[EN] Archive

Public Starhawk BETA

Public Starhawk BETA

11 Mar 2012
By: aGeek

5 Posts

Vote function

12 Replies 185 Views Created 11-03-2012

We really need the ability to vote people off our team. It's far too easy for one guy to come in and ruin the entire game by reclaiming all of our buildings and/or building superfluous walls purely for the purpose of using up our allotted structures. With all the griefers in games these days, something has to be done to keep them from doing it with impunity.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (185 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Vote function

Solution: Try to let him know that he's wasting time - that is if he's a new player and genuinely doesn't know any better

or you could find out who's hosting the match and ask them to kick?
this is the last time I'll abandon you
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (172 Views)

Host kicks aren't going to cut it for griefers. It doesn't account for the host being on the opposing team, and benefitting from somebody on my team destroying all our structures, nor does it account for the griefer himself being the host. And I'm not talking about my opinion of new player's building skills, I'm talking about peopl actively ruining the game for everybody else. Reclaiming all your teams structures leaving you defenseless, or running off to some hidden corner of the map to drop 32 walls and stop the team from building anything.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (148 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Do we really need a "kick function"!!!

You might want this for the best of reasons but it'll soon be used in the wrong way ....

men of the imperium do you want to live for ever!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (134 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I normally just leave a match if I find a griefer reclaiming my buildings or always stealing my vehicles etc. Don't want to waste my time.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (129 Views)
0 Kudos

Normally I agree that leaving is the easiest option, but since I've been playing this beta I've twice had somebody literally follow me and a friend from game to game, and even send messages laughing at us trying to evade him.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (123 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

You must have that person on your friend list. Remove him and you shouldn't have that problem.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (114 Views)
0 Kudos

Of course I don't have him as a friend. I even blocked him after the first time he followed us.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (112 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Then there was no chance he could have followed you into so many games... unless he lives nect door and was peaking through your window.
this is the last time I'll abandon you
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (92 Views)

I hate to be the one to disillusion you, but I don't even have neighbors, and he did indeed follow us through enough games to make us quit playing Starhawk and go play Battlefield 3 instead. I really don't understand why everybody is so insistent on blaming me for the problem, instead of addressing the idea. The problem exists in nearly every shooter I've played. Having it in SOCOM was really nice, especially when people started finding ways to glitch and/or hack the game to run fast, or walk on air, and the like.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (85 Views)
0 Kudos