29 Dec 2010

Playstation Staff

Network Initialization Failed...

4 Replies 779 Views Created 29-12-2009

Socom use to work until I called internet company to try to access modern warfare 2 online.  Since then, I haven't been able to play confrontation.  I was on phone with internet company trying to fix this, and they said when I connect to modern warfare, they see a signal coming from my playstation, but when I try on socom, they never even receive a signal from my playstation.  I hit start, it says initializing network, and instantly after without hesitation is says network initialization failed.  What could be the problem?  Internet company said all ports are open, nothing being restricted.

Also, I live in an apartment complex, internet is free.  I can't access router myself.  I have tried wireless and ethernet cable ( hole in our bedrooms with ethernet port) to back of playstation 3.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5 (779 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: Network Initialization Failed...

anyone????

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5 (767 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Network Initialization Failed...

try going thru network set up on ps3 again, if that dont work load game up to point where u have to press start sign out then press start n sign in when flashes on screen. BTW was u in DBD in rsv2 with chopper rider n mogsa ?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5 (765 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

the same problemRe: Network Initialization Failed...

I had the same problem!

Go to your saved game's on your playstation network and deleteall the saved game data and it will work, i know its a ball ache but its the only thing that would work for me.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5 (729 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: the same problemRe: Network Initialization Failed...

[ Edited ]

As the new pack is out I thought I'd come play some Socom only to get this msg too. Is this the only workaround still? Any advice from sony guys? Do I have to just delete my socom save?

Cheers ppl

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5 (710 Views)
0 Kudos