Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Suikoden I and Suikoden II

Lol, I also found Suikoden in an EB pre-owned bin about 13 years ago. I bought it cos I was well into RPGs and didn't have one for my PS1. I also got Suikoden II when it was actually on shop shelves!!!!

I lost II but still have the first. But it's totally true, these games need to be put on the Playstation Store! Who wants to pay £200 for then and be stuck playing only at home? The problem is as great as these old games are, they haven't aged very well graphically and the modern gamer cannot avoid the obvious downfalls of playing an older game on an HD screen. This is why being able to play them in your hand makes them attractive again.

***** Sony, make it happen!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 39 (1,478 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

That would be freaking great if they put two on the U.S store, then brought it over the Euro one, Im always ALWAYS dissapointed when i see the lack of games we have in the Euro PSN store , its pretty ***** poor aaall the f'ing spyro the dragon stuff and not one suikoden.

Thats why we went 007 created an American account and now we can  get all the games they get in the US...why we all cant just go to this one same shop and all buy the same games (with greater selection) i dono. Mebe sommething to do with overloading servers mebe it has something to do with the flux capaseter, i donno. 

But hell yes i got Suikoden 1 saved on my PS3 and loved playin ever since, however about once every week, more if i hear rumours i ***** onto my yank account to check for Suikoden 2....then get annoyed that theres no 2 just another syphon filter game...*sigh*

Its clear that everybody on Euro PSN is annoyed cos they have less games and poor selection.

Come on PSN guys bring Suikoden here, put 2 on PSN its the best one!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 39 (1,419 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

hi all, i have raised this question with sony myself and they are apparenlty not responsible for the game and where it is released via the psn... konami are the ones.. so i wrote to them, they said they do not discuss game releases.

maybe if enough people complain we will get the same games as our friends across the pond.

there are still some great games out there.. but personally for me the ps is and has always screwed us and im tired off it...  maybe its time to change.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 39 (1,351 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

leonyearwood wrote:

hi all, i have raised this question with sony myself and they are apparenlty not responsible for the game and where it is released via the psn... konami are the ones.. so i wrote to them, they said they do not discuss game releases.

I wrote to Konami myself about 2 years ago, asking for Suikoden 1&2 and Castlevania: SOTN on PSN.

They told me this

Dear customer,

Thank you for your interest in Konami products and for taking the time to send us your feedback.

Feedback and opinions from our players is very important to us in continuing to provide a positive gaming experience, so we will forward your feedback to the proper department.

In other words, nothing. It seems like the European branch of Konami have no interest in taking advantage of the european PSN at all, much less communicating with their fans besides formal auto-responses.

All signatures sucks, especially those with images in them.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 39 (1,342 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Alestes wrote:

leonyearwood wrote:

I wrote to Konami myself about 2 years ago, asking for Suikoden 1&2 and Castlevania: SOTN on PSN.

They told me this

Dear customer,

Thank you for your interest in Konami products and for taking the time to send us your feedback.

Feedback and opinions from our players is very important to us in continuing to provide a positive gaming experience, so we will forward your feedback to the proper department.

In other words, nothing. It seems like the European branch of Konami have no interest in taking advantage of the european PSN at all, much less communicating with their fans besides formal auto-responses.

Biggest problem for the EU store is thats its not going to be financially viable for them to translate into several more languages then integrate them into single EU version. Which is a real shame coz it means we have to either break the T&C's making fake US accounts and ebay $ psn cards or go without, despite there being an English version out there.

Thing is though a lot (hell of a lot) of Europeans speak English, some better than the locals in fact! It wouldn't do SCEE any harm in just releasing the already translated English versions - Some sales across EU are better than none surely?

The fact that people in EU do buy $ psn cards proves there is a market for this stuff and SCEE are losing sales to SCEA unecessarily.

I Want Xenogears!! 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 39 (1,309 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

KillyBamp wrote:

Biggest problem for the EU store is thats its not going to be financially viable for them to translate into several more languages then integrate them into single EU version.

That isn't really an issue at all, the games were already translated over a decade ago.

KillyBamp wrote: 

I Want Xenogears!! 

Agreed :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 39 (1,212 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

It's astonishing that they refuse to listen. There are so many people who would be ecstatic if Suikoden 1 and hopefully 2 came to EU PS Store.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 39 (895 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I would love if they made it onto the european ps store. I'd buy them straight away. Especially if they are vita compatible - being able to have Suikoden as a portable game would be amazing :smileyvery-happy: 

I have a few friends who would definitely buy them too.

I recently set up my PS2 again so i'm currently replaying Suikoden 5 :smileyhappy:

Awesome game.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 39 (822 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Oh, and now when US PSN started with PS2 games, I would love to see Suikoden III on EU PSN as it was never released in Europe.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 39 (814 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I have suikoden 1 from psn I can't wait for two to come out, I had the game when it came out but I had lose the disc when I moved. But I have 3 thr 5 and loved playing them as well taics one as well.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 39 (664 Views)
0 Kudos