80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Suikoden I and Suikoden II

38 Replies 3,473 Views Created 15-09-2010

I only just found out today that Suikoden, one of the World's best (and rarest) RPGs is available on the American PSN. Also, they are currently working on getting Suikoden II on to their PSN as well. All I can say is, *****? I've always known that Europe PSN has been lacking, but to find out that we're missing out on Suikoden really broke my brain.

Suikoden has been available on the American PSN since 2008. I only found out about it today because it got reduced in price to just $2.99 in celebration of the Playstation's 15th Birthday. :( Why haven't we got it here in Europe? I can't afford to buy a PS1 copy of that game, but I'd happily pay up to £19.99 to have that game on my PSP/PS3. I just really hope that we can get both of these games someday.

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

OmegaPyrate

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
OmegaPyrate
Accepted Solution

Haven't played Suikoden 1 much so I can't really say, but 2 is easily one of the best RPG's of it's era- it's be great if it got on the store.... retro RPG fans would love it.  :D 

Buuuuuut, I already have a PAL copy of both... so it doesn't really matter to me :p

0 Kudos

Re: Suikoden I and Suikoden II

/16

Alestes

90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Alestes
Accepted Solution

Suikoden 1&2 are my favorite PS1 games, I would be very pleased if they were offered on the European Store.

0 Kudos

All signatures sucks, especially those with images in them.
/16

FalconIsis

72%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FalconIsis
Accepted Solution

I know how you feel i would love to get afrika and argonauts dream, ive heard they will work on our ps3's but i cant afford to import them,,would love to get some of the dynamic themes.

I dont think they value us european customers asmuch as those across the pond.

0 Kudos

/16

wonderfulspam

34%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
wonderfulspam
Accepted Solution
Suikoden 1 & 2 go for £50 - £150 on ebay. It shows there is a demand for this game in the EU, & the U.S download release shows us Sony prefer Americans to Europeans.
0 Kudos

/16

Playthoseblues

88%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Playthoseblues
Accepted Solution

I bought this game a few years ago, I was only about 10 and got it for a tenner at a car boot! I can't find any on eBay and they're expensive! I think its Suikoden!! Is it worth holding onto? I never got round to playing it.:BigGrin:

0 Kudos

/16

interstella5555

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
interstella5555
Accepted Solution
You should just buy a $ psn card off eBay....I've said to much :p lol if anyone mentions t&c I'm afraid Sony keep breaking my t&c each week.

I love everything about the suikoden series, tho 5 was a bit weak, sadly it's the only one I haven't finished. comparing US to EU is well beyond a joke now, the eu will always be behind, things need to be looked at in a global perspective instead of separating into regions, I'm sure there are laws and legal mumbo jumbo that prevents that but hell somethigs needs to be looked at.

On the subject of suikoden for psp ever get released over here? If not Sony just broke my t & c right there :p

Don't know what I would do without my demon souls dynamic theme :p
0 Kudos

/16

Alestes

90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Alestes
Accepted Solution

interstella5555 wrote:
I love everything about the suikoden series, tho 5 was a bit weak, sadly it's the only one I haven't finished.

Heh, I think Suikoden V was a great comeback after the weaker III and IV. V is easily my favorite Suikoden for the PS2, and the PS2 I've played thru the most times (3 times).

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

interstella5555

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
interstella5555
Accepted Solution
Haha totally forgot how bad IV was, have to disagree about 3 I quite enjoyed it I know other didn't like the difficulty curve, suikoden still had it back then also the suikoden 3 manga is worth a read. V for me was well too slow paced and to much blah blah to the point were I was falling asleep at my comp lol, also wasn't a fan of the prince, but that's just me
0 Kudos

/16

OmegaPyrate

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
OmegaPyrate
Accepted Solution

Playthoseblues wrote:

I bought this game a few years ago, I was only about 10 and got it for a tenner at a car boot! I can't find any on eBay and they're expensive! I think its Suikoden!! Is it worth holding onto? I never got round to playing it.:BigGrin:

?!?!??!

You're god dang right that's worth holding onto!  XD  Holy ****- you found it for £10?!  If I could reach down my ethernet cable and strangle you in jealousy I WOULD!

You don't even wanna know how much I paid for these games.......

0 Kudos

/16

Swinehouse

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Swinehouse
Accepted Solution

Lol, I also found Suikoden in an EB pre-owned bin about 13 years ago. I bought it cos I was well into RPGs and didn't have one for my PS1. I also got Suikoden II when it was actually on shop shelves!!!!

I lost II but still have the first. But it's totally true, these games need to be put on the Playstation Store! Who wants to pay £200 for then and be stuck playing only at home? The problem is as great as these old games are, they haven't aged very well graphically and the modern gamer cannot avoid the obvious downfalls of playing an older game on an HD screen. This is why being able to play them in your hand makes them attractive again.

***** Sony, make it happen!

0 Kudos

/16

Grim_Jim83

26%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Grim_Jim83
Accepted Solution

That would be freaking great if they put two on the U.S store, then brought it over the Euro one, Im always ALWAYS dissapointed when i see the lack of games we have in the Euro PSN store , its pretty ***** poor aaall the f'ing spyro the dragon stuff and not one suikoden.

Thats why we went 007 created an American account and now we can  get all the games they get in the US...why we all cant just go to this one same shop and all buy the same games (with greater selection) i dono. Mebe sommething to do with overloading servers mebe it has something to do with the flux capaseter, i donno. 

But hell yes i got Suikoden 1 saved on my PS3 and loved playin ever since, however about once every week, more if i hear rumours i ***** onto my yank account to check for Suikoden 2....then get annoyed that theres no 2 just another syphon filter game...*sigh*

Its clear that everybody on Euro PSN is annoyed cos they have less games and poor selection.

Come on PSN guys bring Suikoden here, put 2 on PSN its the best one!

0 Kudos

/16

leonyearwood

34%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
leonyearwood
Accepted Solution

hi all, i have raised this question with sony myself and they are apparenlty not responsible for the game and where it is released via the psn... konami are the ones.. so i wrote to them, they said they do not discuss game releases.

maybe if enough people complain we will get the same games as our friends across the pond.

there are still some great games out there.. but personally for me the ps is and has always screwed us and im tired off it...  maybe its time to change.

0 Kudos

/16

Alestes

90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Alestes
Accepted Solution

leonyearwood wrote:

hi all, i have raised this question with sony myself and they are apparenlty not responsible for the game and where it is released via the psn... konami are the ones.. so i wrote to them, they said they do not discuss game releases.

I wrote to Konami myself about 2 years ago, asking for Suikoden 1&2 and Castlevania: SOTN on PSN.

They told me this

Dear customer,

Thank you for your interest in Konami products and for taking the time to send us your feedback.

Feedback and opinions from our players is very important to us in continuing to provide a positive gaming experience, so we will forward your feedback to the proper department.

In other words, nothing. It seems like the European branch of Konami have no interest in taking advantage of the european PSN at all, much less communicating with their fans besides formal auto-responses.

0 Kudos

/16

KillyBamp

68%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KillyBamp
Accepted Solution

Alestes wrote:

leonyearwood wrote:

I wrote to Konami myself about 2 years ago, asking for Suikoden 1&2 and Castlevania: SOTN on PSN.

They told me this

Dear customer,

Thank you for your interest in Konami products and for taking the time to send us your feedback.

Feedback and opinions from our players is very important to us in continuing to provide a positive gaming experience, so we will forward your feedback to the proper department.

In other words, nothing. It seems like the European branch of Konami have no interest in taking advantage of the european PSN at all, much less communicating with their fans besides formal auto-responses.

Biggest problem for the EU store is thats its not going to be financially viable for them to translate into several more languages then integrate them into single EU version. Which is a real shame coz it means we have to either break the T&C's making fake US accounts and ebay $ psn cards or go without, despite there being an English version out there.

Thing is though a lot (hell of a lot) of Europeans speak English, some better than the locals in fact! It wouldn't do SCEE any harm in just releasing the already translated English versions - Some sales across EU are better than none surely?

The fact that people in EU do buy $ psn cards proves there is a market for this stuff and SCEE are losing sales to SCEA unecessarily.

I Want Xenogears!! 

0 Kudos

/16

Alestes

90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Alestes
Accepted Solution

KillyBamp wrote:

Biggest problem for the EU store is thats its not going to be financially viable for them to translate into several more languages then integrate them into single EU version.

That isn't really an issue at all, the games were already translated over a decade ago.

KillyBamp wrote: 

I Want Xenogears!! 

Agreed :)

0 Kudos

/16

pauljobling

54%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
pauljobling
Accepted Solution

when you got the US account where you able to transfer the suikoden games to your EU account?

0 Kudos

settin your ass on fire since 1987
/16

Swinehouse

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Swinehouse
Accepted Solution

It's astonishing that they refuse to listen. There are so many people who would be ecstatic if Suikoden 1 and hopefully 2 came to EU PS Store.

0 Kudos

/16

Taramyhero

52%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Taramyhero
Accepted Solution

I would love if they made it onto the european ps store. I'd buy them straight away. Especially if they are vita compatible - being able to have Suikoden as a portable game would be amazing :D 

I have a few friends who would definitely buy them too.

I recently set up my PS2 again so i'm currently replaying Suikoden 5 :)

Awesome game.

0 Kudos

/16

Alestes

90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Alestes
Accepted Solution

Oh, and now when US PSN started with PS2 games, I would love to see Suikoden III on EU PSN as it was never released in Europe.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

gamelover2

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
gamelover2
Accepted Solution

I have suikoden 1 from psn I can't wait for two to come out, I had the game when it came out but I had lose the disc when I moved. But I have 3 thr 5 and loved playing them as well taics one as well.

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel