on 22-07-2012 12:42 AM
im new to this game, my little brother asked me play it, i am and im findin it really hard and was wondering if any1 could give me a few tips on how to make it easier, good strategys to do with fighting, any items i can find that will make it easier, any help would be appreciated.
22-07-2012 07:22 AM - edited 22-07-2012 07:24 AM
Hi there, really glad to see people getting into demons souls its great! As for tips I think there are a few essential things you must do inorder to survive.
1) take your time! There is no rush and rushing will only get you killed.
2) Battle on your terms, always back up so that you and what ever the enemy is are always fighting somewhere you have plenty of space to avoid them.
3) use your shield, if you are a melee char it is very important, to start with i just walked with it up always.
4) do world 4-1 and get the A Crescent Falchion +1 (very easy to get with a suicide run) it will help alot while you get used to the game.
5) If you can play it offline so that you can shift the world tendancy in your favour and thus making the game a little easier. Read here if you want to know more about this.
6) Use you points to lvl wisely! read on the wiki for some great builds that really do make the game very easy. Endurance is probably your most important stat to start with.
That is all I can think of atm there is plenty more but its a little hard to do a general how to without know exactly what is causin you the trouble
Well if you have any more questions just ask.
Edit: added something.
on 22-07-2012 09:54 AM
cheers for all that, i really appreciate it, ive got that waepon, my little brother showed me how to get it, ive just not a clue what order im supposed to do the worlds in and when im supposed to carry on in 1 area, like after the 1st boss, when do i carry on through that area after beatin him and how do i know which world to go to, sorry i know im thick at this. never ever played it before.
on 22-07-2012 10:16 AM
on 25-07-2012 11:44 AM
Everything MoltenArmour said, plus I would add that equipment is probably more important than stats... Farm ores, try out a load of different weapons (as they all play differently) to find one you like, then pump ores into it's upgrades. There is a basic blacksmith in the Nexus, or a more advanced one in...2-1? 2-2? I forget. 2-1 I think. 2-1 (if it's there) is also a great place to farm low grade ores.
Also, keep a very careful eye out for crystal geckos (or use a guide). These will run away from you, and if they get away will only respawn if you have killed a boss or start a new game. They have generally better ores, or ores you can only get from them.
Also, although it might seem like a good idea to tank up and wear loads of massive armour, it's generally not. Being able to move fast is a much better defence. You are invincible for a small time when you roll - learn to exploit that. Your roll will get really slow if your equipped weight exceeds 1/2 your maximum rate.
For the latest news and updates on what is happening in the PlayStation community, head over to our Announcements & Events forum. To post a message, you will need to Sign In to the Forums using your PLAYSTATION®Network Sign In ID and password. If you do not yet have a PSN account, just click here to register.
Dishonored launch trailer
Ni No Kuni launch trailer
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen trailer
Website ©2013 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
All content, game titles, trade names and/or trade dress, trademarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks and/or copyright material of their respective owners. All rights reserved. [more info]