26 Mar 2011
By: BASSX Member 29 Posts
Level 1

Sad excuse for a Socom game

26 Replies 843 Views Created 26-03-2011

Can someone please explain to me what kind of game this is because its not Socom lol, the things I find funny is the classic mode, again I don't see anything that is classic about it, I thought after Confrontation this one would be a bonus, but to be honest I would rather go back to playing confrontation.

Why do they put things in it to do with Call Of Duty, I mean come on, are you guys really going lower your self to that bunch lol, no offence. Well I aint going to rant on more because there seems to be enough of that going on in here, wonder why lol.

Come on Zipper wake up, do your self a favor and start listening to your Socom vets or this game will die to.

Bring Socom Back To Its Roots

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 27 (843 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Sad excuse for a Socom game

It is very much a Socom game and imo better then most shooters out there on the market and infinitely better then Confrontation. I really don't get a lot of this hate that gears towards this idea it's not Socom, it absolutely feels like Socom 0_o. Aiming is a bit different I guess, but the aiming on socom 1, socom 2, socom 3 and Confrontation were all different so...

It's definitely nothing like COD once you start playing clan matches and stuff, and to be honest I don't want open rooms to be all that over serious.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 27 (839 Views)
Level 2

The game would have been better received if they'd hae just re-released confrontation with better graphics its seems, people not prepared for change.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 27 (836 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Move on this game is great, im addicted to the beta... also playing with PS Move is so fun. Love it.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 27 (787 Views)
Level 4

Ghost-UK wrote:

Move on this game is great, im addicted to the beta... also playing with PS Move is so fun. Love it.

He didn't say the game was bad, he said it is a bad excuse for a SOCOM game and im guessing you have no knowledge of what that means.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 27 (779 Views)
Level 1

"i would rather go back to playing confrontation"... something i never thought would be possible at first, but right now i feel the same way.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 27 (757 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

@TheGaffer57

you say that like every change is better... some changes make it worst, and theres alot of those in S4...
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 27 (755 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Sorry this is a new title called special forces XD this is just not socom its addicted mag/cod campers socom isnt a camping game XD
DeludedGaming the best gaming site around
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 27 (726 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

WillPG1212 wrote:
@TheGaffer57

you say that like every change is better... some changes make it worst, and theres alot of those in S4...

No, I am merely saying there are some people who like things the way they are and are not receptive to any change whatsoever.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 27 (706 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

SOCOM – 2,541,340 units (including headset SKU)
SOCOM II – 2,024,440 units
SOCOM 3 – 1,119,015 units
SOCOM: Combined Assault - 415,350 units
SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo (PSP) - 707,444 units
SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 2 (PSP) - 263,499 units

OK, so SOCOM 2 was sold when the PS2 had sold a lot so a bigger user base.

If S2 were a new release for PS3 today would it seel 2mil? I doubt it. Sooooo, is SOCOM 4 the game to sell 2 mil over its lifetime?

Reality is Zipper/Sony are trying to get the sales on an upward trend - if they need to steal ideas from other popular franchises then they're going to do that. Alienation of some vocal people on SOCOM.com is irrelevant to them in the grand scheme of things.

Personally, I like this game with a SOCOM badge. 

Rotor.

TacticalGaming.net - home of Tactical Gaming

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 27 (690 Views)
0 Kudos