Problem Solved

View Original Post

Pawn Stars

78 Replies 419 Views Created 26-05-2012

hey hey

Just got my copy of Dragons Dogma !!

Show me some pawn. 

Name, Occupation, Skills etc 

I'll borrow yours if you'll borrow mine :)  

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Jamesie_Payne91

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Jamesie_Payne91
Accepted Solution

Mikal_Drey wrote:
just as a quick question ..

why does your sorcerer have an affinity/buffing spell ?

Mage (healers)
Sorcerers (offensive)

Magic archer (hybrid)

I cant seem to find an all out aggressive sorcerer. I'd be interested to know why most have buff/healing setups

She has Fire Affinity just to make my attacks more powerful, Upgraded Tornado Attack, Upgraded Ice Attack and A Thunder Attack which stuns are her main things. I can't remember her other skills as I'm not on PS3. She is more offensive than defensive but she looks to give you a buff before going on to attack.

0 Kudos

Re: Pawn Stars

[ Edited ]
Jamesie_Payne91 Trophy Card
/16

majinmax72

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
majinmax72
Accepted Solution

Anyone reply with my message? My hired pawns are good as I paid RC for them(A lot). My main pawn is very dumb. She doesn't get away from me. When I was Ranger I made her Warrior then she would just roam around me shouting Goblin, Wolves, blah blah..She doesn't get near enemy and do damage. There is a warrior skill which keeps the longsword in air and strike after the skill level fills up. Even she go near enemy she would keep her longsword in air and before she strike the goblin or bandits would have gone. She doesn't do any hit in some quests. I am ***** off. 

0 Kudos

Manish Max Naik
Beta Tester
/16

InfiniteStates

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

Sounds like she has guardian as one of her behaviours (primary?).

Go to the rift stone in the encampment and there is a shopkeeper that sells stuff for RC. He sells potions that let you change pawn behaviour. Buy 1 that resets the behaviour, then 10 of the one you want as primary and 5 of the one you want as secondary.

But you need to keep an eye on your pawns profile as the behaviour changes depending on how much you use the d-pad to issue commands, and the behaviours of pawns you hire.

0 Kudos

/16

majinmax72

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
majinmax72
Accepted Solution
I guess u explained it correctly but very less. Plz Describe whats 10 and 20 there.
0 Kudos

Manish Max Naik
Beta Tester
/16

InfiniteStates

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

Encampment.

Man by the rift stone.

Buy potions.

0 Kudos

/16

Si_Ozzman

89%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Si_Ozzman
Accepted Solution

majinmax72 wrote:
I guess u explained it correctly but very less. Plz Describe whats 10 and 20 there.

It was explained perfectly clear.

change you main pawns behavior by buying potions. 10 for what you'd like as a main behaviour, 5 for what you'd like as a secondary.

If your having trouble with this, well, buy an xbox and play fable. 

/16

majinmax72

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
majinmax72
Accepted Solution
10? still not getting 10 is the number of potion?
0 Kudos

Manish Max Naik
Beta Tester
/16

InfiniteStates

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

Yes, there are different potions for each type of behaviour.

Buy and consume 10 of whatever type you want as primary behaviour and 5 of whatever type for secondary.

There is also a potion that resets behaviour - I recommend drinking one of these first.

This would probably be a lot clearer if you just went to the seller and read the potion descriptions (in your native language) ;)

0 Kudos

/16

Geldard

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Geldard
Accepted Solution
Warrior Pawn now Lvl 40.
Enhanced black matter weapon.
Enhanced griffic armour set.

Name: Victor
Psn: Geldard
0 Kudos

/16

urmyleander

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
urmyleander
Accepted Solution

Name : Flamy

Target Role : Tank

Lvl: 30

Only been used by other players three times (cause people think shes ugly don't tell her that though) shes a beast tank and a perfect compliment if your a ranger or strider.

Basically she runs in attention whores then swings a giant stick around till stuff dies.

Not so good against mini foes like goblins but tears through people and just about anything else, the only thing she seems unable to distract is a griffin.

0 Kudos

/16

Si_Ozzman

89%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Si_Ozzman
Accepted Solution
Find it easier to find pawns by ppl on friends list...feel free to add me and i'll try and check anyone's out.
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

InfiniteStates

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

I changed Infinistacia from mage to warrior last night as I'm switching from frontline vocations to more ballistic ones (magic archer first up). I had to tweak her behaviour (again - curse you dynamic AI), but at the moment she is mixing it up like a trooper. She was the only one out of all my pawns climbing up the hydra...

If you need a meat shield, check her out :)

0 Kudos

/16

Mikal_Drey

96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mikal_Drey
Accepted Solution
sold :)

I has sasha as my mage so I only used Infinitastica when she was just starting out.

I have noticed that your augmentations carry over so i have been using her as a sorcerer and started a few other vocations purely to get their augmentations.

I like the physical damage buff which should make her a better tank even when I switch her to her mage role.
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

InfiniteStates

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

Bear in mind though that when you or your pawn level, the stats appropriate to their vocation are boosted most, so switching from a magic background to a strength based background at a really high level will make for a weak warrior...

0 Kudos

/16

urmyleander

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
urmyleander
Accepted Solution

Im changing my own vocation soon from strider maxed, ranger maxed to start training up mage and sorcerer before going magic archer.

Is it worth it switching up my pawns aswell? (maxed warrior) seeing as they can't use hybrid classes?

0 Kudos

/16

Mikal_Drey

96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mikal_Drey
Accepted Solution

InfiniteStates wrote:

Bear in mind though that when you or your pawn level, the stats appropriate to their vocation are boosted most, so switching from a magic background to a strength based background at a really high level will make for a weak warrior...

I'm purely going for augmentations. 

I switch her to a sorcerer and roam for a few hrs till the next vocation rank pops then check whats available.  

I take it from your comment that infinitastica isnt the greaters warrior in all of gransys yet...

I havent really checked what gets increased as you level up as I havent seen any real indications for it.  HP and stamina is about all that Ive seen change.  I wouldnt say with any confidence that Sasha or myself have increrased in skills since capping out the skill tree for our vocations.

even with some augmentations I havent seen much improvement. I have a regeneration augmentation and its so epically slow its pointless. 

Sasha has 45k DP going to waste so i'll play about with her in other roles and see how much affect that has on her mage vocation.

0 Kudos

/16

urmyleander

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
urmyleander
Accepted Solution

From what I know mage and sorcere both require stamina and strider and and ranger both have nice stamina techniques, also ranger has a technique called morbidity which boosts damage on a target when there affected by non archmage spells so if your using your character mainly as a mage this might be a nice consideration.

From what I have been able to piece together going from a strider/ranger/warrior/fighter late in the game is easy enough because you have large stamina and you can make up for the dif in magic damage by buying expensive staffs.

However if your character was purely mage you got less stamina and significantly less damage if you switch to a physical combat class.

Im eventually going for mage archer with my character but im maxing out mage and sorcerer and I have already maxed out strider and ranger first.

Even though I don't think the range and accuracy boosts apply to mage archer the stamina bonuses and morbidity do.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

InfiniteStates

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

As far as I can tell, there are 4 stats that are affected by levelling, and affected by varying amounts depending on the vocation: strength, magick, health and stamina.

Mikal_Drey wrote:

InfiniteStates wrote:

I take it from your comment that infinitastica isnt the greaters warrior in all of gransys yet...

It can be mitigated to a degree with high level equipment and behaviour tweaks - she does pretty well, but she is not as good for her level as she would be had she been a melee class since creation.

0 Kudos

/16

sigrent

89%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sigrent
Accepted Solution

Thought id share this image of my character w/ Pawns

Dragon's Dogma Screenshot.jpg

Perhaps you've seen it, maybe in a dream
A murky forgotten land A place where souls May mend your ailing mind You will lose everything
Once branded
The Symbol of the curse
An augur of darkness
Your past, Your future.
Your very light
Beta Tester
/16

InfiniteStates

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

Those pawns on the left and right look very familiar ;)

0 Kudos

/16

GroundBreaker91

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GroundBreaker91
Accepted Solution