Games: Role-Playing Games

Role-Playing Games: General

Role-Playing Games: General

05 Aug 2007
By: [Maximus]

125 Posts

Okami

47 Replies 1472 Views Created 05-08-2007
When the Ps3 was announce I compiled a list of the last two games I would get for the ps2. The top two were Shadow of the Colossus and Okami. I chose them for their uniqueness and departures from the norms set in games for the ps2 since its inception. I got SotC when it came out and yesterday I got Okami.

Its amazing, I absolutely love it. Its just so Japanese its fantastic. What do you all think of the game.

Just thought Id start a ball rolling on a new post of an old topic probably done to death.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 48 (1,472 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Re: Okami

Actually this topic hasn't been done to death because Okami isn't an RPG it's Action/Adventure but since you've already posted there is nowt we can do.

Click to visit my site.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 48 (1,472 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Oh hush Domino...It has RPG elements in it...it's allowed.
Anyway, I love this game to bits!
Currently on my way through it about 30 hours in. Stuck on this damn Blockade thing on Oni Island. :Mad:
But yeah, it really is a beautiful game, magnificent is extremely fun.
Don't forget to fish!
Fishing is awesome.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 48 (1,472 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Action/Adventure/RPG............I guess. :Lol: It's certainly worthy of being called an RPG, anyway. One of the best games ever made IMO. And it lasts so long, even without sidequests. I thought it'd be one of those 10-hour-adventures, but the main story took me over 30 hours (Beat that, SotC :smileytongue: ) And the story is great...... had me welling up and feeling all warm inside more than once.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 48 (1,472 Views)
0 Kudos

Okami is great! I completed it but still playing. Woeful it's not a full RPG.:smileysad: I love Okami, it has great gameplay and sound.:Love:
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 48 (1,472 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

One of the best adventure games I've ever played. I remember I always enjoyed riding Epona through the fields of Hyrule, even though it wasn't productive or anything, it was a great experience. Running around in Okami was an even greater experience. Greatness x10, or something like that.

Woeful it's not a full RPG

Why would you care about that? It's a great adventure game, why does it have to be a RPG?It's not as if all other genres are inferior to the RPG genre... :/
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 48 (1,472 Views)
0 Kudos

One of the best adventure games I've ever played. I remember I always enjoyed riding Epona through the fields of Hyrule, even though it wasn't productive or anything, it was a great experience. Running around in Okami was an even greater experience. Greatness x10, or something like that.

Why would you care about that? It's a great adventure game, why does it have to be a RPG?It's not as if all other genres are inferior to the RPG genre... :/

It's better looks in RPG style. IMO.:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 48 (1,472 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

'RPG-style'?

Explain :/
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 48 (1,472 Views)
0 Kudos

'RPG-style'?

Explain :/

Try to imagine it in the RPG style.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 48 (1,472 Views)
0 Kudos

Ignore Wakka, I sometimes think he's empty in the head. Okami is awesome, though I'm sure you'd get more replies in the PS2 forum.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 48 (1,472 Views)
0 Kudos