let the selection pad stay visible for a bit longer just so we can confirm we have chosen the correct weapon. Maybe delay the fade away by an extra couple of seconds.

I actually don't find them a problem unless there's more than 2 or 3 in one spot. Most of the time you've got time to run up and destruct them with r3

0 Kudos

Photobucket

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Commandofin

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Commandofin
Accepted Solution

MosesAna wrote:

So where is the use of them in then? They are fine as they are. Easily destroyed, easily avoided, if you keep dying on them then you are too careless and lack proper weaponry.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ballin24_365

22%
02 Rank
Progress
ballin24_365
Accepted Solution
Agreed
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

sickcityxiii

24%
02 Rank
Progress
sickcityxiii
Accepted Solution

Totally agree. Thank you !

(woops, this was in response to the poor d-pad weapon selection mentioned earlier)

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DyingLove

23%
02 Rank
Progress
DyingLove
Accepted Solution
It's kinda distractin!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CategoryIV

26%
02 Rank
Progress
CategoryIV
Accepted Solution

I totally agree with the Hawk weapon select. Its rectangular in shape, which makes getting to theweapons located in the corners of the menu, difficult. Perhaps a circular weapon select menu, as seenRatchet and Clank series (among others).

Also:

Weapon: Grenades

Suggestion: Give the grenades slightly more "Oomph" (think 'Lost Planet: Extreme Condition'grenades).Also, consider giving them slightly more splash damage. 

Great Beta so far! 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Jonesybones09

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Jonesybones09
Accepted Solution

I don;t think grenades need more oomph. I get so many random kills with grenades its kind of hilariuous when it happens. I think if they had any more oomph they'd be near impossable to avoid. you'd probaly have to pre determine ur escape.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bitbydeath

95%
03 Rank
Progress
bitbydeath
Accepted Solution

1. Rocket Launcher appears to be underpowered, i prefer the 1-hit kills that Warhawk had... kinda makes sense.

2. Sniper Rifle, i found the zoom on it but there only appeared to be the one zoom level, is it possible to have two or 3 zooms sizes?

3. Weapon Wheel - Would be cool if this displayed the name of the highlighted weapon in the middle much like how the Build wheel does.

4. I'd prefer a real knife as well but don't think you will offer that :-)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CinkCobra

98%
03 Rank
Progress
CinkCobra
Accepted Solution
Brief Description of the issue: (i.e "The weapon appears to be unbalanced")

Name of weapon: RPG

Under-powered against ground troops in ground battles, should be much more like the warhawk version, direct hit kill and bigger splash area.

Name of weapon: Rifle

Increase the damage rate.

Photobucket
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel