Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Mass Effect 3 makes baby jesus cry.

OmegaPyrate wrote:

You caused a spatial distortion with spoiler tags by not liking ME3!  SEE WHAT YOU'VE DONE!?  :smileyvery-happy:

Seriously though.  Most of what you're pointing out their is basically the (admittedly ludicrous) ending.  And in that, I agree with you somewhat- I don't hate it or anything, but it was nothing like I was hopiing or expecting for......  There's actually a petition on the go to get it changed, believe it or not.  :smileyvery-happy:

My problem with it is that, its full of plot holes

Spoiler

1. When you destroy a Mass relay, it destroys the solar system its in, as seen in Arrival dlc, if you destroy them all you effectively wipe out all life in the galaxy, no matter what end you choose this happens.

2. How did your team mates get back on the Normandy?

3. Why was joker flying away from the battle?

4. None of the questions I had about the reapers were answered.

5. and finally in a game that advertises that, your choices has consequences you never find out what happens after you choose your ending, you just get some coffin dodger telling you a story.

XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG BLEARYSTEVEEIRE

STEAM ID: BLEARYSTEVE
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 53 (365 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Now this is intresting.....

Maybe that leak during development is partly responsible?  I remember reading a while back that Bioware may be altering the story because of it.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 53 (355 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

It would be nice, in other news some filed a complaint with the FTC in America about mass effect 3

XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG BLEARYSTEVEEIRE

STEAM ID: BLEARYSTEVE
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 53 (352 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

OmegaPyrate wrote:

Now this is intresting.....

Maybe that leak during development is partly responsible?  I remember reading a while back that Bioware may be altering the story because of it.

That was confirmed false unfortunately.

EDIT: Not the online pack. That is almost certainly true. The name of a DLC called "The Truth" which would change the ending is false.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 53 (351 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

There has been an update to that 'discussion on the endings'

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/03/16/bioware-to-discuss-mass-effect-3-endings.aspx

See the highlighted part for the gist of things in this quote

"[Update] Mass Effect 3 executive producer Casey Hudson has issued the following statement on Mass Effect 3's endings:

There’s been a lot of discussion and debate about the conclusion of Mass Effect 3, so I thought I’d share my perspective with you here. I’ll avoid outright spoilers, but I’d still recommend finishing the game and experiencing it for yourself before reading this.

For the last eight years, Mass Effect has been a labor of love for our team; love for the characters we’ve created, for the medium of video games, and for the fans that have supported us. For us and for you, Mass Effect 3 had to live up to a lot of expectations, not only for a great gaming experience, but for a resolution to the countless storylines and decisions you’ve made as a player since the journey began in 2007. So we designed Mass Effect 3 to be a series of endings to key plots and storylines, each culminating in scenes that show you the consequences of your actions. You then carry the knowledge of these consequences with you as you complete the final moments of your journey.

We always intended that the scale of the conflict and the underlying theme of sacrifice would lead to a bittersweet ending—to do otherwise would betray the agonizing decisions Shepard had to make along the way. Still, we wanted to give players the chance to experience an inspiring and uplifting ending; in a story where you face a hopeless struggle for basic survival, we see the final moments and imagery as offering victory and hope in the context of sacrifice and reflection.

We've had some incredibly positive reactions to Mass Effect 3, from the New York Times declaring it “a gripping, coherent triumph”, to Penny Arcade calling it “an amazing accomplishment”, to emails and tweets from players who have given us the most profound words of appreciation we've ever received.

But we also recognize that some of our most passionate fans needed more closure, more answers, and more time to say goodbye to their stories—and these comments are equally valid. Player feedback such as this has always been an essential ingredient in the development of the series.

I am extremely proud of what this team has accomplished, from the first art concepts for the Mass Effect universe to the final moments of Mass Effect 3. But we didn't do it on our own. Over the course of the series, Mass Effect has been a shared experience between the development team and our fans—not just a shared experience in playing the games, but in designing and developing them. An outpouring of love for Garrus and Tali led to their inclusion as love interests in Mass Effect 2. A request for deeper RPG systems led to key design changes in Mass Effect 3. Your feedback has always mattered. Mass Effect is a collaboration between developers and players, and we continue to listen.

So where do we go from here? Throughout the next year, we will support Mass Effect 3 by working on new content. And we’ll keep listening, because your insights and constructive feedback will help determine what that content should be. This is not the last you’ll hear of Commander Shepard.

We look forward to your continued support and involvement as we work together to shape the remaining experiences in the story of the Mass Effect trilogy.

Thanks for taking this journey with us.

Casey Hudson"

so,if this was planned(the highlighted part)...was it really planned to let everyone know so soon?,or has the criticism got that much?

FF14:ARR-Mancunian Metal

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 53 (338 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Theres a few fan based discussion on the net, suggesting something called indoctrinated theory. Which basically says that the last part of the game was all a dream, or that the reapers had managed to indoctrinate you into believing that not destroying them was the right thing to do. Theres a few sites with pictures and points pointing towards this being true.

The only problem i have with this theory is that i cant help but think that if it gets enough support that Bioware are going to announce it to be true, even if not the case. Just to keep the fans happy.

And when someone says something like -

Throughout the next year, we will support Mass Effect 3 by working on new content. And we’ll keep listening, because your insights and constructive feedback will help determine what that content should be

I cant help but think that bioware havent a clue how to finish the series off and will just end up creating new DLC by stealing the most popular fan ideas.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 53 (302 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

here you go Yrag86

I love these videos,they really changed everything i was thinking about the end of ME3

If Bioware did mean these,then i have to hand it to them for sticking to it,however i still think Bioware could of done more,instead of creating their own chaos on the net

so,this first video will give you the jist of things,its 3 minutes long

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ7bsIpEKIg

and this second video is 20 minutes long and goes into more detail,going right through the 3 games,it really is quite good the theory,which isn't new i might add as Yrag mentioned,but seeing it all come together is pretty cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ythY_GkEBck

especially check around 7:30-7:50ish...i definitely did not notice that,as i don't think i turned around after i got hit by the red beam and then stumbling towards the light,LOL

please take the time to watch these videos,they are really good

I love the scene from Arrival DLC for ME2,because i was thinking the very same thing at the time,but forgot all about it

even if this is just some fluke and this is not actually Bioware's intention,this is the meaning of the end for my game from now on anyway :smileyhappy:

FF14:ARR-Mancunian Metal

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 53 (278 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I guess my biggest problems with the ending are the fact that every ending is basically the same. They just chance the colour of the beam.

And also how the choices from the first 2 games really make no difference what so ever. I guess the reason for this is they wanted people who hadnt played either of the previous games to be able to get all the endings as well.

I think the better way to do this would of been to give everyone a questionaire at the start if you hadnt played either of the previous games, Then a bit of a catch up video showing the choices you had made. Rather than just giving you a default set of choices. That way people who had never played the first 2 would of still been able to change the way the game played out. And they could of given you a much wider selection of endings. They could of even given you a ending within the first hour of the game if you had made nothing but poor choices.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 53 (270 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

metallicorphan wrote:

here you go Yrag86

I love these videos,they really changed everything i was thinking about the end of ME3

If Bioware did mean these,then i have to hand it to them for sticking to it,however i still think Bioware could of done more,instead of creating their own chaos on the net

so,this first video will give you the jist of things,its 3 minutes long

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ7bsIpEKIg

and this second video is 20 minutes long and goes into more detail,going right through the 3 games,it really is quite good the theory,which isn't new i might add as Yrag mentioned,but seeing it all come together is pretty cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ythY_GkEBck

especially check around 7:30-7:50ish...i definitely did not notice that,as i don't think i turned around after i got hit by the red beam and then stumbling towards the light,LOL

please take the time to watch these videos,they are really good

I love the scene from Arrival DLC for ME2,because i was thinking the very same thing at the time,but forgot all about it

even if this is just some fluke and this is not actually Bioware's intention,this is the meaning of the end for my game from now on anyway :smileyhappy:

I've said it before but it is. The Mass Effect 3: The Final Hours app states that they originally were going to go with Shepard being indoctrinated or fighting indoctrination but they abandoned it after not figuring out a way for it to work. It's simply fans over-thinking and over-analysing the game unfortunately, clinging onto something to justify the ending as unfortunate as I find that.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 53 (252 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Maybe the simple answer is they just wanted to put a big full stop on the 'Shepard' story of Mass Effect- that way when they inevitably make another game in the universe, they won't have to worry about details carrying over.  Fresh start, story, characters etc......

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 53 (248 Views)
0 Kudos