Level 2

Playstation Staff

Re: Resistance 3 ending (SPOILERS)

To answer the question "what was on the other side of the wormhole?"

It was cybertron of course!

As for the game the most outstanding moment for me was on the trail watching the wild widomakers stampeed across the plains. What a beautiful moment and it looked great too. 

Other stand out moment was escaping the prison and having to kill other humans. This part of the story shouts brilliance as as a race on the brink of defeat/extinction a man must kill other men in order for him to continue his journey. The desparation of capelli in this part of the game was extremely evident. Great great moment.

For the ending yeah someone must have been "oh no, we are running out of time. Lets scrap the final boss section and add in a R1 style ending and lets have the terra former amazingly crash right into the main tower to end it all and call it a victory for capelli." 

My god what a shambles R3 ending was and don't get me started on the multiplayer.

From a Resistance Fanboy.

Currently playing R2

http://www.insomniacgames.com/loadout/image.php?1=weezereire&2=Can%20you%20hear%20them?&3=carbine&4=shrapnel&5=ammo&6=dash&7=bandolier&8=strapped
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13 (986 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

to me it seemed like R3 didnt really go that far into the whole Chimera story (or backstory), unlike R1 and R2 which were more about what they were doing, the whole grand scheme of things, etc. R3 was just about Joe and his family. which is really obvious when you get to Graterford as its a whole level with human enemies (and less Chimera).

got the feeling from R3 that nothing was really going to have that much of an affect on the whole war itself, its was just about saving this dudes family. the only thing that did seem to have an affect was the ending. so in that sense it wasnt really disppointing for me, as the rest of the game wasnt really about anything world-changing.

interested to know more about these other creatures that may have taken out the Chimera the first time though :smileysurprised:. as for the actual game, it was great fun :smileyvery-happy:.
KillzoneAM!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13 (963 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

It just seemed a little silly (yes I am just finishing now. . how DARE my 3 year old child take precedance over gaming! The nerve!) . . .

It was like, "Congrats for beating the Chimera . .we now return you to your 1950's life already in progress! Any resemblence to the Locust from Gears of War is purely coincedental!"

"Gee Dad!! What was it like?

Well we killed a bunch of freaks then went back to the bar and had an ice cold Schlitz!"

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13 (789 Views)
0 Kudos