MuseMuse

44%
02 Rank
Progress

Red Dead Redemption freezing problems

68 Replies 24,676 Views Created 24-05-2010
24 May 2010
By MuseMuse

I've been playing RDR for two days with no problems and after day 3 the game started bugging, I was on single player and the character fell through the game world. Pressing start or select would only bring up red screens. So I turned the ps3 off (getting the three beeps meaning it's crashed) and thought it was just a random incident thinking nothing of it. Came back to it later on, and I don't get any more than 30 mins play time before it crashes again in some form or another... Last time it just hung on a load screen.

I also crashed when playing Battlefield BC2 online, it hung on a loading screen but I could still talk to my friends, and after this crash it wouldn't recognise any blu ray discs, wouldn't even acknowledge they were in there. DVD's worked fine though.

So I'm wondering if my blu ray drive is breaking or something? Anyone else having these problems?

I have a UK launch 60gig, never had a problem with it (except for "apocalyPS3") if you're concerned.

tl;dr RDR and BFBC2 freeze, HELP!

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

kerrfaewishy

96%
03 Rank
Progress
kerrfaewishy
Accepted Solution

i had freezing problems with my 40gig ps3 and i still blame this game for killing it i have just bought a 320gig ps3 and so far not one problem i just think the game is too labor intensive for older models 

0 Kudos

Re: Red Dead Redemption freezing problems

100th post made 10/3/09 @22:44

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Bradftw

20%
02 Rank
Progress
Bradftw
Accepted Solution

Same thing seems to be happening to me. I have a 250gb PS3, only got it in March (Because my 60gb YLOD') and keeps freezing at loading screens. Fifa 11 and things are working fine, and RDR was working fine yesterday. Today however, it just freezes. I get as far as the menu and that is about it, click X or Square and it freezes on the revolver loading. I'm quite worried as it was very loud when it was in my PS3 :smileysad: I am very close to level 50, and I don't want to reset the data as I would rather not spend a couple of days time getting it back. Any things to solve it? :S

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

XxashycoolboyxX

34%
02 Rank
Progress
XxashycoolboyxX
Accepted Solution

yes, i have the same problem with RDR, the same problems as yours. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

trapGRAFFITI69

42%
02 Rank
Progress
trapGRAFFITI69
Accepted Solution
I recently purchased the red dead redemption bundle from the playstation store. it installed fine, but after a minute into the first mission the screen went black and brought me to the ps3 menu. I ran it again and after the same amount of time it just froze completely. My ps3 was just restored prior to downloading the game and I checked the latest update and its 4.11. So just to check again I ran the game, once again black screen and sent to the ps3 menu. I spent $40.00 on this and I really hope that it is playable, so please help me out. A million thanks in advance!!!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Wretched_Hawk

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Wretched_Hawk
Accepted Solution

Have you tried the tech pages? Always worth a try if you keep encountering this problem still.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Help/bd-p/147

0 Kudos

Flying High!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

beunstar

28%
02 Rank
Progress
beunstar
Accepted Solution

heb rdr net gehaalt kan nog geen meter lopen of hij loopt vast of blijft hangen in et loading screen wat is dat geen enkel spel doet dat alleen rdr disk nagekeken voor krassen niks geupdate niks helpt 

0 Kudos

beunstar
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel