28 Oct 2010
By OGCFB
Playstation Staff

Undead Nightmare Ending Discussion (spoilers)

10 Replies 23,306 Views Created 28-10-2010

Hi so what do you think about the ending and the events of undead nightmare a few people claim it somehow skips to 1914 yet the game only says a few months later and abigails grave is not there yet so it must stay in 1911 now the question is was it all a dream?

I doubt it because if it was how would John know that he dies in 1911 by ross even though undead nightmare skips that part incase you have not beat the main story but still John having psychic dreams seems a bit far fetched...

Alot of people wonder how he doesn't eat people once he becomes zombified well text appears on the screen telling you why I missed it so looked it up on the pause menu in briefing and found out it was due to some magic water that John loved and now he has the body of a zombie but the soul of a man?

One things for sure though the ending has to be non-cannon as uncle dies at the very beginning but in the main cannon story he dies fighting the army with John so it must be a alt-universe or parrelel version of events so...

What do you guys think?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11 (23,306 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Undead Nightmare Ending Discussion (spoilers)

i think great game rubbish ending
100th post made 10/3/09 @22:44
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11 (23,279 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

The ending is fantastic. Just finished it now and I loved it. :smileyhappy:

However, I wonder what happened to Abigail and Jack after Seth took the mask... Also about the water which has allowed John to have the 'soul of a man'... Was it the Holy Water 'Mother Superior' gave to him or am I missing something?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11 (23,260 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Led to beleive it was that holy water yah also check his items has like a holy cross an stuff, i personally loved the ending...  i was like ook if the game ends safe how will i continue to kill zombies? then it happened again then it did an i was suprised (spoiler White text highlight it > (i thought Jack would come back into it like you play as him again )

But yah i would say its not really based from the main story well it loosely is with a few changes.
(spoilers) lots just quit reading now if you havnt finished.

Because of uncle going out differently i think it was done to throw you abit. Tbh when it first started i thought it was a Dream, Or a Story as Jack was reading that book, an marston kinda zoned out. I personally think uncle died then to make you think it was a dream, But seeing how it ended it wasnt. i see it more like an alternate twist. But if you read the papers at the end of Red Dead you see that Reyes was being over thrown anyway.

So it kinda ties it up, Maybe just after Nastas died is where it is in the story, I think uncle was just done that way to throw people.

Also Abigail is not buried at the end so i am thinking, It ended before Jack went for revenge? Maybe the second plague is what killed Abigail ? and jack put a stop to it? (Red Dead Redemption 2 here we come!) Just Kidding lols.

All in all we prity much paid 9$ for a whole new game i think it took me 12hours to get 100% which is Great for a dlc of that price and im still going to play it i love it.

Beats any DLC i have seen this year, which has mostly just been 2 or 3 maps and costumes... I think companies need to learn from rockstar they really know value to the people Before there was DLC maps use to be patched into games freely have to think about that x)

Wow long rant i couldnt stop typing.... u,u x0

Bye bye Blackbird.My Twitter^_^

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11 (23,252 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Broly i definitely agree with what you say about Rockstar delivering value for money you always get hours and hours of single player.

I remember their previous titles like GTA 3/VICE San andreas Canis Canem Manhunt and Red Dead Revolver you always get your monies worth and hours of entertainment.

Even this DLC took me around 17 hours to 100% i didn't use a guide really enjoyed roaming for stuff well worth £7.99 and there's still multiplayer.

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11 (23,247 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Way I see it, Abigail and Jack have gone off somewhere away from the frontier (Chicago, New York, whatever) and only return when Jack Buries his mother next to John. So the end period with Zombie John could be set around 1912 or 1913. Giving plenty of time for Zombie John to put the mask back. That and it being an alternative universe.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11 (23,206 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

you all need to remember during the ending it says "John was buried next to his wife and son". it implies that abigal and Jack die within that couple month span.

I really want more closure in an ending with credits, but apperantly searching online 100% just gets you a trophy. I really do like how they did it though, but it most certainly has to be an alternate time line assuming that the plague took out abigal and jack, rather than whatever killed abigal and Jack becoming a man years after in RDR'd storyline, in this story line Jack dies as a growing boy/teen (however old he is suppose to be).

The best was catching each horse, I got so ***** when all the sudden my famine got lost in thieves landing saving that town for the 30th time and was stuck with an undead horse, I searced for 2 hours for Death... gave up and then Mcflarens ranch came under attack so I just quick traveled there and right as I spawned "mythical creature in your area" and boom I caught death, and was happy to see he came with a Blood pact deed so I may summon him whever, then after having fun running over many zombies with him instantly killng them, I unlocked an achievment to kill 1 of each zombies while riding death using deaths powers, you get the blood pact deeds for the other 3 horses which made me very happy.

Death is the most bad-***** of them all though. anyway I gotta get that unicorn, I am still decided wether to finish all the side stuff as a human or as a zombie, as I have a save right before I did the reyes just outta luck. then my zombie john save.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11 (22,841 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Ending was ruined for me because someone told me beforehand what happened, not that I thought it was that great of an ending anyway. I think undead nightmare is non-canon to the main story, it just doesn't make sense with uncle dying like that.

Also, who the hell was that girl? Was she supposed to be a visual representation of his subconscious or something? The things she said were a little creepy.

k photo kz2.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11 (22,775 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I like it, I mean its better thank the original ending.

But I wonder if its the same storyline.

However I do find it intresting that if it is the same storyline,

then that would mean both John and Jack are alive at the

same time, but they are never in the same city, or at least

they never see each other.

It also answers some questions, like what happend to the

Rebel that became President, or what happend to Nigel,

and Seth.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11 (22,469 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Was a great game I thought, weird ending though.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11 (22,300 Views)
0 Kudos