27 Jul 2010
Playstation Staff

Insomniac to announce new game on Friday via mailing list

10 Replies 1,205 Views Created 27-07-2010
So yeah if you follow insomniac on twitter you may have noticed that tweet today. I wonder will it be R3? Place your bets

60GB PS3
23-March-2007 to 22-June-2009
"I told you I was sick"

Goodbye old friend we had some great times together.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11 (1,205 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Insomniac to announce new game on Friday via mailing list

spyro the dragon HD!!

Follow gulfy on Twitter
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11 (1,179 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Here's the full statement

It’s been a long road since we launched Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time to your rave reviews last Fall. While we haven’t had any new game content to show you since then, that’s about to change in a big way. And yes, we realize we’re announcing an announcement, and that we announced this newsletter announcement via a Twitter/Facebook announcement earlier this week. We feel a little bad about announcing the announcement of an announcement – but on the other hand, you’re excited and so are we.

With that, we’re happy to reveal that we’ll be announcing our newest game sometime between now and the Penny-Arcade Expo over Labor Day weekend. We’re really excited to finally reveal this project, and we couldn’t resist being the first to share the news with you. Even bigger news is that newsletter subscribers will be the first folks to see the trailer: the instant we announce the game – we’ll be blasting a newsletter with the trailer for you to view at home.  The only way to be the very first to see what we’re cooking up next –
is to be a subscriber of this newsletter –so tell your friends!

We can’t wait to hear what you think – so make sure you head to the forums, or drop us a line on
Facebook or Twitter with your thoughts!

Want to be the first members of the public to see our new game being played with your own eyes? We’re bringing our new game to a very special Penny-Arcade Expo panel on Saturday evening (September 4th), at 6:30pm in the Serpent Theatre. G4TV’s Adam Sessler will moderate a panel with key creative talent from Insomniac Games as we discuss (and demo!) our upcoming PlayStation 3 project.  It’s going to be a really fun session, and you will see things no one else has laid eyes on!

If you’re a fan of the Full Moon Show podcast– you won’t want to miss The Full Moon Show LIVE. Taking place on Sunday, September 5th at 1:30pm in the Unicorn Theatre, we will be bringing you a never-before-seen look into the Insomniac Games’ North Carolina studio. Join Senior Community Manager James Stevenson, NC Studio Director Chad Dezern, and NC Production Director Shaun McCabe as they discuss what it’s like to work at Insomniac’s newest studio. Plus special Mystery Guest and I Want Your Job segments, and plenty of time for your questions!

And if you can’t make it to Seattle for Labor Day weekend – stay tuned to
InsomniacGames.com as we’ll be posting videos in the weeks after so you can catch-up on the proceedings!

Note that they refer to it as their "upcoming Playstation 3 project". It's gotta be R3 :smileyvery-happy: 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11 (1,138 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

"couldn't RESIST being the first to share the news with you"

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11 (1,084 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Do we know yet ?
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11 (917 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

All we are getting are announcements of announcements!!!

All we are getting are announcements of announcements!!!

60GB PS3
"I told you I was sick"

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11 (902 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: All we are getting are announcements of announcements!!!

i think we all know its resistance 3
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11 (849 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

topperharley83 wrote:
So yeah if you follow insomniac on twitter you may have noticed that tweet today. I wonder will it be R3? Place your bets

Funny you should mention that, as I have a bet going with kinggizmo (who runs Monday Monster Mash) that R3 will be announced at Gamescom. The loser owes the winner a drink! :smileytongue:

He seems to think it won't be announced, but I'm convinced it will. Fingers crossed for free beer (^_^)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11 (839 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

free beer well done

60GB PS3
"I told you I was sick"

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (785 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

topperharley83 wrote:
free beer well done

Lol thank you! :Lol:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11 (777 Views)
0 Kudos