72%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Patch 1.50 thoughts

54 Replies 911 Views Created 25-08-2009
I`m loving it,from the lack of black screen at the start,the clearer comms,the smoothness ... it`s all good :Thumbs:
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
/16

BLOODSMUDGER

• Beta Tester
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BLOODSMUDGER
Accepted Solution
Come on fella's a bit of input on this not been able to switch teams business, there is alot of people moaning about it, if it's not meant to be like that then its a major issue.
0 Kudos

Re: Patch 1.50 thoughts

Beta Tester
/16

funkshui

• Beta Tester
92%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
funkshui
Accepted Solution
From what I understand when you join a room you cannot switch teams to stop 'team stacking' 7 v 3. But once you're back in the lobby you should be able to switch teams, if not then i guess that is a bug. Have you tried leaving the room and re-joining?
0 Kudos

http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz75/funkshuii/null-1.jpg
Beta Tester
/16

Eweor

• Beta Tester
87%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Eweor
Accepted Solution

BLOODSMUDGER wrote:
Come on fella's a bit of input on this not been able to switch teams business, there is alot of people moaning about it, if it's not meant to be like that then its a major issue.

I was able to switch teams mate, it shouldnt be the way your describing
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

BLOODSMUDGER

• Beta Tester
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BLOODSMUDGER
Accepted Solution

Eweor wrote:

BLOODSMUDGER wrote:

I was able to switch teams mate, it shouldnt be the way your describing

Ok m8, could be because im still in the first room i joined since the patch, i'll have to jump out to see. also i cant green up and leave the room

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

I_SCAR_I

• Beta Tester
89%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
I_SCAR_I
Accepted Solution

A few issues...

• Grenades seem less responsive. You have to hold R1 down harder and for a longer period of time to reach maximum range.

• Crawl is still unbelievably slow.

• What's the deal with not being able to close doors on Frostfire?

• Run button still sticks.

• The invisible fence on Urban Wasteland is still there.

•  After a game, your armoury doesn't return to default, It stays the same as what was selected in your previous match. Only when you leave the room does your armoury return to default. Your armoury should return to default after every game, whether you leave the room or not.

Just a few small minor issues from what so far looks to be a very good update.

EDIT: Bullet point spacing, gah!

Message Edited by I_SCAR_I on 25-08-2009 03:49 PM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Beta Tester
/16

gonzoyid

• Beta Tester
72%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
gonzoyid
Accepted Solution
Also worth noting ... 2 hours of solid gameplay and nobody in our room has dropped to XMB,had a machine freeze or any sound dropouts :smileyhappy:
0 Kudos

/16

mony24

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mony24
Accepted Solution
Game is running great the way it should have been when they droped it almost a year ago!
0 Kudos

/16

slickboy267

87%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
slickboy267
Accepted Solution

gonzoyid wrote:
Also worth noting ... 2 hours of solid gameplay and nobody in our room has dropped to XMB,had a machine freeze or any sound dropouts :smileyhappy:

2md that, been playing for a few hoursand not one sound drop or kick to xmb. love it :D
0 Kudos

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
/16

Oizu

88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Oizu
Accepted Solution
Much happier, everything is so much smoother, even the menus seems a bit more responsive, still full of americans however, loving the new wheel design, edges all seem slightly less jagged, perhaps im imagining that, relieved to see the DE.50 isnt stupidly over powered, guess they have got common sense, but still, this is how it should of launched
0 Kudos

Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.
/16

SlickShoes

91%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SlickShoes
Accepted Solution

For me it feels much more like socom now, im now kinda annoyed i havent played in months and im a total noob again but i am glad i have waited on this patch. I played only for an hour or more earlier but had no problems like i had before with crashes and freezes all the time and everything just worked like it should, selecting items while moving and no retardo wheel is ace, altho i do agree the only thing i found was grenades seem different in that you have to hold longer and harder to get max range.

Its good times and i can see me getting addicted to socom again finally, unless it all goes ***** up tonight lol. 

0 Kudos

PSN: SlickShoes
Steam: Skiiba
/16

chatty72

88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
chatty72
Accepted Solution

Oizu wrote:
Much happier, everything is so much smoother, even the menus seems a bit more responsive, still full of americans however, loving the new wheel design, edges all seem slightly less jagged, perhaps im imagining that, relieved to see the DE.50 isnt stupidly over powered, guess they have got common sense, but still, this is how it should of launched

Do my eyes deceive me Oizu praising(almost) socom just kidding mate. Hopefully cookie and some of the others from B3E might start to play it again. 

I can't get the patch yet bloody psn maintenance.....

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

funkshui

• Beta Tester
92%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
funkshui
Accepted Solution
Would be nice to see Cookie on Socom not sure i have yet?

Slick good news mate, still clanless?
0 Kudos

/16

SlickShoes

91%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SlickShoes
Accepted Solution

funkshui wrote:
Would be nice to see Cookie on Socom not sure i have yet?

Slick good news mate, still clanless?

I am 'in' V-E that i was in SOCOM3 but i honestly think im the only guy in the roster since i joined it like 5 months ago and the guy that was in charge of it doesnt play now so i was playing on my own lol

I enjoyed the games last night and i got some good scores it was class and not a single crash in sight! Cant wait for tonights socom time too!

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

funkshui

• Beta Tester
92%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
funkshui
Accepted Solution
yeah I noticed your tag last night, one man army ay, i did see some good scores popping up.

The thing i love right now is so many people are scoped in you can walk right up to them have a bit of a dance then knife it's great! :smileyvery-happy:
0 Kudos

/16

SlickShoes

91%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SlickShoes
Accepted Solution

funkshui wrote:
yeah I noticed your tag last night, one man army ay, i did see some good scores popping up.

The thing i love right now is so many people are scoped in you can walk right up to them have a bit of a dance then knife it's great! :smileyvery-happy:

Some guy knifed me last night and i survived im sure he was totally gutted since i ended up re loading and shooting him. I got 5 kills in the my first round was hilarious after to hear blooz say " Slick how can you be away from the game for 14 months and then come back and get 5 kills in your first round" id like to say its because im immense, but it was sheer luck, although i loved every minute of it!

Ill be applying for a clan i suppose if i stick at it, i dont wanna get into applying like last time and then not playing the game, dont wanna feel like im wasting folks time!

0 Kudos

/16

Thebleach

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Thebleach
Accepted Solution

Well I have found that alot of grenades dont actually kill or even hurt people - most people I have played online iwth have agreed.

I have also found that shooting people in the back still takes a full clip - shooting people on top of half walls still allows them to shoot you but you cant shoot them even though you aim over the wall by fair amount.

I have found that loading times appear to be a bit quicker - the dreaded black miss is a god send at the start of rounds - and the so called "retatrdo wheel" is 100% an improvement.

THe non kicking to xmb is also fixed as far as I can see - but the hit detection works fine shooting some people and sucks big fat ones on others - (normally the ones that finish games 20-1_

Oh and one other thing - the switching sides thing -sucks really bad - your forcing people to leave the room and join again to even out teams in some cases.

*Now also seen someone stuck like Jesus and cant shoot and just standing there like he is on a cross.

Regards

Message Edited by Thebleach on 25-08-2009 05:25 PM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

CookieMcCrumble

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CookieMcCrumble
Accepted Solution
Ooooh I thought my ears were burning lol

I'll definitely be giving it a try again.

I've had a busy home life lately and it's been hard to do any multiplayer gaming (little one growing up and demanding attention if he thinks i'm playing with other people instead of him...).

But I'll certainly try to get back into it anyway.

I do miss it :)
0 Kudos

@CookieMcCrumble on Twitter
Beta Tester
/16

JimmyJumble

• Beta Tester
92%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JimmyJumble
Accepted Solution
Can you only organise one clan match at a time? =/
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

I_SCAR_I

• Beta Tester
89%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
I_SCAR_I
Accepted Solution
Didn't log in before server maintenance. I'll have sit around and twiddle my thumbs for 3 hours now. :smileysad:
Message Edited by I_SCAR_I on 25-08-2009 06:27 PM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

/16

ProjectOmega

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ProjectOmega
Accepted Solution
Thats not too bad, my game is saying it cant be played on my account. :S
0 Kudos

Photobucket
Beta Tester
/16

hashegotabeard

• Beta Tester
95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
hashegotabeard
Accepted Solution

ProjectOmega wrote:
Thats not too bad, my game is saying it cant be played on my account. :S

Servers are undergoing maintenance. I think all Sony titles using the servers are unavailable atm. It's scheduled to finish at 9 but you may get o earlier.

Haven't downloaded it yet but  am looking forward to it. Seems, on the whole, it's done the trick.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel