06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

SOCOM Safe Haven

62 Replies 1,085 Views Created 23-07-2012

Hello all,

Some of us over @ XD have started a little project called SOCOM Safe Haven.

SSH Logo.jpg

Many Socom Confrontation fans are getting fed up with this tactical and once competitive shooter being riddled with the vast amount of hackers, jailbreakers and exploit users, and unfortunately there does not look like there will be a fix for this issue any time soon.

So me and a few XDers have come up with an idea or to for us to be able to enjoy a good old game of Socom Confrontation safely away from the people tarnishing the game!

Ofcourse this will take some time to come to fruition, and once we have got a fair few numbers on board we can really start to enjoy socom again and get some fun nights and events going.

So what we are looking for is a number of gamers looking to get involved in this project and assist in its growth.

Myself and born2destroy are looking for 3 more guys to help source the members and clans willing to participate in the project!

One we start getting the numbers in we can start arranging private skirmishs and private get togethers in private lobbies so that we can all enjoy socom, free from hackers, and enjoy a battle on a fair and open playing ground!

Depandant on success we could perhaps get a mini league going!

So if you are interested in joining this project or you would like to help with it please let us know!

0 Kudos
LABELS:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

born2destroy

95%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
born2destroy
Accepted Solution

XBNavySeal wrote:

Yeah i've played Confrontation when it first came out for a couple months, but i gave it up because of all the glitches and the fact some content was literally missing.. Like it was on the box, but not in the game.

How many people still play on EU servers?  Is it easy to get a game?

How many cheaters/hackers are on this now?

I got it imported from Japan as i couldn't wait the delayed time in Europe haha and i know what you mean the last patch and DLC made the game more fun and playable :)

Eu servers are rarley used British people tend to hop in to US West servers as theres a mix of all english speaking players in there and always full rooms to play in. Ye you will always get a game even through the Quick Match option.

There honestly is only a few scrubs that i cant name on here but will gladly send u them on PSN so you know who to look out for but there isn't too many hackers you get more clean fun games than you do hacked games. Ill invite you to my clan faction if you want? Also don't be worried about people with orange/ blue camo etc thats just a gamesave hack that just lets them have camo no other c**p

0 Kudos

Re: SOCOM Safe Haven

/16

XBNavySeal

34%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
XBNavySeal
Accepted Solution

born2destroy wrote:

XBNavySeal wrote:

Yeah i've played Confrontation when it first came out for a couple months, but i gave it up because of all the glitches and the fact some content was literally missing.. Like it was on the box, but not in the game.

I got it imported from Japan as i couldn't wait the delayed time in Europe haha and i know what you mean the last patch and DLC made the game more fun and playable :)

Eu servers are rarley used British people tend to hop in to US West servers as theres a mix of all english speaking players in there and always full rooms to play in. Ye you will always get a game even through the Quick Match option.

There honestly is only a few scrubs that i cant name on here but will gladly send u them on PSN so you know who to look out for but there isn't too many hackers you get more clean fun games than you do hacked games. Ill invite you to my clan faction if you want? Also don't be worried about people with orange/ blue camo etc thats just a gamesave hack that just lets them have camo no other c**p

Thanks:)  Yeah i think i know one of them... Who has been around for a while - Saw him post a few times, saw him talked about, etc.

Thats one reason why i hated SOCOM 4! Qucik Match.. Dam lol, i will stick to Old Fashioned lobbies i think!   Are US Players any bother to play with?  As when it first came out... All the US players were on the EU servers teamkilling people for being from the UK and having things like "UK" in their name, etc.  Was quite petty.. But if this is no longer a problem, that is great news.

You can invite me if you like, i will be terrible to start with!  Not played SOCOM in a few years now, sadly - And i won't be online until September 17th. 

How much is the DLC?  I'm guessing around £10?

0 Kudos

Veteran SOCOM player since SOCOM 1.
Previous SOCOM PS2 names: Queasy UK, Nuk Em, o Andy o.
/16

born2destroy

95%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
born2destroy
Accepted Solution

XBNavySeal wrote:

born2destroy wrote:

XBNavySeal wrote:

Thanks:)  Yeah i think i know one of them... Who has been around for a while - Saw him post a few times, saw him talked about, etc.

Thats one reason why i hated SOCOM 4! Qucik Match.. Dam lol, i will stick to Old Fashioned lobbies i think!   Are US Players any bother to play with?  As when it first came out... All the US players were on the EU servers teamkilling people for being from the UK and having things like "UK" in their name, etc.  Was quite petty.. But if this is no longer a problem, that is great news.

You can invite me if you like, i will be terrible to start with!  Not played SOCOM in a few years now, sadly - And i won't be online until September 17th. 

Haha i don't the Quick Match in Confrontation if im just hopping on for a game but i also prefer lobbies. Ye he is one of them :Stupid: No the USA guys are pretty cool with UK players now a days, they have finally come to their senses and they only hate they have for players on Socom now is hackers & glitchers the way it should be. I would also avoid the Frenchies they mostly keep to themselves and if you join and you are not part of their group they instantly vote you out (Typical French (Jokes)) 

ill invite you then when you get online, im pretty bad at the moment i can have a good game then i just lose it for the next 2 games haha

Oh and the DLC (Cold Front Pack) is priced at £7.99 and includes

• New Russian / Eastern European Area of Operation
  • Snow setting complete with snow effects, new snow gear and camo for both the Special Forces and Mercenaries, and thermal vision
  • New ARMS RUN gameplay mode
  • 5 New Maps: Uprising, Entrapment, Blizzard, Night Stalker, Vigilance
  • All new mercenaries characters with new looks and new VO.
  • New Special Forces squad, the Russian Spetsnaz
  • Gun turrets emplacements
  • New music
  • All new character specialization/progression system
  • Allows players to pick a primary and secondary specialization and unlock new equipment exclusive to those specializations
  • New weapons, including: 3 new weapons, 6 enhanced versions of weapons available as part of the new weapons specialization system, 2 new weapon attachments (including the thermal scope), 5 enhanced versions of weapon attachments also available as part of the new weapons specialization system.
  • 2 new grenade launcher ammo types (flash and smoke)
  • New Trophies
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

XBNavySeal

34%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
XBNavySeal
Accepted Solution

born2destroy wrote:

XBNavySeal wrote:

born2destroy wrote:

XBNavySeal wrote:

Haha i don't the Quick Match in Confrontation if im just hopping on for a game but i also prefer lobbies. Ye he is one of them :Stupid: No the USA guys are pretty cool with UK players now a days, they have finally come to their senses and they only hate they have for players on Socom now is hackers & glitchers the way it should be. I would also avoid the Frenchies they mostly keep to themselves and if you join and you are not part of their group they instantly vote you out (Typical French (Jokes)) 

ill invite you then when you get online, im pretty bad at the moment i can have a good game then i just lose it for the next 2 games haha

Oh and the DLC (Cold Front Pack) is priced at £7.99 and includes

• New Russian / Eastern European Area of Operation
  • Snow setting complete with snow effects, new snow gear and camo for both the Special Forces and Mercenaries, and thermal vision
  • New ARMS RUN gameplay mode
  • 5 New Maps: Uprising, Entrapment, Blizzard, Night Stalker, Vigilance
  • All new mercenaries characters with new looks and new VO.
  • New Special Forces squad, the Russian Spetsnaz
  • Gun turrets emplacements
  • New music
  • All new character specialization/progression system
  • Allows players to pick a primary and secondary specialization and unlock new equipment exclusive to those specializations
  • New weapons, including: 3 new weapons, 6 enhanced versions of weapons available as part of the new weapons specialization system, 2 new weapon attachments (including the thermal scope), 5 enhanced versions of weapon attachments also available as part of the new weapons specialization system.
  • 2 new grenade launcher ammo types (flash and smoke)
  • New Trophies

Thank you for the info!

Looks like i'll be paying more for the DLC than the actual game lol!  It's £4.95 for the game brand new on Amazon :)

0 Kudos

/16

XBNavySeal

34%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
XBNavySeal
Accepted Solution

. Wrong post

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

NorthernThistle

33%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
NorthernThistle
Accepted Solution

Hey guys,

It's XBNavySeal here.  This is will be my permanent account from now on, so if any of you sent me invites before, could you please send them to this account!

Thank You!

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

NavySeal74

• Beta Tester
98%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
NavySeal74
Accepted Solution
Message me on psn for password has been changed
0 Kudos

/16

bazer24773

93%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bazer24773
Accepted Solution
Is the room still can't find the room and message you navyseal74
0 Kudos

/16

WESTIE_UK

83%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
WESTIE_UK
Accepted Solution

eu clan server - pm me for password

0 Kudos

/16

bazer24773

93%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bazer24773
Accepted Solution
Thanks for the games tonight was good fun :D

0 Kudos

/16

K1LLA__ViSiOnZ

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
K1LLA__ViSiOnZ
Accepted Solution

HEY COUNT US IN! CLAN [Zks] We are  all Legit.. Add me psn:  k1LLa__Visionz   ( 2 --> _ <--- ) Only legit games thankz

0 Kudos

/16

xXEXCALABERXx

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xXEXCALABERXx
Accepted Solution

Yo any games arranged ? or was it a 1 off? 

0 Kudos

/16

WESTIE_UK

83%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
WESTIE_UK
Accepted Solution

There could be another event soon... we just need to create a core base of players who would participate on a regular basis!

0 Kudos

/16

n1k_

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
n1k_
Accepted Solution
n1k_ up for some games. i suck but play fair :-)
0 Kudos

/16

bazer24773

93%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bazer24773
Accepted Solution
Any plan events for socom? Your not had one in a while
0 Kudos

/16

MethsMind

46%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MethsMind
Accepted Solution

I wanna join!

PSN: MethsMind

0 Kudos

PSN: MethsMind
Check Out My YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/MethsMind
Open for any SOCOM Community Night!
***Looking for a clan to join***
/16

WESTIE_UK

83%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
WESTIE_UK
Accepted Solution

If the numbers keep posting i will arrange something...

Or alternatively others can try running a meet...

The OAP clan run a private locked lobby every friday night... If you want to get involved apply to join the OAPs on a Proby or Chum basis...

0 Kudos

/16

Anovius

26%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Anovius
Accepted Solution

Is there still people playing this? I've played every SOCOm on PS2, recently got a PS3 and picked this up dirt cheap.

0 Kudos

/16

WESTIE_UK

83%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
WESTIE_UK
Accepted Solution
I play it often.... Very lonely nowadays....
0 Kudos

/16

VerbaI

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
VerbaI
Accepted Solution

Westie you may be fighting a loosing battle on the official forums (particularly the eu ones) I didn't think anyone came on here anymore. Have you tried on the "the real socom" forums. I think they may be more active.

By the way if anything regular is set up on any night other than Fridays then I'm in.

I also second the comment about joining the oap room on a Friday. They are a good bunch of guys just  playing for the fun of it and they are very welcoming of players of all abilities including a great deal of patience with new players and you do not need to join their clan. You will need to sign up on their forum though at oaps.org and make a post in introductions (just so they can hopefully filter out the less pleasant elements that we have all met on socom) .

/16

WESTIE_UK

83%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
WESTIE_UK
Accepted Solution

Hey Verbal...

I agree... all i can say is that i have tried...

atleast i have found a haven to get my soccy fix :)

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel