Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Mass Effect 3 makes baby jesus cry.

Solid_Snake12345 wrote:

metallicorphan wrote:

here you go Yrag86

I love these videos,they really changed everything i was thinking about the end of ME3

If Bioware did mean these,then i have to hand it to them for sticking to it,however i still think Bioware could of done more,instead of creating their own chaos on the net

so,this first video will give you the jist of things,its 3 minutes long

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ7bsIpEKIg

and this second video is 20 minutes long and goes into more detail,going right through the 3 games,it really is quite good the theory,which isn't new i might add as Yrag mentioned,but seeing it all come together is pretty cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ythY_GkEBck

especially check around 7:30-7:50ish...i definitely did not notice that,as i don't think i turned around after i got hit by the red beam and then stumbling towards the light,LOL

please take the time to watch these videos,they are really good

I love the scene from Arrival DLC for ME2,because i was thinking the very same thing at the time,but forgot all about it

even if this is just some fluke and this is not actually Bioware's intention,this is the meaning of the end for my game from now on anyway :smileyhappy:

I've said it before but it is. The Mass Effect 3: The Final Hours app states that they originally were going to go with Shepard being indoctrinated or fighting indoctrination but they abandoned it after not figuring out a way for it to work. It's simply fans over-thinking and over-analysing the game unfortunately, clinging onto something to justify the ending as unfortunate as I find that.

while i don't doubt you...i would still like to know that part when he is talking to Anderson and TIM,and he starts getting headaches and black swirls of smoke come into the screen,he is at least fighting indoctrination

and like i said,it doesn't matter.that's my end now

I know that Bioware are redoing the ending as they announced today,but i would actually like them to explain the ending they have now,make us understand what it all means,maybe we can see things differently...but it seems Bioware haven't got a friggin' clue either,they just wnated an ending that people will talk about...wheyhey well done idiots,you got your ending

FF14:ARR-Mancunian Metal

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 53 (288 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

OmegaPyrate wrote:

Maybe the simple answer is they just wanted to put a big full stop on the 'Shepard' story of Mass Effect- that way when they inevitably make another game in the universe, they won't have to worry about details carrying over.  Fresh start, story, characters etc......

Ive got no real problem with Shepard dieing,

Him dieing is probably the only part of the ending im happy with. Cause i at least know what happened to him. Unlike the rest of my crew.

But yeah as endings go, it wasnt too bad. Not as bad as what people have made it out to be anyway. And if this was a one off game i would be more than happy with it.

But as i said in my earlier post, the ending itself isnt the problem. The problem is that to allow people who havent played the previous games still get the perfect ending, bioware have made it so none of your choices make any real difference to the game.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 53 (275 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 53 (273 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

DUKE_FOOKEM wrote:

Finished the game after getting way early on me 360 ignore the reviews its terrible. EA have killed the game massive plot holes which don't have any relevance to what happened in the previous two games. Awful storytelling entirely predictable, dumbed down everything and possibly the worst ending to a game ever. Plays more like Gears of War than Mass Effect. Mass effect 1 was awesome number 2 was still good but 3 is awful :smileysad:

im the complete opposite this game has become one of the ebst games i've ever played on my ps3 i played a little of number 2 and hated it so much i couldnt even get to half way before getting rid of it lol

EDIT: is this an open ended game? like more than one ending to find? and does some of your decisions during discussions have an actual affect later on? and also if i did the bare minimum and just went straight for the end and not working to get extra fleets does it have any affect on the final battle?

PSN: seany_boy2k8
Xbox tag: Seany_Blitz
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 53 (242 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Yrag86 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG4EyfXOTJ4&feature=player_embedded

OK, now im happy with the ending.

XD  The irony is, that' almost  exactly what I had in mind the ending would be like..... minus the silly music and such, obviously.  Maybe a solemn voice-over by Hackett telling us what happened to everyone after the fighting, with a few nostalgic  clips from all the games....... 

Shame.  :smileysad: 

And LOL @ Jacob.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 53 (232 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

anyone played insanity mode yet?

XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG BLEARYSTEVEEIRE

STEAM ID: BLEARYSTEVE
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 53 (211 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Bioware have been sent 402 cupcakes

134 Green Cupcakes Labelled A
134 Blue Cupcakes Labelled B
134 Red Cupcakes Labelled C

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/03/27/someone-sent-bioware-400-cupcakes.aspx

"A user on the BioWare forums quickly organized a donation pool of over $1,000 and made a massive order of approximately 402 cupcakes from a local bakery near BioWare's Edmonton studio. "As fans, we want Bioware to do right by us, and fix the endings for Mass Effect 3. But we also want to let Bioware know, that we trust them, and have faith in them."

"The cupcakes are colored Red, Blue and Green and labeled A, B or C as a dig at executive produce Casey Hudson's statements where he said, “It’s not even in any way like the traditional game endings, where you can say how many endings there are or whether you got ending A, B, or C…The endings have a lot more sophistication and variety in them.”

FF14:ARR-Mancunian Metal

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 53 (199 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

XD  Was going to post that.......

I bet Casey's sitting there in his office right now with chocolate smeared all over his face, thinking to himself- "I KNEW it was the right decision!"  :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 53 (195 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I have no problems with any of the endings or the one i chose, leaves them open ended and i though some of the decisions were thought provoking. haters gonna hate though....
Oldies can still be goldies
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 53 (172 Views)
Level 7

Playstation Staff

I didnt mind the single player nor the endings. Granted there were a few things i would of loved to of found out after all we went through to accomplish these certin tasks

But the multiplayer is giving me all kinds if hell :Argh: it has taken me over an hour to get a game going then i get booted and bad lag. Yeah way to go EA and Bioware way to make a multiplayer game :smileyindifferent: bloody fail on their part and i know full well they wont do a thing to fix it.... all they care about is the $$$ they line their pockets with

photo Signature_zpsc792b269.jpg
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 53 (140 Views)
0 Kudos