24 Mar 2012
By: SlickShoes Member 3,358 Posts
Level 6

Goodnight Sweet Prince.....

7 Replies 302 Views Created 24-03-2012

Rumor has it, Zipper are being dissolved and will no longer exist soon.

This would clearly mean the end of the road for the SOCOM series, sadly not a GREAT title since SOCOM2 around 10 years ago now.

Pretty sad stuff but all of the games this gen from Zipper have been lackluster to say the least, hopefully all the guys there get moved around to other parts of SCEA and SCEE and no one is losing there jobs.

Now we can just play SOCOM2 in our minds and remember how good it was instead of constantly asking them to remake it.

http://kotaku.com/5894692/rumor-socom-creators-being-shut-down-by-sony

PSN: SlickShoes
Steam: Skiiba
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8 (302 Views)
0 Kudos

Re: Goodnight Sweet Prince.....

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8 (282 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

I guess that's what happens when you completely ignore your core audience and make stupid statements like, "we're making this game for ourselves". 

See ya'll on CS:GO?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ADh8Fs3YdU

Join me in EVE Online by signing up for an exclusive 21-day trial. Click here to get started
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8 (272 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

To be honest, who didnt see this coming after this generation of Zipper games?

They had the socom series on PS2 all sorted and was one of if not the biggest franchise on PS2 that brought in a great number of sales and players. Then on ps3 they have a chance to get back there fan base by making a Socom we would be proud to call socom and they mess that up as well. This possibly means the end of the socom road unless another devleoper will take up the IP and bring socom back to life but i cant see that happening.

Socom RIP

Zipper you killed your own franchise!
DeludedGaming the best gaming site around
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8 (264 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Got to agree with what people have said on here. They messed up both Socom: Confrontation and MAG. Once they are gone that will probably mean the Confrontation servers going as well, so get your games in quick before they disappear.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8 (261 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Thanks for SOCOM II, Zipper Inc!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8 (253 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Wrathchild68 wrote:

Got to agree with what people have said on here. They messed up both Socom: Confrontation and MAG. Once they are gone that will probably mean the Confrontation servers going as well, so get your games in quick before they disappear.

Zipper didnt do Confrontation, but that was messed up a bit to be honest!

I think that the people that are pining for a Socom 2ish game, will need to hope for someone to want to make a game who actually played and loved socom 2 themselves... But unless someone being able to make a massive deal of money out of it, it will never happen...

Such a shame!

BF3 Stats
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8 (238 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Like SCAR said I think the only hope is for SOCOM fans to start playing counter strike. Its not a TPS but it's as close as we are going to get, I can't see valve changing the formula of that game much considering the following it has.

If confrontation had released a year after its actual release with all the bug fixes it may have been a good game but it didnt and in most peoples eyes and in the media it totally bombed.

PSN: SlickShoes
Steam: Skiiba
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8 (234 Views)
0 Kudos