24 Jan 2012

Playstation Staff

this game is getting boring

[ Edited ]
8 Replies 441 Views edited 24-01-2012

not in the boring way most people think of though, the building features paired with hawks keep things from getting repetitve...but the ground combat needs some work. Since it is in 3rd person, people should have the ability to dodge roll like in uncharted 3. With the rolling ability people can have a chance from being squished by those razorbacks. Also ive noticed the guns are pretty hard to aim. Id had to unload atleast 3 clips into the flag holder before he dropped, probably because the analog sticks make it hard to aim. then again I guess aiming is balanced since it can gives noobs like me a chance to escape :smileyvery-happy:. The hawks are nice but there should really be a hover mode too like in warhawk. Also flying in the hawks tend to lag when manuvering pretty fast, its a framefrate issue that feels like im in a time paradox compared to the players on the ground.

So what makes this game boring? I actually dont know yet but im going to find out lol, my kill ratios are decent but I dont know why the game feels like its missing something from the original warhawk....

EDIT:

AH YES...ive found what makes this game boring.....is there any motivation system to keep players coming back to this game? I know you level up but what does that do? bragging rights? how does CoD MW3 (yeah I know I brought it up) get people to play their games? They use an intense leveling up system. The problem is that all the guns and equipment are there for the taking. Is there a customization option  or something? There should be a bounus option in the menus that have concept galleries and nice artwork when you level up.

EDIT NUMBA2:

ALSO THERE SHOULD be a cover sytem ground players can use when being shot or sniped at. Like Uncharted 3.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (441 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: this game is getting boring

I agree about some type of dash or roll or something to avoid the razorbacks. The hit radius on these things are so annoying. It's bad enough when you can't hear them approaching, but it's even worst when you can't even avoid them even when you see them coming. I was in a jetpack while running around on the ground before I saw a razorback coming my way. I switched to hover and instantly used the boost to propel upwards to avoid getting runover. Don't you know this thing STILL hit me even though I was about 5ft over the vehicle.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9 (422 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I think your wrong about the hover mode.

The hover mode in WH alowed for massive amounts of baserape. If it was a decent pilot then hitting them (without a lock on) was pretty hard to do because they killed you off.

LBI seem to have acknowledged this and given us the mech mode instead - It still gives the hawkers a chance to "base rape" the team at the cost of being at a disadvantage due to lack of armour/movement. I admit the lack of a hover mode does cause issue gameplay wise (mainly crashing into things in flight mode) but for the argument of "balance" I think the right choice has been made.

The dash and roll thing you mentioned is interesting as I like the idea of it but it has the potential to be horribly abused with people just constantly rolling about like hedgehog down a hill.
Shika1983
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (374 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

The ranking system isnt final and customisation, & skills has been blocked from the beta. You're not meant to judge a beta and think this is how its gonna play and be like on May 8th.
Instead why dont you add feedback to the developers for dodge or hover.

Also to keep in mind that more vehicles are to be added aswell.

What I personally would like is to switch shoulder view while aiming.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9 (356 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

TEKUHASHI wrote:

not in the boring way most people think of though, the building features paired with hawks keep things from getting repetitve...but the ground combat needs some work. Since it is in 3rd person, people should have the ability to dodge roll like in uncharted 3. With the rolling ability people can have a chance from being squished by those razorbacks. Also ive noticed the guns are pretty hard to aim. 

Practic makes perfect... You can't expect to just be good at a game instantly...

Id had to unload atleast 3 clips into the flag holder before he dropped, probably because the analog sticks make it hard to aim. then again I guess aiming is balanced since it can gives noobs like me a chance to escape :smileyvery-happy:. The hawks are nice but there should really be a hover mode too like in warhawk. Also flying in the hawks tend to lag when manuvering pretty fast, its a framefrate issue that feels like im in a time paradox compared to the players on the ground.

So what makes this game boring? I actually dont know yet but im going to find out lol, my kill ratios are decent but I dont know why the game feels like its missing something from the original warhawk....

EDIT:

AH YES...ive found what makes this game boring.....is there any motivation system to keep players coming back to this game? I know you level up but what does that do? bragging rights? how does CoD MW3 (yeah I know I brought it up) get people to play their games? They use an intense leveling up system. The problem is that all the guns and equipment are there for the taking.

This is what Warhawk was all about... everyone has access to the same thing unlik CoD where someone with more hours than another has a stronger gun, increased aiming, more armour etc etc...

Is there a customization option  or something? There should be a bounus option in the menus that have concept galleries and nice artwork when you level up.

EDIT NUMBA2:

ALSO THERE SHOULD be a cover sytem ground players can use when being shot or sniped at. Like Uncharted 3.

Place a wall down and use it as cover?

this is the last time I'll abandon you
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (342 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Liam511 wrote:

TEKUHASHI wrote:

not in the boring way most people think of though, the building features paired with hawks keep things from getting repetitve...but the ground combat needs some work. Since it is in 3rd person, people should have the ability to dodge roll like in uncharted 3. With the rolling ability people can have a chance from being squished by those razorbacks. Also ive noticed the guns are pretty hard to aim. 

Practic makes perfect... You can't expect to just be good at a game instantly...

Id had to unload atleast 3 clips into the flag holder before he dropped, probably because the analog sticks make it hard to aim. then again I guess aiming is balanced since it can gives noobs like me a chance to escape :smileyvery-happy:. The hawks are nice but there should really be a hover mode too like in warhawk. Also flying in the hawks tend to lag when manuvering pretty fast, its a framefrate issue that feels like im in a time paradox compared to the players on the ground.

EDIT:

AH YES...ive found what makes this game boring.....is there any motivation system to keep players coming back to this game? I know you level up but what does that do? bragging rights? how does CoD MW3 (yeah I know I brought it up) get people to play their games? They use an intense leveling up system. The problem is that all the guns and equipment are there for the taking.

This is what Warhawk was all about... everyone has access to the same thing unlik CoD where someone with more hours than another has a stronger gun, increased aiming, more armour etc etc...

Is there a customization option  or something? There should be a bounus option in the menus that have concept galleries and nice artwork when you level up.

EDIT NUMBA2:

Place a wall down and use it as cover?

Indeed, place a wall this isnt gears of war

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9 (337 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

this game is awesome and not boring at all  though i have to agree on a roll or sprint thing to evade trucks sometimes they drive next to me and i still die kinda silly

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9 (332 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Have you tried using R2?
this is the last time I'll abandon you
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (325 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Sprint + jump should execute a small roll which leaves you vulnerable and unable to shoot for a half a second or so (like in Metal Gear Online/MGS4). That should stop people from abusing it. 

fail whale
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9 (262 Views)
0 Kudos