05 Aug 2007

Playstation Staff

Okami

47 Replies 1,494 Views Created 05-08-2007
When the Ps3 was announce I compiled a list of the last two games I would get for the ps2. The top two were Shadow of the Colossus and Okami. I chose them for their uniqueness and departures from the norms set in games for the ps2 since its inception. I got SotC when it came out and yesterday I got Okami.

Its amazing, I absolutely love it. Its just so Japanese its fantastic. What do you all think of the game.

Just thought Id start a ball rolling on a new post of an old topic probably done to death.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 48 (1,494 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Okami

Actually this topic hasn't been done to death because Okami isn't an RPG it's Action/Adventure but since you've already posted there is nowt we can do.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 48 (1,494 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Oh hush Domino...It has RPG elements in it...it's allowed.
Anyway, I love this game to bits!
Currently on my way through it about 30 hours in. Stuck on this damn Blockade thing on Oni Island. :Mad:
But yeah, it really is a beautiful game, magnificent is extremely fun.
Don't forget to fish!
Fishing is awesome.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 48 (1,494 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Action/Adventure/RPG............I guess. :Lol: It's certainly worthy of being called an RPG, anyway. One of the best games ever made IMO. And it lasts so long, even without sidequests. I thought it'd be one of those 10-hour-adventures, but the main story took me over 30 hours (Beat that, SotC :smileytongue: ) And the story is great...... had me welling up and feeling all warm inside more than once.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 48 (1,494 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Okami is great! I completed it but still playing. Woeful it's not a full RPG.:smileysad: I love Okami, it has great gameplay and sound.:Love:
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 48 (1,494 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

One of the best adventure games I've ever played. I remember I always enjoyed riding Epona through the fields of Hyrule, even though it wasn't productive or anything, it was a great experience. Running around in Okami was an even greater experience. Greatness x10, or something like that.

Woeful it's not a full RPG

Why would you care about that? It's a great adventure game, why does it have to be a RPG?It's not as if all other genres are inferior to the RPG genre... :/
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 48 (1,494 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

One of the best adventure games I've ever played. I remember I always enjoyed riding Epona through the fields of Hyrule, even though it wasn't productive or anything, it was a great experience. Running around in Okami was an even greater experience. Greatness x10, or something like that.

Why would you care about that? It's a great adventure game, why does it have to be a RPG?It's not as if all other genres are inferior to the RPG genre... :/

It's better looks in RPG style. IMO.:smileyhappy:
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 48 (1,494 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

'RPG-style'?

Explain :/
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 48 (1,494 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

'RPG-style'?

Explain :/

Try to imagine it in the RPG style.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 48 (1,494 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Ignore Wakka, I sometimes think he's empty in the head. Okami is awesome, though I'm sure you'd get more replies in the PS2 forum.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 48 (1,494 Views)
0 Kudos