04 Mar 2011
Playstation Staff

5th most kudo'd post of 2010 on socom.com...

10 Replies 469 Views Created 04-03-2011
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11 (469 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Re: 5th most kudo'd post of 2010 on socom.com...

Great thread this one just as usefull as the thread you linked us to :-/
DeludedGaming the best gaming site around
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11 (436 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

The guy is right, but you knew that, that's why you reacted with the sarcasm you did n without the love of the original Socoms that folks like him/us have/had you wouldn't be playing Confrontation because it wouldn't have made financial sense to make it.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11 (425 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

born2destroy: The success of that post speaks for it's self.

CAL: Good point. Thanks man. This ones for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGbnua2kSa8

Hahahaha!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11 (410 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

CAL1973 wrote:

The guy is right, but you knew that, that's why you reacted with the sarcasm you did n without the love of the original Socoms that folks like him/us have/had you wouldn't be playing Confrontation because it wouldn't have made financial sense to make it.

And it is for the same financial sense that Zipper have chosen to make the SOCOM series slightly different.

Ive always resisted change in SOCOM, but ive always enjoyed the series once I start playing, hope it will be the same for this one.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11 (405 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Fair point reaps, but when we were all waiting on Confrontation we were expecting a revamp of what we knew to be Socom, now we know different as the player count now shows, all those who waited with baited breath were sorely dissapointed but we tried to like it, alot of us just couldn't. But what we're about to get no matter how positive we try to be about it we know in our heart of hearts that it just ain't "Socom" anymore n I may be wrong but I believe it'll turn into another throw away game for the kiddies to play until "the next big thing" comes out, remember the days when you could see the same folks playing Socom for years not just months, this one in my eyes is just a money spinner.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11 (398 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

The point I was making was that any true socom fan will have read it on the socom.forums anyway, I spend most of my time on there reading posts and and did not expect a post just linking it to the post but atleast a quite of what he wrote :-/
DeludedGaming the best gaming site around
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11 (359 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Fair do's m8, but the post if you read it is directed at those, who he considers NOT to be true Socom fans (whatever that means), also I consider myself a true Socom fan but find it hard to stomach a forum that as evidence show gets completely ignored.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11 (340 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

CAL1973 wrote:

Fair point reaps, but when we were all waiting on Confrontation we were expecting a revamp of what we knew to be Socom, now we know different as the player count now shows, all those who waited with baited breath were sorely dissapointed but we tried to like it, alot of us just couldn't. But what we're about to get no matter how positive we try to be about it we know in our heart of hearts that it just ain't "Socom" anymore n I may be wrong but I believe it'll turn into another throw away game for the kiddies to play until "the next big thing" comes out, remember the days when you could see the same folks playing Socom for years not just months, this one in my eyes is just a money spinner.

Confronation did serve as a revamp to some extent. It was more like S2 than S3 was... The simple fact that even I have to accept, as someone that has owned and played all SOCOMs past (Not PSP), is that the series cant always be about S2. It has to  move on and try different things.

The first time I played S2, I actually hated it. It seemed to be missing some of the stealth the original had... but i grew to love the game, same with SOCOM 3. I think my PSN comment when playing the Beta for SOCOM: Confrontation was "This isnt SOCOM" but i have spent hundreds of hours playing and enjoying the game that i would now consider closer to the original game and SOCOM style than either S3 or combined assault.

I can only hope that SOCOM 4 still "feels" like a SOCOM game when i play it.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11 (314 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I wholely but respectfully must disagree m8, change is not always the best way to progress, refinement and tweaking are, why fix what ain't broken (by this I mean the bare bones of the original idea/game engine). I've said this many times, you may understand if your creative that sometimes things have reached their appropriate potential and to do any more to the piece just ruins and convolutes the whole idea it was built on, I know most who read this will know exactly what I mean. I have no fear of change, but I do harbour reservations when it: 1. Is needless and 2. Is for the benefit of fat cat pockets. Death is a state of change in your life/state of being, doesn't mean folk just shrug and accept it, does it?, Einstein regretted the progress he made, so you see change although in some cases is inevitable, is not always beneficial, nor needed. I and many others (you included I expect) would love them to return to the original style we know to be Socom with next gen graphic quality and a new up to date campaign/story, update weapon and fixes for old problems not this down the rails garbage where your babied through from point to point, or the Ops commanders back story trying to drag some kind of half-assed empathy from the player. I, as well as many others want play Socom, not a third person COD, I/we want the load out system of old, the open style maps, the planning n independence to discover the best course of action, the freedom to choose which objectives we do in the order we choose, the cutting your teeth in campaign to unlock weapons for online, not this quick hit garbage. I'm fed up of every game I play feeling just like the last one, Socom was different that's what made it popular back then n I don't see why that's not what would make it popular now. Kids played it that way back then n they'd do the same now and once they got to grips with it, they love it just like we did, I'll probably try the Beta n my even buy the game, but I'll never kid myself that I'm playing a Socom game, in fact I'm gonna call it Special Forces not Socom, cya Socrack, hope you return to your former glory someday until then this impostor they're about to release will not pass as Socrack to me and many others. Come home soon :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (292 Views)