89%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Patch 1.03 update

33 Replies 574 Views Created 17-09-2011

Looks like this new patch won't be arriving till next week.

Link

0 Kudos
LABELS:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

LesTom1

79%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LesTom1
Accepted Solution

OK so they've sorted the lag/frame rates, but they seriously need to fix the matchmaking side of things. Some matches are ridulous where you are pitched into matches with players 20-25 levels above you. It's frustrating as you know this has the potential to be a top MP experience. 

0 Kudos

Re: Patch 1.03 update

/16

Wrathchild68

89%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wrathchild68
Accepted Solution

I think after tonight this is going to be a trade-in. They seem to have fixed about 70% of the framerate problems but if I get into a room with about 5-6 people in, the game comes to a stuttering halt. You can't even react quick enough because of it.

The match making is up the proverbial creak without a paddle. I'm being put into games with Americans which makes me lag like mad. Why we can't pick our region like KZ3 I don't know. At the moment I'm level 11 but I'm being put into games with people who are level 40+ and because they have the better weapons and perks I can't compete. I wouldn't mind being killed if it was by somebody closer to my level but the way it is now it's become unplayable.

Shame really because I really wanted to like this game and for it to succeed but at the moment it's a mess. Even the dreaded COD games run better than this.

0 Kudos

Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!
/16

RONNYNS

92%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RONNYNS
Accepted Solution
...and the people with 40+ or more, have been playing all the time. when most of you here have been here and complain about it... so i guess someone out there dont mind the lag??, you would think they wouldn't bother playing this game for hours when it is like it is... anyway i have tried the mp for some time now and i am not happy with it either. but i am most disappointed with the co-op, why the hell didnt they make it a drop in and drop out matchmaking or something. instead you are now depended on someone on your friendlist to even have a go at the co-op... jesus. i expect more from a ps3 exclusive TOP TITLE, they should be ashamed.
0 Kudos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My PS3 career don't end in November 2013... Trey for life!
----
>>REMEMBER TO GIVE KUDOS IF YOU LIKE>>> Thumb up!
----

/16

Wrathchild68

89%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wrathchild68
Accepted Solution

RONNYNS wrote:
...and the people with 40+ or more, have been playing all the time. when most of you here have been here and complain about it... so i guess someone out there dont mind the lag??, you would think they wouldn't bother playing this game for hours when it is like it is... anyway i have tried the mp for some time now and i am not happy with it either. but i am most disappointed with the co-op, why the hell didnt they make it a drop in and drop out matchmaking or something. instead you are now depended on someone on your friendlist to even have a go at the co-op... jesus. i expect more from a ps3 exclusive TOP TITLE, they should be ashamed.

I can't see how people can level up to 40+ and think the game is ok. I can only stand about 5 minutes on it then the disc is out and back in the case.

0 Kudos

/16

Wrathchild68

89%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wrathchild68
Accepted Solution

Sorry for double post but for some reason I can't edit my previous one!

Just posted on the My Resistance forums along with others and we have all been called a bunch of moaning minnies by a moderator!

Now i know why somebody on here was complaining about his treatment.

My Resistance

0 Kudos

/16

super_monty

90%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
super_monty
Accepted Solution

Wrathchild68 wrote:

Sorry for double post but for some reason I can't edit my previous one!

Just posted on the My Resistance forums along with others and we have all been called a bunch of moaning minnies by a moderator!

Now i know why somebody on here was complaining about his treatment.

My Resistance

Just read that thread that's not a professional response by the mods and surely not the attitude the company wants to portray.

0 Kudos

deadleaves
60gb
Beta Tester
/16

Yaster

• Beta Tester
93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Yaster
Accepted Solution
I may be wrong, but I think the mods on the My Resistance forums MAY be volunteers. They MAY be.

Here and on the official US forums, the moderators do the role as their jobs (along with other things). Sure if James Stevenson or Marcus Smith were to go on there and accuse Wraith of being a moaning minnie then that would be bad but it seems that their moderators can tell it like it is.

I envy them sometimes tbh :P
0 Kudos

yaster's Streambadge
Award Winner
/16

nerdlegend

• Award Winner
96%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
nerdlegend
Accepted Solution
Depends what you mean.........by framerate issues
Framerate issues online.........i have a strange feeling it like bops. Where the game is rubber banding creating frame rate issues if that makes sense.
This could be down to being put into high ping lobbies and the game then trying counter it.
Of course removing the rubber banding not the way to fix this. It only makes the problem worse.

I don't have the game just saying.
Problem is when people say a game is bad and fails to explain why it does not help a dev or anybody.
Try to look at the root of the problem and how it effects the game.
0 Kudos

Photobucket
/16

Wrathchild68

89%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wrathchild68
Accepted Solution

Yaster wrote:
I may be wrong, but I think the mods on the My Resistance forums MAY be volunteers. They MAY be.

Here and on the official US forums, the moderators do the role as their jobs (along with other things). Sure if James Stevenson or Marcus Smith were to go on there and accuse Wraith of being a moaning minnie then that would be bad but it seems that their moderators can tell it like it is.

I think they are volunteers on those forums but on the official Insomniac forums they are the developers, following one on twitter at the moment.

@Nerdlegend, I've given up on this game now. Far to many problems with it, framerates, match making etc. Loaded up BC2 last night and played for nearly 3 hours with only one disconnection, no lag or anything and this is old now.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

/16

Ew_Tux

96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ew_Tux
Accepted Solution

Yaster wrote:

Regardless, they are the first port of call for consumers and in that way betray how the company is seen. I for one would not stand for it and neither for the comment that was made afterwards by another mod "at the end you'll have a working game"

We shouldn't have a working game at end, we should have it at the beginning and i don't see how this being an exclusive Sony is letting it slide.
Whatever may come, personally I have made up my mind and will leave the Resistance community for what it is and return the game to be replace with another.

Unfortunately this is not the last game that will have this as long as these developers get away with it.  

0 Kudos

/16

Wrathchild68

89%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wrathchild68
Accepted Solution

Ew_Tux wrote:

Yaster wrote:

Regardless, they are the first port of call for consumers and in that way betray how the company is seen. I for one would not stand for it and neither for the comment that was made afterwards by another mod "at the end you'll have a working game"

We shouldn't have a working game at end, we should have it at the beginning and i don't see how this being an exclusive Sony is letting it slide.
Whatever may come, personally I have made up my mind and will leave the Resistance community for what it is and return the game to be replace with another.

Unfortunately this is not the last game that will have this as long as these developers get away with it.  

Their attitude pretty much stinks and they're probably Resistance fanboys. Just made my last post on those forums and will probably end up getting banned from them. :Lol:

My Resistance

I'm like you and have made my mind up to not bother with them anymore.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

/16

super_monty

90%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
super_monty
Accepted Solution

I am still having a love hate relationship with this game it shows signs of excellence.

I love the feeling of the shooting mechanics, it's better than most games and an improvement over R2, I found R2 really lacked fun after a while, where as R3 is up close and personal.

It is more like COD but in a better way, but I still get frustrated with it's many problems yesterday I played all morning and encountered these problems:

1) Lots of lag 

2) Still issues with approx 3 or more things on screen

3) Game of breach started and finished with 7 on one side 4 on the other, on the side with 4 the highest rank was 27 on the other side the lowest was 42 (the out come of the game was obvious).

4) A death match started with 8 on one side and one on the other.

5) Twice being put in to unfinished games on the losing side only for the lobby to close at the end of the game.

6) Encountered people half in walls

I use a mic and the number of people who have just bought it and are unhappy with the online side of the the game is clear.

Gears of war 3 arrived yesterday, it's incredible I also have Child of Eden for the PS3 coming at the end of the month, then Battlefield.

I might as well give up and trade this in now most of my other friends have, I can get £30 for it atm, which is a shame really, I thought it would be a keeper.

I will be much more wary about IG games in the future, especially with online passes which will kill this game.

0 Kudos

deadleaves
60gb
/16

Cloudedpaul

99%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cloudedpaul
Accepted Solution

Yaster wrote:

they said the mods on the playstation boards arent human, are you just gunna take that?
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel