Reply
InfiniteStates
Beta Tester
10
/16

InfiniteStates

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: Dragon’s Dogma


Zephon wrote:

On this play through I've only met 1 chimera but in my first playthrough I saw loads that I didn't fight cause was focused on getting somewhere. Now that I want to kill them for the notice board quest they're nowhere to be found.


These are the ones I can remember off the top of my head (pre-Final Battle)...

 

Spoiler

gransys.jpg




Si_Ozzman wrote:

 

On an aside...I'm trying to kill the offline UR-Dragon before i begin my second playthrough, my main vocation is fighter. Got the blighter down to half a bar, but just cannot get the two hearts on the wings..any tips for hittting these? I changed vocation to strider, even with a bow they seem tricky to hit!


 

Ranged is pretty much the only way to go for those...

 

You could switch to sorceror or magic archer and make use of the target locking capabilities if you're struggling with strider. Or you can wait until he casts his own magic, at which point he sits relatively still while he does it. I'd also recommend the skill that fires 3 or 5 arrows at once...

 

If/when the next time you fight him, go for these ones when he is staggered from destroying one of the others Smiley Wink

Message 191 of 264 (388 Views)
C_e_r_e_b_u_s
02
/16

C_e_r_e_b_u_s

  • Offline
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: Dragon’s Dogma

Finally got around to trying the UR-Dragon (offline), the Ranger's Tenfold arrow boosted with Conquerer's Periapt worked quickly on the wingtips for me when the dragon would pause to charge an attack. An otherwise longwinded battle for the level my characters were at but worth it to see him bite the dust.

 

Dragon's Dogma 023.jpg

Reply
0 Kudos
Message 192 of 264 (363 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
J-Matt-
02
/16

J-Matt-

  • Offline
92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: Dragon’s Dogma


InfiniteStates wrote:

Zephon wrote:

On this play through I've only met 1 chimera but in my first playthrough I saw loads that I didn't fight cause was focused on getting somewhere. Now that I want to kill them for the notice board quest they're nowhere to be found.


These are the ones I can remember off the top of my head (pre-Final Battle)...

 

Spoiler

gransys.jpg




Si_Ozzman wrote:

 

On an aside...I'm trying to kill the offline UR-Dragon before i begin my second playthrough, my main vocation is fighter. Got the blighter down to half a bar, but just cannot get the two hearts on the wings..any tips for hittting these? I changed vocation to strider, even with a bow they seem tricky to hit!


 

Ranged is pretty much the only way to go for those...

 

You could switch to sorceror or magic archer and make use of the target locking capabilities if you're struggling with strider. Or you can wait until he casts his own magic, at which point he sits relatively still while he does it. I'd also recommend the skill that fires 3 or 5 arrows at once...

 

If/when the next time you fight him, go for these ones when he is staggered from destroying one of the others Smiley Wink



There are another 2 locations where the chimera can be located that isnt on the map 

Reply
0 Kudos
Message 193 of 264 (354 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
InfiniteStates
Beta Tester
10
/16

InfiniteStates

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: Dragon’s Dogma


J-Matt- wrote:


There are another 2 locations where the chimera can be located that isnt on the map 



Elaborating on where they are might be more useful Smiley Wink

Reply
0 Kudos
Message 194 of 264 (338 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
J-Matt-
02
/16

J-Matt-

  • Offline
92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: Dragon’s Dogma


InfiniteStates wrote:

J-Matt- wrote:


There are another 2 locations where the chimera can be located that isnt on the map 



Elaborating on where they are might be more useful Smiley Wink


Spoiler
One appears at the unusual beach after you complete one of aldins assignments, normal chimera and the other one appears beatween rest camp and the shadow fort  (north of the rest camp and east of the shadow fort)

 

Reply
0 Kudos
Message 195 of 264 (330 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Si_Ozzman
05
/16

Si_Ozzman

  • Offline
89%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: Dragon’s Dogma


InfiniteStates wrote:
Si_Ozzman wrote:

 

On an aside...I'm trying to kill the offline UR-Dragon before i begin my second playthrough, my main vocation is fighter. Got the blighter down to half a bar, but just cannot get the two hearts on the wings..any tips for hittting these? I changed vocation to strider, even with a bow they seem tricky to hit!


 

Ranged is pretty much the only way to go for those...

 

You could switch to sorceror or magic archer and make use of the target locking capabilities if you're struggling with strider. Or you can wait until he casts his own magic, at which point he sits relatively still while he does it. I'd also recommend the skill that fires 3 or 5 arrows at once...

 

If/when the next time you fight him, go for these ones when he is staggered from destroying one of the others Smiley Wink


 

Took the UR-Dragon down after changing to a weak strider and grinding down those wingtips. Thanks for the tips =)

Message 196 of 264 (306 Views)
MistressFortune
02
/16

MistressFortune

  • Offline
96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: Dragon’s Dogma

I got the game two weeks ago and have only just started the wyrm hunt. I spend far too much time running around gathering items XD

 

I'm a magic archer at lvl 34. Is this a good level for this part of the game?

Reply
0 Kudos
Message 197 of 264 (223 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
InfiniteStates
Beta Tester
10
/16

InfiniteStates

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: Dragon’s Dogma

Yes. It's a good level if you are finding the difficulty ok. If not, grind a bit then come back to whatever you were doing Smiley Wink

Reply
0 Kudos
Message 198 of 264 (214 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
MistressFortune
02
/16

MistressFortune

  • Offline
96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: Dragon’s Dogma

When hunting Direwolves I managed to kill a Chimera without too much fuss, so I guess I'm a good level. I'm a little worried about some of the escort quests though. My last two charges seemed to be suicidal.

Reply
0 Kudos
Message 199 of 264 (206 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
InfiniteStates
Beta Tester
10
/16

InfiniteStates

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: Dragon’s Dogma

Yeah, do a manual save (start, then select I think) at the start of an escort quest. Even if you're sensible in battle, they can run off cliffs and stuff...

Reply
0 Kudos
Message 200 of 264 (203 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos