on 22-03-2012 03:31 AM
I was playing the large dust map yesterday for a bit and two things seemed to happen over and over that I found took away form the enjoyment of the game.
Not being that experienced at the game I don't know if maybe it is just the way this map is played or not. Or maybe I was doing things wrong.
1. At the start of the game everybody built a bit of a defence around the base and then everybody jumped into a hawk and flew off to dog fight with the other team who also all appeared to be in hawks. There seemed to be no trying for the flag from either team.
2. I hung around the base for a bit and maxed out my rift then booted it to about 3/4 the way to the enemy flag and build a base, a shield, and then waited a bit and build a large turret to help shoot down the enemy hawk coming from their base. Also giving a forward spawninging zone for everybody.
3. not once did I see any other players in the middle of the map trying to attack from the ground.
4. I was hanging around the forward base trying to get up enough rift to put down a forward hawk pad for all the flyers on the team when another team mate shows up, reclaims everything I have built, and then builts a hawk pad and flys off.
Two things that would have made the experience more enjoyable for me would be to:
1. limit the number of vehicle types a team can have forcing the game to different parts of the map.
2. Have some way of letting other team members someway know of another team members intent. If that teammate would have waited for another 15 seconds, I could have provided that hawk pad and we still would have had a defended forward spawn point. I do have my mic on and rarely if ever have anybody to talk to. Is there another way of relaying messages to team members?
I don;t know if I was playing wrong or what but I thought the point of a CTF game was to try and get the flag. This seemed more of a 'hawk sim' with no tactics or goals.
Are there any servers out there where the players use mics, have some sort of tactical plan, and actually try to achieve the mission goal of the game? I would love to find such a place.
on 22-03-2012 02:14 PM
For the latest news and updates on what is happening in the PlayStation community, head over to our Announcements & Events forum.
To post a message, you will need to Sign In to the Forums using your PLAYSTATION®Network Sign In ID and password. If you do not yet have a PSN account, just click here to register.