Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Pawn Stars

[ Edited ]

Mikal_Drey wrote:
just as a quick question ..

why does your sorcerer have an affinity/buffing spell ?

Mage (healers)
Sorcerers (offensive)

Magic archer (hybrid)

I cant seem to find an all out aggressive sorcerer. I'd be interested to know why most have buff/healing setups

She has Fire Affinity just to make my attacks more powerful, Upgraded Tornado Attack, Upgraded Ice Attack and A Thunder Attack which stuns are her main things. I can't remember her other skills as I'm not on PS3. She is more offensive than defensive but she looks to give you a buff before going on to attack.

Jamesie_Payne91 Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 41 of 79 (180 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Warrior Pawn now Lvl 40.
Enhanced black matter weapon.
Enhanced griffic armour set.

Name: Victor
Psn: Geldard
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 42 of 79 (148 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Name : Flamy

Target Role : Tank

Lvl: 30

Only been used by other players three times (cause people think shes ugly don't tell her that though) shes a beast tank and a perfect compliment if your a ranger or strider.

Basically she runs in attention whores then swings a giant stick around till stuff dies.

Not so good against mini foes like goblins but tears through people and just about anything else, the only thing she seems unable to distract is a griffin.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 43 of 79 (136 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Find it easier to find pawns by ppl on friends list...feel free to add me and i'll try and check anyone's out.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 44 of 79 (124 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

I changed Infinistacia from mage to warrior last night as I'm switching from frontline vocations to more ballistic ones (magic archer first up). I had to tweak her behaviour (again - curse you dynamic AI), but at the moment she is mixing it up like a trooper. She was the only one out of all my pawns climbing up the hydra...

If you need a meat shield, check her out :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 45 of 79 (119 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

sold :smileyhappy:

I has sasha as my mage so I only used Infinitastica when she was just starting out.

I have noticed that your augmentations carry over so i have been using her as a sorcerer and started a few other vocations purely to get their augmentations.

I like the physical damage buff which should make her a better tank even when I switch her to her mage role.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 46 of 79 (112 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Bear in mind though that when you or your pawn level, the stats appropriate to their vocation are boosted most, so switching from a magic background to a strength based background at a really high level will make for a weak warrior...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 47 of 79 (111 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Im changing my own vocation soon from strider maxed, ranger maxed to start training up mage and sorcerer before going magic archer.

Is it worth it switching up my pawns aswell? (maxed warrior) seeing as they can't use hybrid classes?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 48 of 79 (103 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

InfiniteStates wrote:

Bear in mind though that when you or your pawn level, the stats appropriate to their vocation are boosted most, so switching from a magic background to a strength based background at a really high level will make for a weak warrior...

I'm purely going for augmentations. 

I switch her to a sorcerer and roam for a few hrs till the next vocation rank pops then check whats available.  

I take it from your comment that infinitastica isnt the greaters warrior in all of gransys yet...

I havent really checked what gets increased as you level up as I havent seen any real indications for it.  HP and stamina is about all that Ive seen change.  I wouldnt say with any confidence that Sasha or myself have increrased in skills since capping out the skill tree for our vocations.

even with some augmentations I havent seen much improvement. I have a regeneration augmentation and its so epically slow its pointless. 

Sasha has 45k DP going to waste so i'll play about with her in other roles and see how much affect that has on her mage vocation.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 49 of 79 (100 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

From what I know mage and sorcere both require stamina and strider and and ranger both have nice stamina techniques, also ranger has a technique called morbidity which boosts damage on a target when there affected by non archmage spells so if your using your character mainly as a mage this might be a nice consideration.

From what I have been able to piece together going from a strider/ranger/warrior/fighter late in the game is easy enough because you have large stamina and you can make up for the dif in magic damage by buying expensive staffs.

However if your character was purely mage you got less stamina and significantly less damage if you switch to a physical combat class.

Im eventually going for mage archer with my character but im maxing out mage and sorcerer and I have already maxed out strider and ranger first.

Even though I don't think the range and accuracy boosts apply to mage archer the stamina bonuses and morbidity do.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 50 of 79 (86 Views)
0 Kudos