Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Your epic moments in Red Dead Redemption

[ Edited ]
130 Replies 5,022 Views edited 21-05-2010

EPIC MOMENTS!

Howdy fellow Forumers.

I thought I'd make this thread so that we can share our epic moments that have happened in the vast land of the Western Border States.

Whether you killed two people with one bullet in multiplayer, or you and your steed Brian managed to jump 10 meters across a Canyon.

Just post it in this here thread and be sure to keep it spoiler free.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Mkwone

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mkwone
Accepted Solution

A couple of people have talked about people commiting suicides after a (presumed) loved one has died. I've experianced the same apart from instead of shooting themselves, they were drinking and then just fell over and died.

Another time i had a woman come up to me in her nightware. Being the kind sole i was i went up to her but as i approched she ran up and dragged me off my horse and got on. She trotted a few steps as i was aiming my rifle when a cougar jumps up and kills both her and my horse. I shoot it and then get killed by another cougar from behind.

Oh and not rearly an epic moment but something i did was during the cannibal side quest instead of shooting him i lassoed him, but then it said mission over. I didn't feel that was right so i put him on the back of my horse and carried him over to the jail in Armadillo and dropped him off. Nothing happened but i felt better for doing it.

0 Kudos

Re: Your epic moments in Red Dead Redemption

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

acridweasel

• Beta Tester
94%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
acridweasel
Accepted Solution

Completing the Treasure Hunter level 10 challenge last night felt pretty epic - especially knowing I did it through sheer hard work, without referring to any online guides.

Looking at the in-game treasure maps and then making connections with the pause screen map made it feel like I was actually hunting for the treaure, rather than just the usual "go there, get that" type of challenge!

/16

Ste1105

94%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ste1105
Accepted Solution

I had a funny one then, My mate was picking me up for the gym and he walked in my room and I was just finishing up on RDR. He was asking me if it's good etc.

I was like yeah it's great, I walked into armadillo's saloon, into the poker room. The room was empty but there was a horse just standing there. We both looked at eachother before lol'ing

0 Kudos

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
/16

RFC2007

89%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RFC2007
Accepted Solution
my first encounter with a cougar. i was trying for the knife 5 wolves trophy, so i went to change my weapon from shotgun to knife after spotting a wolf, whist i brought up the weapon wheel a cougar pounced right on me snarling away, and i completely sh@t myself, as i had no idea there was one nearby, or even that they existed in the game.

i killed a wolf by staring at it too lol. killed 3 wolves with the knife then the fourth one ran away. i watched it run toward the bottom of a cliff, dead en. i had it caught, and then it just went on its side and died *****!! lol

a side mission where i had to capture 4 criminals. i thought id be nice and bring them back to the sherrif hogtied and alive. one by one i carried them back, and on doing the last one, did the sherrif not go and shoot them all in the head! brilliant.

0 Kudos

/16

Deceasednine

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Deceasednine
Accepted Solution

My most epic moment was when I was on my Horse just roaming the land and protecting the innocent when a Nun came up to me and offered me a gift so I Kindly accepted it and said thank you. Then I decided to put my bandana on and lasso her and take her to the train track and watch her get splattered. And then I got the dastardly trophy

Ahhhh Good times

Now your nightmare comes to life.
http://deceasednine.blogspot.com/
/16

josols

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
josols
Accepted Solution

This was a truly amazing gaming moment for me, I would pay fullprize only to play this moment:

Okay, so I was up for some Bountyhuntin'. I got me a fine stallion from Bonnie for some cattlin' i did and I rode down to the telegraph office in good ol' Armadillo and fetched me a poster. And so the first bountyadventure was about to begin...

After a few minutes of ridin', i slowed down and observed a couple of red dots on my map. Finally some action.. So i shot down a couple of rustlers and lassoed in the main guy, both for reputations sake and, of course, money. I hogtied the guy and put him back on my mighty steed. He was moaning and grumbling as I started the journey back to armadillo. I set up a galloping pace in eagerness of fast earned money and reputation as a true american hero. Just as I was jumping over a stone, the camera suddenly halted a bit, and I was thrown of the horse and took a nosedive of a lifetime. *****? "You useless piece of *****" I said to the horse, but it was dead. Then suddenly a frightnin roar scared the livin' ***** out of me and i turned only to see the two giant fangs of a sabretooth tiger. the captured guy, still on the horseback, moaned and I desperately tried to get out my rifle. I managed to shoot the tiger two times and apparently that was enough so it disappeared. Still in shock of this episode, I picked the badguy up and carried him on foot to Armadillo and delivered him in the sherrif's office, only to realize that the guy was only a henchman and i did not get a single dollar.

Still, what a moment in the wild, wild west...

0 Kudos

/16

Tommy012345

99%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Tommy012345
Accepted Solution

My Horse & Hogtied Bounty on the Back both were stolen By Someone Else!!!

0 Kudos

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
/16

AnthoAsho

91%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AnthoAsho
Accepted Solution
I captured a woman, hogtied her and took her to the railroad tracks.
Dismounted my horse, and awaited the fierce train, to come and give me my trophy.

I was thinking, "Oh this is gonna be good"

Then, at the last minute, I saw my horse. Walking onto the train tracks.
Well, I lost a wh0re and a horse that day.
0 Kudos

MVP
/16

TheNarrator

• MVP
99%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TheNarrator
Accepted Solution
a little blue icon appeared on my map, it was a no-win situation - a woman with what i think was a bag over her head was tied up while two lawmen were aiming at her ready to fire. was an execution! so i blow away both the lawmen (sans bounty). she gets scared and runs off blindly still tied up and not seeing where shes going, screaming all the time.

unfortunatly shes runs over some train tracks just at the exact moment a train speeds over them. SQUISH.

perfect timing xD
0 Kudos

KZAM!
Beta Tester
/16

chrisa3211

• Beta Tester
92%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
chrisa3211
Accepted Solution

AnthoAsho wrote:
I captured a woman, hogtied her and took her to the railroad tracks.
Dismounted my horse, and awaited the fierce train, to come and give me my trophy.

I was thinking, "Oh this is gonna be good"

Then, at the last minute, I saw my horse. Walking onto the train tracks.
Well, I lost a wh0re and a horse that day.

While attempting to get that trophy, my horse twice bounded onto the tracks clearly showing some kind of devotion to the hostage - given that whenever I took my eyes off the hostages they mysteriously disappeared, I figured I was best off not trying to save the horse...

I tried whistling and shooting at it for a good 30 seconds before the train came, but it just sat there before repainting the train tracks :(

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

FuManchu

• Beta Tester
90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FuManchu
Accepted Solution
Not sure if this was pisted before but up in Tall Trees where the snow is before you get to the Aruora Basin. There are 2 men working with TNT I thought about shooting it when I heard on say I'm going for a smoke. I was thinking lol no way is this gonna happen. And no it didn't I watched for ages and nothing. I then proceed to mount my horse and ride away then come the almighty boom and one of the bodies lands about 10 feet infront of me. The little things just make this game. Also can't beat jumping to the train from you horse while being chase by several Marshals and a big ***** posse, come on dare them to try that.
0 Kudos

Smoke.Valor.Exterminate.Raven
/16

Hentis

88%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Hentis
Accepted Solution

FuManchu wrote:
Not sure if this was pisted before but up in Tall Trees where the snow is before you get to the Aruora Basin. There are 2 men working with TNT I thought about shooting it when I heard on say I'm going for a smoke. I was thinking lol no way is this gonna happen. And no it didn't I watched for ages and nothing. I then proceed to mount my horse and ride away then come the almighty boom and one of the bodies lands about 10 feet infront of me. The little things just make this game. Also can't beat jumping to the train from you horse while being chase by several Marshals and a big ***** posse, come on dare them to try that.

Yeah I saw a video of that on You Tube on Sunday, done by some noob ***** American who entitled it mini nuke casue he saw a small mushroom cloud. Dumb ***** yanks... what do they know!!!

Hentis

0 Kudos

/16

JaKeUtd

78%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JaKeUtd
Accepted Solution

I got incredibly drunk in the Armadillo salloon, faceplanted on the Blackjack table and caused quite a stir. It seemed like people were already ready to kill me... So when I eventually got up, I overheard a guy talking about me being a former hired gun and with my short fuse I lasso'd him. Everyone proceeded to pull out guns and circle me, I shot a guy in the chest and another came up from behind. Then out of nowhere I went to shoot him from about 2 inches away and Marston did some crazy execution... He put the Repeater under the guys chin and shot straight up. It was *****ing heroic, I ran outside after that and jumped on my horse; riding off in to the sunset.

0 Kudos

/16

JaKeUtd

78%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JaKeUtd
Accepted Solution

Ha just realised it wasn't a poker table, was just a round table with a load of people sat on it...

0 Kudos

/16

glittoditto

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
glittoditto
Accepted Solution

best random thing i have seen that i thought was pretty WOW... i was exploring random cliffs, when i heard crying, walked up a hill to see an old man kneeling over a dead woman covered in blood cryin and asking why.... he then put his gun to his head and pulled the trigger.............

0 Kudos

VickY xx

psn = glitto_ditto

feel free to add :)
/16

im_gona_kill-_u

39%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
im_gona_kill-_u
Accepted Solution

Last week I was in free roam for the first time and saw 2 other people hunting bears in tall trees. One was standing on a small cliff shooting down and the other guy covering his back. Then suddenly all I heard was one yell 'look out', and then I got to watch one of them get mauled by a bear and almost fly of the end of the cliff screaming on his mic while his friend and I laughed at him and a grizzly fall down a cliff :Lol:

0 Kudos

/16

JaKeUtd

78%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JaKeUtd
Accepted Solution

Playing online in a posse with Americans (from what I reckon could only be 12-15) up in Tall Trees, was hilarious. We were hunting bears and 2 of them had mics. They literally screamed when a bear appeared, eventually I left because the culmination of accents and screams became unbearable. 

0 Kudos

/16

Kiez

98%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kiez
Accepted Solution

JaKeUtd wrote:

Playing online in a posse with Americans (from what I reckon could only be 12-15) up in Tall Trees, was hilarious. We were hunting bears and 2 of them had mics. They literally screamed when a bear appeared, eventually I left because the culmination of accents and screams became unbearable. 

^^ this, I was playing with some americans that sound exactly like you describe them last night. They kept describing some house in the tall trees as the "cougar house".

0 Kudos

/16

im_gona_kill-_u

39%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
im_gona_kill-_u
Accepted Solution

About 5 minutes ago I was out south of blackwater waiting for my horse to run 2 me, then 4-5 wolves run towards me I was gonna dead eye them but while in dead eye I can see a f****** cougar about to maul my back, so I get out of dead eye and turn around, but was 2 late got hit and went falling backwards and tripped over one of the wolves, started getting up and immediately got hit buy the cougar again and fell over a different wolf, when I tried to get back up again they circled me and all bit me at the same time.

0 Kudos

/16

DavetheFo

40%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DavetheFo
Accepted Solution

My RDR 'epic' moments seem to centre around my horses kicking the bucket....

First there was Arthur. We decided to go down a slight incline, however, it was far more steep than I had imagined. I tumbled down with Arthur, praying as I went, and amazingly Arthur landed on his feet whilst I feel off. Maybe I have died, but my brave stallion survived I thought. But no. Arthur then proceeded to fall over and die as Marston got up. Useless horse....

Second was my folly with Rocco. I was riding along and encountered three people shooting at me for some reason. Naturally a flying dismount followed and abit of dead-eye targeting. I painted the targets up and as Marston slow-mo'd his gun towards the first bandito, who should appear in view but Rocco? I held out hope that Marston could shoot quicker than Rocco could run. End result? One dead horse and no dead bad guys....

I still love this game though! (I just need a better horse....)

0 Kudos

[url=http://eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/DavetheFo/] [img]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/DavetheFo.png[/img] [/url]
/16

Kiez

98%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kiez
Accepted Solution
Well, playing free roam with Captain Cortez earlier and the weirdest glitch happened. I was on a bull, and he tried to take me off but that didn't happen because our bodies merged and we were in the same body with two heads :D

Very weird.
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel