26 Nov 2011
By caul606
Playstation Staff

Starhawk- Too much change?

9 Replies 328 Views Created 26-11-2011

Hey Hey SH players :smileyhappy:

Just a quick message which I hope may get through to Lightbox (Or Not ) at some point.

Starhawk is fun. Do not deny it. Unfortunately it is far from a sequel to Warhawk (It has Hawk in the name so dont even say it wasnt intended to be like WH).

My main issue is flight. First of all in Warhawk I was a NF player. I didn't use backwards lock ons. I was still very good. However in SH, NF is useless- anyone who is using it is kidding themselves. Thats fine I was going to switch to PF. PF is dead in SH too. The dodging is the most ridiculous mechanic I have ever seen in any game. EVER. The planes are slow. The powersliding doesn't work as you cant boost out. All in all, flying has taken a huge step down. The Mechs are also as OP as hover was. YOu cant kill em on the ground.

Unfortunately, my next issue is the ground (Yes two issues of mine cover the whole game). The weapons are garbo. THe rifle is useless as it is too weak and too hard to aim. WH's rifle was balanced cos it was weak but easy to aim (Auto aim). THe Knife is ridiculous- it is quicker to run up to people and knife than it is to rifle. The shotgun is the only gun worth using. THe sniper reitcule is garbo. 2 hit kill is a bad idea. THe rocket launcher..... why is this not a one hit kill in the blast radius?.I also hate the camera... Too close.

THe game is fun-  but it could be so much more.

<3 Caul606

GodsIllest
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (328 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Starhawk- Too much change?

Almost everything needs to be rebalanced imo-

The rifle, needs to be stronger.

The hawks needs to be faster

The rocket launcher needs to be stronger,

the knife needs to be weaker (2 slash for a kill)

grenades i can't yet comment on but should be as powerful as a rocket.

structures seem overpowered but likely because weapons are underpowered.

I think the pod beacon and hawk rift costings should be switched so that the pod is 6 and the hawk is 4

Also it would be cool if we could climb and hang from walls like in Warhawk.

Theres probably some other stuff like building limiations to address but if all the above got fixed it would improve the game a lot.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10 (301 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

bitbydeath wrote:

• The rifle, needs to be stronger. Yes, definitely!

• The hawks needs to be faster.  Too be honest on these small maps the speed is fine - obviously not tried bigger maps yet.

• The rocket launcher needs to be stronger.  Yes, but it's strength is not too bad

• The knife needs to be weaker (2 slash for a kill). No, perhaps a quicker animation but not weaker

• Grenades I can't yet comment on but should be as powerful as a rocket.  I disagree but I see where your coming from

• Structures seem overpowered but likely because weapons are underpowered.  I think the buildings vs weapons are fine.  If they improve weapons then I say improve structures

• I think the pod beacon and hawk rift costings should be switched so that the pod is 6 and the hawk is 4.  Personally, I disagree because the Hawk - in my eyes - is a bigger treat than spawn point

• Also it would be cool if we could climb and hang from walls like in Warhawk.  That was fun at the time but doesn't really suit the game I feel because there are ladders everywhere.

• There's probably some other stuff like building limitations to address but if all the above got fixed it would improve the game a lot. I agree with building limitations, perhaps a radius where you cannot build multiple pod beacons or hawk pads.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10 (296 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

antem wrote:

bitbydeath wrote:

• The rifle, needs to be stronger. Yes, definitely!

• The hawks needs to be faster.  Too be honest on these small maps the speed is fine - obviously not tried bigger maps yet.

• The rocket launcher needs to be stronger.  Yes, but it's strength is not too bad

• The knife needs to be weaker (2 slash for a kill). No, perhaps a quicker animation but not weaker

• Grenades I can't yet comment on but should be as powerful as a rocket.  I disagree but I see where your coming from

• Structures seem overpowered but likely because weapons are underpowered.  I think the buildings vs weapons are fine.  If they improve weapons then I say improve structures

• I think the pod beacon and hawk rift costings should be switched so that the pod is 6 and the hawk is 4.  Personally, I disagree because the Hawk - in my eyes - is a bigger treat than spawn point

• Also it would be cool if we could climb and hang from walls like in Warhawk.  That was fun at the time but doesn't really suit the game I feel because there are ladders everywhere.

• There's probably some other stuff like building limitations to address but if all the above got fixed it would improve the game a lot. I agree with building limitations, perhaps a radius where you cannot build multiple pod beacons or hawk pads.

Particularly the gun turrets, it takes about 4 or 5 rockets to take down one of those, or 3 or more full clips of the rifle. It is much easier to walk right up to them and press R3. Same goes for enemies, it is easier to go right up to them and knife them rather than stand off in a rifle fight because it just takes so long to take one of them down.

Also i thought the pod beacon would be a bigger treat as it gives the whole team an advantage as opposed to just one person buzzing around in a hawk. :-)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10 (293 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Yeah I usually just run up to the gun turrets to take them out.  I think if the rifle power was increased it would stop people from being able to just run up and knife someone.  I know what you mean with the Hawk vs Pod, but as I would rather place a pod beacon at the start beside the enemy lines - with very little rift - I say keep it the way it is :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10 (277 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I'm trying really hard to remain objective and to see this beta as an opportunity to help LBI create a great game - and lets be honest, this BETA already seems rock solid, so it bodes well that there are stil some 7 or 8 months of dev time to tweak and balance

I've been involved in enough BETA's and have followed and bought enough sequels to realise that certain games are dear to peoples hearts, and when a sequel is announced they expect the same game they love, but better or more

I'm trying real hard not to be one of those "but this isn't warhawk 2" moaners, but the flight is the biggest let down I have come across

as for everything else, apart from any minor bugs or balancing issues, i think this game will be excellent fun and great to play with mates - just that damn flight issue will always be there unless LBI have a change of heart
YOUR FACE!
JUST PLAY IT!
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (216 Views)

Playstation Staff

Very much in agreement here, the rifle is a lot weaker than it should be,
Grenades seem about right although i have seen a few players walk away from a grenade directly to the face.
Hawks seem a bit sluggish when cruising along
great idea about hanging from the walls.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10 (155 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I think I'm the only one that thinks that the rifle is actually more powerful than the Warhawk equivalent.

I think that it's perfect as it is.

I love it.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (147 Views)
Level 2

Playstation Staff

The rifle isn't weak against troops, this isn't CoD.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10 (132 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

morgothemighty wrote:
I'm trying real hard not to be one of those "but this isn't warhawk 2" moaners, but the flight is the biggest let down I have come across

I agree that the hawks feel too sluggish . The first thing I did was turn on pro flight, thinking I could pull off sharp turns, evade missles and whatnot like in warhawk but it all feels a little too sluggish. Evading missiles is a little difficult. Then again, it was too easy in warhawk.

Photobucket
PS3 #1 06/07/07-22/12/08 PS3 #2 02/01/09-19/09/09 PS3 #3 27/10/09 - 22/11/09 PS3#4 14/12/09-11/10/13 (Revived 01/11/13)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10 (128 Views)
0 Kudos