15 Nov 2011
Beta Manager
Playstation Staff

Starhawk Beta - Weapon Feedback

[ Edited ]
327 Replies 1,544 Views edited 15-11-2011

Hello and welcome to the Weapon Feedback thread for the Starhawk Beta Trial.

Please use this thread to feedback on, or report any issues with regards to the weapons in Starhawk.

The Starhawk developers will be actively monitoring these official feedback threads, although as they are very busy please do not expect a reply to every post/query.

To help the Starhawk developers look into the issue, it would be helpful to include the below information in your posts within this thread:

----------------------------------------------------------

Brief Description of the issue: (i.e "The weapon appears to be unbalanced")

Name of weapon:

The map which the issue with the weapon occurs: (if it happens on all maps please mention this too)

Suggestions to improve the feel of the weapon:

----------------------------------------------------------

If you are not reporting an issue, but would like to suggest something to the developers, please put [SUGGESTION] at the top of your post.  This will help the developers to filter out the bugs vs suggestions within this thread.

Many thanks :Thumbs:

- LiquidRunner

------------------------------------------------
LiquidRunner (or just 'Liquid')
PlayStation Beta Manager

Don't worry, β Happy

Click here to track my posts
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 328 (1,544 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: Starhawk Beta - Weapon Feedback

[ Edited ]

[SUGGESTION]

the weapon selection on the dpad in a hawk is terrible at the mo. very slow and makes it very unclear which weapon is selected. I think a weapon guage is requird somewhere on the screen to help players keep track of which weapon is selected and how much of the weapon is left

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 328 (1,512 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Totally agree MikeyMonty! The weapon select isn't anywhere near as easy to use or as responsive as Warhawk.

Personally I think the wapon select in Warhawk is probably the best weapon select system about. Please developers implement Warhawk weapon select.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 328 (1,509 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

* I agree.. The response from the D-Pad to the weapon selection is Nasty.... Please bring it back to a fast response, WARHAWK style...

* And also, this was posted in the U.S Forums... But are you able to make the grenade COD styles? e.g. where you can hold the Grenade for a set amount of time, otherwise you blow yourself up? or the moment you release the R2 it fires away? The slow response is annoying?
Marsta-J

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 328 (1,507 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

i believe in the industry they call that "Grenade Cook"
sig
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 328 (1,498 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

(SUGGESTIONS)

First increase rifle damage slightly, I've counted about 20 shots it's taken to kill someone..

Decrease the range on the shotgun a little bit..

Make Snipers one shot kills again, Sniping a body in this franchise is like sniping a head in any other game it just doesn't work with the size of the characters..

More damage with rocket launcher, it works great for vehicles but when you shoot at enemies it doesn't seem like it does anything, I've hit guy directly with 2 shots from it and nothing!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 328 (1,490 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

1. Rocket Launcher appears to be underpowered, i prefer the 1-hit kills that Warhawk had... kinda makes sense.

2. Sniper Rifle, i found the zoom on it but there only appeared to be the one zoom level, is it possible to have two or 3 zooms sizes?

3. Weapon Wheel - Would be cool if this displayed the name of the highlighted weapon in the middle much like how the Build wheel does.

4. I'd prefer a real knife as well but don't think you will offer that :-)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 328 (1,487 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Brief Description of the issue: (i.e "The weapon appears to be unbalanced")

Name of weapon: RPG

Under-powered against ground troops in ground battles, should be much more like the warhawk version, direct hit kill and bigger splash area.

Name of weapon: Rifle

Increase the damage rate.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 328 (1,481 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[SUGGESTION] 

The knife melee is getting abused, often i am gunning someone down and they run up and knife, killing instantly.

Removing the auto-knife entirely or adding it as a weapon that must be selected will correct the issue.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 328 (1,465 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

agree with bitbydeath about the knife. change it back to WH ways.
Also, my problem:
Weapon: Rocket launcher. You can aim it at an enemies feet, watch it hit their feet and still they do not die.
Maps: All
Solution: Increase blast radius/ blast damage of the rocket launcher
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 328 (1,447 Views)
0 Kudos