Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Pawn Stars

What do knowledge scrolls do? I got one yesterday.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 79 (176 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Mikal_Drey wrote:

Pawns and gifting is a little weird as you can only gift  single item however; when pawns die suddenly they keep everything they had in their inventory.  SOoooooo what ive started doing it upgrading pawns armor and equipment :smileyhappy: 

If anyone needs an item or fancies something a bit higher level for their pawns post requests too.  Ive got a few spare swords lying about now and an oblitorix (mace)  that my pawn wont use.

Pawn owners do get the equipment you put on them without them needing to die (although you can't upgrade equipment on a pawn other than your main pawn). When you remove clothing from a pawn it disappears and goes back to the owner - probably to stop pawn muggings lol.

You don't need to kill the pawn - just go to the rift and release it. You can then re-hire it straight away to get all the tweaks the owner has done since you last hired it.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 79 (174 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

My main pawn is a mage named Tracy. Level 12 i believe at mo, just upgraded some of her gear. Kinda want her to be a DPS healer. Shes finished all the started village and encampent quests...(shes named after my wife, please use and abuse her hahaha)
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 79 (170 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Someone finally used my pawn today and confirmed my suspicion. Most of the time you come back to the game and it tells you your pawn has been off gallivanting it hasn't really. It's just the game giving you mercy items. 

When someone uses your pawn for serious it gives you full details. Which is good for learning who the tight-fists are.

Started again today. My new pawn is called Bear Hanz and he's a tank who will swat all the flies leaving you to concentrate on the sheeyit.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 79 (161 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

InfiniteStates wrote:

You don't need to kill the pawn - just go to the rift and release it. You can then re-hire it straight away to get all the tweaks the owner has done since you last hired it.

should have been a bit clearer. 

Ive been upgrading my pawns knowingly that they get the item gifted. I cant find a way to give multiple items.  I think the ones left in the inventory get gifted.

I havent been killing them but I had a pawn die in the same place multiple times and never returned. Just vanished :/ 

I'll try and release and return but mostly ive been getting pawns 4/5 levels higher than me then releasing when I hit their level.

ps. I used your pawn called "pawn" I couldnt fine your new mage. 

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 79 (157 Views)
Level 10

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Dylan_Martin wrote:

ps. I used your pawn called "pawn" I couldnt fine your new mage. 

I bought an art of metamorphasis and gave her a total make-over - the "pawn" name was from the demo where I just spammed X to get to the game.

She's now called "Infinistacia" and I found her a super-sweet staff yesterday while exploring the ass-end of nowhere (although I haven't had the opportunity to upgrade it yet - currently on my way back to the city, via the Water God's Altar).

She killed a chimera in about 40 seconds (with the rest of us obviously). I also used potions to tweak her behaviour for primary scather and secondary medicinal (so she targets the hardest enemy mainly, then heals).

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 79 (148 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

lol pawns are fun i have a lvl 59 pawn Jack (longsword) does great damage but have him as a protector lots of fun using pawns in this game hopefully they decide to have online added in because it can be 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 79 (138 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

J-Matt- wrote:

...hopefully they decide to have online added in because it can be 

Don't hold your breath :smileysad:

Online is not just something that can be added in or bolted on. It needs to be structured that way from the start, and it is a huge job to get it working.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 79 (133 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I payed good RC for Infinistacia as she's 8 lvls ahead of me. She does SFA for me. Just kinda hangs back with me as I kinda hang back trying to do my archery like a nuisance. She won't attack unless I get into the thick of the action and even then spends so long trying to get a spell together she gets flattened half the time leaving me without a paddle.

I don't want to get into the thick of the action :smileysad:

Probably only becomes of use when everyone's on the same level destroying everything.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 79 (121 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

If you were on my friendlist, she'd be free :smileywink:

I noticed last night that her behaviours had modified which is annoying... I trained her to go for the strongest target first and be healer second, but now she has forgotten the scather behaviour and adopted healing as primary :Argh:

Also, I play as fighter/warrior, so to suddenly expect her to reverse roles is probably asking a bit much :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 79 (113 Views)
0 Kudos