17 Jun 2009
By: thelocaluk Member 311 Posts
Level 3

1v1 Knockout Tournament

9 Replies 684 Views Created 17-06-2009
We have a 1v1 knockout tournament setup for fun on the TAK site and there are still spaces left before it starts. The games will be played at a time and day to suit the players involved :smileywink: http://www.transatlantickillers.co.cc/league/tournaments.php?tourney[id]=3
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10 (684 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Re: 1v1 Knockout Tournament

Another site like UKSFL challange system that sucks and has nothing to do with socom, and a roster that dos'nt show gamertags.. WHY are the eu community playing on these site when theres site much better for the eu teams out there?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10 (678 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Elite-McNAB wrote:

Another site like UKSFL challange system that sucks and has nothing to do with socom, and a roster that dos'nt show gamertags.. WHY are the eu community playing on these site when theres site much better for the eu teams out there?

Are you trying to prove something? To yourself perhaps.....Only 10 posts and most are spiteful tosh

Nothing nice to say? Then shut the ***** up and jog on
YOUR FACE!
JUST PLAY IT!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10 (668 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Keep going that way

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10 (661 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

morgothemighty wrote:

Elite-McNAB wrote:

Are you trying to prove something? To yourself perhaps.....Only 10 posts and most are spiteful tosh

Nothing nice to say? Then shut the ***** up and jog on

Dont get me wrong i dont completely agree with him, but he does have a small point.... Socom is a team game so a 1v1 tourny is alittle dumb. but i guess like on COD if you have a 40-1 record in 1v1 then you are classed as good when in fact you just a good camper

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10 (660 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Mieya wrote:

Dont get me wrong i dont completely agree with him, but he does have a small point.... Socom is a team game so a 1v1 tourny is alittle dumb. but i guess like on COD if you have a 40-1 record in 1v1 then you are classed as good when in fact you just a good camper

If you read what he wrote you will realise that he is not commenting on the prospects of such a tournament (I agree with your SOCOM team play and as such wouldn't be partaking in such a tournament anyway) but is more concerned with ripping into the OP's site/challenge system and lack of "Gamer Tags".

There have been several similar posts by the same user, ripping into someones site and saying that there are better sites out there.  While this may be true there is no need for him to adopt the attitude that he has.  I can only assume that when he finishes his own site that it is going to be absolutely amazing and no-one will find any faults with it whatsoever.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10 (657 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

groucher wrote:

Mieya wrote:

If you read what he wrote you will realise that he is not commenting on the prospects of such a tournament (I agree with your SOCOM team play and as such wouldn't be partaking in such a tournament anyway) but is more concerned with ripping into the OP's site/challenge system and lack of "Gamer Tags".

There have been several similar posts by the same user, ripping into someones site and saying that there are better sites out there.  While this may be true there is no need for him to adopt the attitude that he has.  I can only assume that when he finishes his own site that it is going to be absolutely amazing and no-one will find any faults with it whatsoever.

Groucher yeah dont get me wrong iam not siding with him and agreeing with his bashing of people. just that 1v1 isnt really what socom is about.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10 (654 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Mieya wrote:

Groucher yeah dont get me wrong iam not siding with him and agreeing with his bashing of people. just that 1v1 isnt really what socom is about.

Gotta disagree with you. Socom like most other games is about having a good time.

If people enjoy having a 1v1 tourney, because they like to play 1v1, then a 1v1 tourney is a splendid idea.

Watch these classics or burn in Socom hell!
FoxRoads Glory - Foxhunting
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (641 Views)
Level 3

Yeah [V-E] are also starting their own in clan 1v1 tourney,not what socom is about no but its a bit of fun and a change of scenery.

[V-E] Veteran Elite
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (636 Views)
Level 3

Cheers for the back up guys, agreed the site is crap but its work in progress and belongs to a small bunch of WarHawk lads that I get on with so like to offer my support.

The reason why I got a 1v1 setup on there was simply for the fun of it and its easier to sort out, a proper 4v4 tourney can take a lot of effort on everyones part as most of us know from the awesome 4v4 WH tourney some of you guys played in. 

Maybe if anyone is brave enough we could do a forum tournament here?  :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10 (591 Views)
0 Kudos