06 Apr 2012
Playstation Staff

Red Dead Redemption

19 Replies 537 Views Created 06-04-2012

Yeah, I know most of you have probably already played it. Took me ages to get around to even thinking about it, didn't know much about it to be honest. Saw it on PSN + zombie thingy for £20, then looked at IGN review and given it a go. Its friggin great! What y'all think :-)

Superman
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20 (537 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Re: Red Dead Redemption

yeah, was pretty darn good. couple of slow bits in there (herding cattle for one!)

had to trade it in a while ago as times were hard.

i was actually tempted to re-buy it when i saw the ps+ discount got it to £15.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20 (523 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Yeah it is a rather good game. Takes a while to get the old platinum on it, but it is so worth it. Its just one of them games that you just have to keep coming back too.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20 (498 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Great game! If you like your free romaing Grand Theft Auto type games you will love this.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20 (488 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

As this relates to GTA/RDR you guys may also like this:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Grand-Theft-Auto/Open-World-Saturdays-GTA-IV-Event/m-p/156661...

Flying High!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20 (482 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

hated it

just did not get into it at all and sold it soon after purchase

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20 (467 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

One of the better games I've played, took some time to get into it but it has a great story and the DLC is like a new game.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20 (454 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I loved it. Trotting across the desert while the sun sets was amazing. There are some missions that a lot of people don't like, herding cows was the main type of thing but they didn't bother me personally.

There are lots of funny little things that really make the game as well. Some of the strangers you meet are a little, well strange and you get a few "what the hell??" moments that made me laugh.
For some reason a moment that sticks with me is when I was riding in mexico, some bloke was shouting at his mule and kicking it. I took pity on it so attempted to steal it and the bloke shot me :Lol:
I thought this was hilarious.

Only downside for me was I had to shut the dogs away when playing it because the wolves and cyotees made them go a bit mad and bark at the tv
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20 (453 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

I thought it was a great game. I didn't play online until i'd finished the story mode, thinking that it would be something that would only hold my interest for a few hours.

As soon as i started playing the online mode, i enjoyed it even more than the single player story mode. I met pede2010 and had some great fun and good laughs on there with him.

Thanks for that link Wretched_Hawk, that looks like alot of fun. I'll just have to see if my bluray will play ball and load GTA.

www.alphazone4.co.uk
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 20 (447 Views)
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Yeah we did have some good laughs on there didnt we Lum26.
The online is loads better, especially when you get a few good people on there, it just makes it all that much more fun.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 20 (417 Views)