18 Dec 2011
Playstation Staff

"Resistance 4 will be made by a different developer" Why!?

13 Replies 1,193 Views Created 18-12-2011

I've been reading a lot of rumours on the Internet about how Insomniac will be giving up the Resistance franchise :'( . Can someone explain why or convince me it's false information?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14 (1,193 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: "Resistance 4 will be made by a different developer" Why!?

Wade1345 wrote:

I've been reading a lot of rumours on the Internet about how Insomniac will be giving up the Resistance franchise :'( . Can someone explain why or convince me it's false information?

I hope it's more than a rumour the franchise has got a little worse each time and All for One was very poor.

deadleaves
60gb
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14 (1,183 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Wade1345 wrote:

Might not be a bad idea to have some one else look after it and instead of calling it Resistance 4 they  should call it Resistance 3 revisited and make a proper game this time that actually adds to the story.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14 (1,164 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

super_monty wrote:

Wade1345 wrote:

I hope it's more than a rumour the franchise has got a little worse each time and All for One was very poor.

Umm, All For One wasn't a Resistance game...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14 (1,094 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14 (1,050 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

R3 sold so bad there might not even BE a R4.

....Sony should put R3 on PSN for £20 and maybe they could recoup some of their losses. *shrug*
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14 (1,031 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I think R3 sold so badly for a few reasons, mainly due to how badly R2 was received, and then due to the long gap between R3. I reckon the change in lead character and Move integration also put people off.

Multiplayer & the ending aside, R3 was definitely better than R2, but I think it was too late for them to get the series back on track. Such a shame, because R:FoM is an all time classic, and still one of my favourite games ever.

Fingers crossed that another developer picks the Resistance Series up, there are SO MANY LOOSE ENDS that need tying up!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14 (1,027 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14 (1,020 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Yeah R2 is the reason i hear most about why ppl ignored R3, but i think another big factor is timing. R3 probably came out too close to MW & BF..... hel even the fact that Killzon3 came out earlier in the year probly had an impact.

If R3 had come out say, now, or Feb when its got much more space i think it wuld done much better. So i think Sony's typically lame marketing dept gotta take most of the blame, even if Insomniac messed up so bad with R2.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14 (1,015 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

btw, that message from Ted Price is damage control. ....another big factor for them quitting R3 is that they no longer want to dev exclusivly for sony. They're pretty much open about wanting to be a muliplat dev now, so R3 bombing is a great excuse.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14 (1,012 Views)
0 Kudos