Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 145

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
24 May 2011
By Cloudburst--

Cloudburst--

  • Offline
95%
06 Rank
Progress

Am I the only one seriously loving SOCOM4?

44 Replies 410 Views Created 24-05-2011
24 May 2011
By Cloudburst--
I've put 30 hours into it. . .which is scary tbh. Love the tactics and everything. No respawn , big maps. Really really enjoying it. Obviously it has some problems like headshots from assault rifles across the Map lol. . .but I think it's being overly hated on.
0 Kudos
Reply
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
06
/16

Cloudburst--

  • Offline
95%
06 Rank
Progress
Cloudburst--
Accepted Solution
I despise games with lobbies tbh. They're unnecessary clutter (providing you have a party system). Matchmaking allows teams lf similar ranks to be automatically matched. Rather than searching through a massive list of servers and making sure all the options match what you want. Plus if you actually get into a lobby avoiding "lobby full" then you have to hope others see your lobby so you get a full game. Why would you want the hassle? Just pick "classic suppression" and away you go. All the maps cycled automatically.
0 Kudos

Re: Am I the only one seriously loving SOCOM4?

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
05
/16

funkshui

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
92%
05 Rank
Progress
funkshui
Accepted Solution

Cloudburst-- wrote:
I despise games with lobbies tbh. They're unnecessary clutter (providing you have a party system). Matchmaking allows teams lf similar ranks to be automatically matched. Rather than searching through a massive list of servers and making sure all the options match what you want. Plus if you actually get into a lobby avoiding "lobby full" then you have to hope others see your lobby so you get a full game. Why would you want the hassle? Just pick "classic suppression" and away you go. All the maps cycled automatically.

 

because i want the option to easily play with friends who are across several clans, i like a bit of banter before and after matches, most of my friends on my list, of which there are 100, are from Socom met through having lobbies.

 

It doesn't seem like any hassle to me to want to join up with mates.

0 Kudos

Re: Am I the only one seriously loving SOCOM4?

http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz75/funkshuii/null-1.jpg

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
04
/16

JimmyJumble

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
92%
04 Rank
Progress
JimmyJumble
Accepted Solution

The one thing i do hate are the blinking icons on the top of the screen. I think they could potentially ruin Control and Demolition.

 

If it flashes when you're planting, or even defusing, part of the fun of demo, is planting without people realising and even ninja-defuses.

 

It's one of those things i don't get about Zipper's direction with this game, people say they're aiming for the CoD crowd, but even CoD doesn't have visual indicators when people are planting/defusing.

0 Kudos

Re: Am I the only one seriously loving SOCOM4?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
10
/16

Mr_Inconspicous

  • Offline
91%
10 Rank
Progress
Mr_Inconspicous
Accepted Solution

 


JimmyJumble wrote:

The one thing i do hate are the blinking icons on the top of the screen. I think they could potentially ruin Control and Demolition.

 

If it flashes when you're planting, or even defusing, part of the fun of demo, is planting without people realising and even ninja-defuses.

 

It's one of those things i don't get about Zipper's direction with this game, people say they're aiming for the CoD crowd, but even CoD doesn't have visual indicators when people are planting/defusing.


CoD even gives you points for a ninja difuse :p

 

0 Kudos

Re: Am I the only one seriously loving SOCOM4?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
04
/16

SlickShoes

  • Offline
91%
04 Rank
Progress
SlickShoes
Accepted Solution

 


funkshui wrote:

Cloudburst-- wrote:
I despise games with lobbies tbh. They're unnecessary clutter (providing you have a party system). Matchmaking allows teams lf similar ranks to be automatically matched. Rather than searching through a massive list of servers and making sure all the options match what you want. Plus if you actually get into a lobby avoiding "lobby full" then you have to hope others see your lobby so you get a full game. Why would you want the hassle? Just pick "classic suppression" and away you go. All the maps cycled automatically.

 

because i want the option to easily play with friends who are across several clans, i like a bit of banter before and after matches, most of my friends on my list, of which there are 100, are from Socom met through having lobbies.

 

It doesn't seem like any hassle to me to want to join up with mates.


 

I agree, whilst a party system is good, if you run around in a full group you will never meet anyone new, and if you run around on your on playing against partys then you will probably never meet anyone knew.

 

This SOCOM game doesn't even give you the chance to talk outside the game really and that is sad!

0 Kudos

Re: Am I the only one seriously loving SOCOM4?

PSN: SlickShoes
Steam: Skiiba

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
03
/16

Bertellio

  • Offline
96%
03 Rank
Progress
Bertellio
Accepted Solution

New game? Look at Metal Gear Online...it's the same and it's not a new game.

 

To me the worst issue is the lack of game modes... In past Socoms control was one of the worst game modes because of the campers and the kid-feeling of the objective. And what they did for S4? Basically all control based game modes...

For sure players need to be able to meet their friends...or the game will be absolutely dead (if it isn't that now).

 

Socom feeling is not just walk slow and try to snake...but the point is not just socom.

For sure it can be a good game (for sure not socom), but it need seriously a lot of fixes, starting from lobbies or the strongest party system ever made.

 

But now take a look to the flashing objective symbols...more over we don't have party system just because they thought it will not be an important features...those are not bugs, those are intentional choice. I hope you don't think those are different but right.

 

Then this game is all based on respawn mode and it is addressed to casual gamers, it is not open to, it is directly built to...for that reason I can accept it is going to be different and give it a go, unfortunately I like comunity based games and I don't like respawn games

I'm seriously thinking that their last good work was MAG, which I hated so much...

0 Kudos

Re: Am I the only one seriously loving SOCOM4?



SIGN YOUR YLOD HERE - SEGNALA IL TUO YLOD QUI


[DRK]Golds...il goldone campeggione

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
04
/16

JimmyJumble

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
92%
04 Rank
Progress
JimmyJumble
Accepted Solution

Control was great. =/

0 Kudos

Re: Am I the only one seriously loving SOCOM4?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

JammyMuffin

  • Offline
80%
02 Rank
Progress
JammyMuffin
Accepted Solution

 


Bertellio wrote:

New game? Look at Metal Gear Online...it's the same and it's not a new game.

 

To me the worst issue is the lack of game modes... In past Socoms control was one of the worst game modes because of the campers and the kid-feeling of the objective. And what they did for S4? Basically all control based game modes...

For sure players need to be able to meet their friends...or the game will be absolutely dead (if it isn't that now).

 

Socom feeling is not just walk slow and try to snake...but the point is not just socom.

For sure it can be a good game (for sure not socom), but it need seriously a lot of fixes, starting from lobbies or the strongest party system ever made.

 

But now take a look to the flashing objective symbols...more over we don't have party system just because they thought it will not be an important features...those are not bugs, those are intentional choice. I hope you don't think those are different but right.

 

Then this game is all based on respawn mode and it is addressed to casual gamers, it is not open to, it is directly built to...for that reason I can accept it is going to be different and give it a go, unfortunately I like comunity based games and I don't like respawn games

I'm seriously thinking that their last good work was MAG, which I hated so much...


 

 Cba with most of your reply but Control was always the best mode as it meant both sides had to send players to rush the middle of the map. On Socom 3 this was an absolute God send, compared to demolition on Tidal Fury / Harvestor, or Extraction on Citadel etc. It needs to be brung back into this one asap, demo is fun but it leads to teams camping with 8 men in their spawn, and extraction is just a complete waste of time on big maps.

 

 Supression is horrible too, just a camp fest.

 

 The new modes arn't brilliant either but in reality there were on two good modes on Confrontation (Control and Demo)... Breach, Escort and Extraction work on the 'right map' but will be utter tripe if Zipper try to apply them across all 9 maps.

0 Kudos

Re: Am I the only one seriously loving SOCOM4?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
04
/16

Noxage

  • Offline
88%
04 Rank
Progress
Noxage
Accepted Solution
I don't know if we'll ever see Escort/Extraction in SOCOM:4 , I know they've hinter at demolition coming sometime in the future, but I cant imagine S4 with hostages/VIP's....the weapons are really far too accurate over long distances, and the maps don't seem that great for it unfortunately, rounds would be over pretty much instantly.
0 Kudos

Re: Am I the only one seriously loving SOCOM4?

Photobucket

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
05
/16

I_SCAR_I

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
89%
05 Rank
Progress
I_SCAR_I
Accepted Solution

While Control is a good game mode, I agree with Bertellio. Control doesn't fit within the context of the game, it's more suited towards an aracde style of game.

 

Navy SEALs carry out Demolition jobs, they carry out Extractions and Escorts too. They don't on the other hand run around like headless chickens placing beacons for the sheer fun of it.  And again I agree with Bertellio, it seems childish.

 

And what are these new game modes? "Download the data!" Download the data? Bore off!

0 Kudos

Re: Am I the only one seriously loving SOCOM4?

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
03
/16

Bertellio

  • Offline
96%
03 Rank
Progress
Bertellio
Accepted Solution

It is very funny to hear most people say "we want socom II" or somethink like that. But same people don't like escort or extraction or breach or anything which made "socom" a great real game.

In fact I noticed the last socom in which people played "medley room" was Socom 3 (probably Combined Assault, which I didn't play at all).

 

This is the real matter "socom is dead", players killed 'em, then Zipper buried it. :xLol:

 

@Cloudburst: <"you have to hope others see your lobby so you get a full game">, have you ever play socom with lobbies? Lobbies is the easiest way to meet your friends in game. In Socom:Confrontation you can see the lobby where your friend is playing from the notice under his avatar in the XMB...veeery fast. Again it is the best way to meet players to play with. Matchmaking allow you only to play with others not to meet them. So if you have to comunicate with your team it is important to know them.

 

@JammyMuffin: So according to you demolition is a camp fest, suppression is a camp fest, same with extraction and escort. More over <"Control was always the best mode as it meant both sides had to send players to rush the middle of the map">

YOU WANT FPS RUSH 'N SHOOT, GET OUT FROM SOCOM

 

Sorry but Socom 4 is not made to rush and shoot, better with Confrontation.

0 Kudos

Re: Am I the only one seriously loving SOCOM4?

[ Edited ]


SIGN YOUR YLOD HERE - SEGNALA IL TUO YLOD QUI


[DRK]Golds...il goldone campeggione

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

JammyMuffin

  • Offline
80%
02 Rank
Progress
JammyMuffin
Accepted Solution

 


Bertellio wrote:

 

 

@JammyMuffin: So according to you demolition is a camp fest, suppression is a camp fest, same with extraction and escort. More over <"Control was always the best mode as it meant both sides had to send players to rush the middle of the map">

YOU WANT FPS RUSH 'N SHOOT, GET OUT FROM SOCOM

 

Sorry but Socom 4 is not made to rush and shoot, better with Confrontation.


 

 Socom is ruined when you get 8 people sat in a spawn behind a wall, knowing full well they can just wait until the timer runs out and win. The map has to be designed around escort, or breach to work - or else you're left with an extremely biased, boring map. They were great modes on socom 2, but no one touched them on Socom 3 / CA and they were a bit of a joke on Confrontation, albeit for some reason more popular.

 

 Socom needs that balance between rushing and camping that Socom 2 nailed on nearly every map except Enowapi. You could rush if you wanted and be successful, you could camp... on Socom 3 things got skewed on all the escort and breach modes (Due to timer running out) and Extraction would normally end something like 1-0 after 11 rounds as the seals had no choice but to camp.

 

 Perhaps you've just not played Socom in the way to understand this... I've played a socom 3 clan match where there had been 0 kills after 8 rounds. On Confrontation we got the joy of drawing every Extraction map 5-5 (Due to the team switch at half time) and then them plucking a random winner out their arse. Last thing Socom 4 needs is a load of modes which are horribly biased and unbalanced.

0 Kudos

Re: Am I the only one seriously loving SOCOM4?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
03
/16

Bertellio

  • Offline
96%
03 Rank
Progress
Bertellio
Accepted Solution

Again socom is not your game.

"Socom is ruined when you get 8 people sat in a spawn behind a wall, knowing full well they can just wait until the timer runs out and win"

It is not socom ruined, it is just your defeat.

 

If you aren't able to win an extraction match from the seals team, it is not socom's fault. It is smartness of terrorist's team or even your team fault.

 

Have you ever noticed seals win extraction match in socom 1's map "TRAP" ? I do. And fortunately it was an ESL clan war (European Socom League), many many years ago. In the firsts socoms you were down to the ground without moving for minutes.

 

Every maps in every game modes with every team is playable. You just have to wait a few minutes kill the rushers, to organize your team, to syncronize your team's action and to be accurate when shooting. (of course to be lucky :-) )

 

"You have to act like a commando". And if you cannot do anything in order to win the match (for example when you are alone), the best you can do is to hide and hope to kill someone to grow your team's kills. Nothing bad with it.

 

Rushing to get a good position is a good thing, but it is childish, real soldiers avoid this type of tactics because of course it is too much dangerous.

In fact I do it in Crossroads when I'm in seals side, but I know that I have 60/40 chances to get position and without dying.

In the end, of course you can play as a game, but socom is great because it allow you to play in the real way, with the fear of being killed.

 

PS.: In case of 4-4 confrontation lets win the team with the most kills, the the MVP goes to the one who makes good kills/deaths and objective.

0 Kudos

Re: Am I the only one seriously loving SOCOM4?



SIGN YOUR YLOD HERE - SEGNALA IL TUO YLOD QUI


[DRK]Golds...il goldone campeggione

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

JammyMuffin

  • Offline
80%
02 Rank
Progress
JammyMuffin
Accepted Solution

 


Bertellio wrote:

Again socom is not your game.

"Socom is ruined when you get 8 people sat in a spawn behind a wall, knowing full well they can just wait until the timer runs out and win"

It is not socom ruined, it is just your defeat.

 

If you aren't able to win an extraction match from the seals team, it is not socom's fault. It is smartness of terrorist's team or even your team fault.

 

Have you ever noticed seals win extraction match in socom 1's map "TRAP" ? I do. And fortunately it was an ESL clan war (European Socom League), many many years ago. In the firsts socoms you were down to the ground without moving for minutes.

 

Every maps in every game modes with every team is playable. You just have to wait a few minutes kill the rushers, to organize your team, to syncronize your team's action and to be accurate when shooting. (of course to be lucky :-) )

 

"You have to act like a commando". And if you cannot do anything in order to win the match (for example when you are alone), the best you can do is to hide and hope to kill someone to grow your team's kills. Nothing bad with it.

 

Rushing to get a good position is a good thing, but it is childish, real soldiers avoid this type of tactics because of course it is too much dangerous.

In fact I do it in Crossroads when I'm in seals side, but I know that I have 60/40 chances to get position and without dying.

In the end, of course you can play as a game, but socom is great because it allow you to play in the real way, with the fear of being killed.

 

PS.: In case of 4-4 confrontation lets win the team with the most kills, the the MVP goes to the one who makes good kills/deaths and objective.


 

 First thing - Extraction on Socom 1 is a different ball game to Extraction on Conf. When the timer runs out on Conf - the terrs win, on socom 1 it was a draw, and thus a much fairer mode with much more balance. 8 people sat behind walls isn't fun, it's just unbalanced and poop. Desert Glory, Death Trap and Blood Lake on socom 1 extraction were fun, Kasbah was never fun.

 

 I dunno if you're missing the point but this is a video game. Online games should always be balanced... a map where one side has to run into 8 people camping isn't balanced. Urgh.

 

 Also Confrontation didn't go to kills at the decided it went to hostages extracted (As either side, so you could rank that up extraction 1 hostage as the terrorists) and then it went to...get this... hostages killed. Brilliant lol.

0 Kudos

Re: Am I the only one seriously loving SOCOM4?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
03
/16

Bertellio

  • Offline
96%
03 Rank
Progress
Bertellio
Accepted Solution

Ok, I think I've understood your point.

But a match is 8 round, so you can switch side and do the terrorist. My point is that you need to do your best on each side. I think is good to make terrorist win if seals don't get their objective. Maybe it could not be fun, but I think it'ìs real and force seal to attack.

If the game could finish with a draw it will be not more fun, because terrorist will stay on camping defending hostages. In fact the only difference will be that terrorist will not get the point of the round. According to me this is not good because the draw reward the seals (for doing nothing good in order to get the objective) and doesn't reward the terrorists (who have defended the hostages in order to get the objective).

Terrorists have more to lose than seals if they get out of the base to avoid the draw, because they have to defend the hostages.

So this is not fun.

 

The real point to me is that socom needs to be a real game, so if you have hostages you need to act as they are, and not like you were playing hide-and-seek.

Socom 4 doesn't allow you to play a game with a real sense of what you are doing. A lot of objective point are "in sight" for a lot of siniper (try to take take point = get sinped).

Again "Uplink" is totally childish, call it "Capture the flag" and go play unreal.:xLol:

0 Kudos

Re: Am I the only one seriously loving SOCOM4?



SIGN YOUR YLOD HERE - SEGNALA IL TUO YLOD QUI


[DRK]Golds...il goldone campeggione

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
13
/16

Jacko_the_lad

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
99%
13 Rank
Progress
Jacko_the_lad
Accepted Solution
I'm warming to SOCOM now.

I've almost maxed out my trusty KP5, and I've been finding some decent teams that actually play as a team (incredible, eh?).

So, I've had a few fun games.
0 Kudos

Re: Am I the only one seriously loving SOCOM4?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

TYLERDURDEN71

  • Offline
22%
02 Rank
Progress
TYLERDURDEN71
Accepted Solution

I am seriously thinking about grabbing socom but wanted to know how the single player was as well. Is the stealth character available to choose or just able to use during certain levels?

0 Kudos

Re: Am I the only one seriously loving SOCOM4?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
04
/16

SlickShoes

  • Offline
91%
04 Rank
Progress
SlickShoes
Accepted Solution

 


TYLERDURDEN71 wrote:

I am seriously thinking about grabbing socom but wanted to know how the single player was as well. Is the stealth character available to choose or just able to use during certain levels?


You can only use stealth in certain levels, there is no choice, the game is decent but the levels are essentially corridors, even in the stealth missions you are very limited in the way you complete the task, which is a shame.

 

0 Kudos

Re: Am I the only one seriously loving SOCOM4?

PSN: SlickShoes
Steam: Skiiba

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16
43%
02 Rank
Progress
deadly_insidious
Accepted Solution

I only just got socom and think it's great so far, campaign and online.

0 Kudos

Re: Am I the only one seriously loving SOCOM4?

Never trust a fart.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

xDEANO-FTD83x

  • Offline
59%
02 Rank
Progress
xDEANO-FTD83x
Accepted Solution

i like it just dont play it as much as i should due to friends not having it.

 

I think socom always was a team game and i dont like running about like a headless chicken

I prefer to play in a clan or with friends make the game a lot better imo.

 

Just need to find a clan or loads of peeps who play it a lot :)

0 Kudos

Re: Am I the only one seriously loving SOCOM4?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
06
/16

WESTIE_UK

  • Offline
84%
06 Rank
Progress
WESTIE_UK
Accepted Solution

i agree deano, im looking for peeps to join our clan, or even a clan to play along side

0 Kudos

Re: Am I the only one seriously loving SOCOM4?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel