Playstation Staff

Re: Red Dead Redemption freezing problems

I to bought the game started playing and it is freezing. Horse sinks too. 3 beeps and resets

does it all the time

What are we suppose to do....

PS3 80gb when it first game out never had a problem until today

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 51 of 69 (2,423 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

What really gets me as there has been no real official response from Sony or Rockstar, or indeed there is some way in which the problem can be resolved (other than deleting game data or reducing certain settings).

£40 is a lot of money for something that lasts about 30 seconds to 3 minutes before crashing my machine out.  I am even looking at replacing the fan for a 19 blade Tilismoon fan in the hope that it stops this overheating rubbish.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 52 of 69 (2,370 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

i have had similar problems, people flying me getting stuck etc on single player however ive got the ps3 slim 250gb

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 53 of 69 (2,270 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

i had freezing problems with my 40gig ps3 and i still blame this game for killing it i have just bought a 320gig ps3 and so far not one problem i just think the game is too labor intensive for older models 

100th post made 10/3/09 @22:44
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 54 of 69 (2,252 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Same thing seems to be happening to me. I have a 250gb PS3, only got it in March (Because my 60gb YLOD') and keeps freezing at loading screens. Fifa 11 and things are working fine, and RDR was working fine yesterday. Today however, it just freezes. I get as far as the menu and that is about it, click X or Square and it freezes on the revolver loading. I'm quite worried as it was very loud when it was in my PS3 :smileysad: I am very close to level 50, and I don't want to reset the data as I would rather not spend a couple of days time getting it back. Any things to solve it? :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 55 of 69 (2,239 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I too have an original ps3 and mine will freeze in game play and cut scenes not to mention all these weird spears in ac and ac2 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 56 of 69 (1,917 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Same is happening to me, never once had a problem with Red Dead, but Undead Nightmare has just started freezing regularly on my 2 month old slim.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 57 of 69 (1,839 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

my honour & fame has also completely stopped. im near the end of the game & it says im a greenhorn
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 58 of 69 (1,789 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Got Red Dead for Christmas and I can only play it for 15-20 minutes before it freezes. It's the only game that does this. I have the fat 40GB model.

I've attempted to complete "You shall not give false testimony, except for profit" 5 times today but it constantly freezes in different spots.

Is R* planning to fix this at all?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 59 of 69 (1,732 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Same issue. Persistent freezing at the same point in the RDR single campaign. Doesn't matter which disc it is, the retailer has replaced it. I want THIS game, and I want it to WORK. It's what I paid $600 for the machine for, and what I paid $65 for the game for.

And from Sony, the silence is deafening. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 60 of 69 (1,660 Views)
0 Kudos