I dont smoke.

I win, you lose. :smileyvery-happy:

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19 (639 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Shijima are you closing socom combined assault server

Actually, XXxXXxXXMotorheadXXxxxxxxxXXxxxxX has a good point.

Are there actual servers ?
Isn't SOCOM:CA P2P ?

If there 'are' servers that the online element relies on, will the same happen to SOCOM:Conf ?
After all, this is online only & if it is totally reliant on designated servers, when's S:C's time up ?

Is that legal ? on an online only game ?
There's nothing in my 'online game manual' that says the game will only last for X amount of years, then you can't play it.

So I must be wrong aren't I ?
There's no specific dedicated servers that have an end date do they ?
(Just outta interest really).
Message 13 of 19 (634 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

planet_lee wrote:
Actually, XXxXXxXXMotorheadXXxxxxxxxXXxxxxX has a good point.

Are there actual servers ?
Isn't SOCOM:CA P2P ?

If there 'are' servers that the online element relies on, will the same happen to SOCOM:Conf ?
After all, this is online only & if it is totally reliant on designated servers, when's S:C's time up ?

Is that legal ? on an online only game ?
There's nothing in my 'online game manual' that says the game will only last for X amount of years, then you can't play it.

So I must be wrong aren't I ?
There's no specific dedicated servers that have an end date do they ?
(Just outta interest really).

A lot of online games used to contain within the actual software or the manual a little disclaimer that says online services may be withdrawn after a notification period to the community. Either that or a link to somewhere within either item where such a disclaimer could be found.

Without spending a bit of time looking im not sure if such things exist for CA or Confrontation, but as far as i have always been concerned, if they are going to switch off, they would tell us.

The fact that you can still play SOCOM 1 online (as far as i know) should speak volumes though.

MUCHOS EDIT:

Just had a good browse and on the back of my CA box, right above the white banner listing features there is a small text that says, and i quote

"Network capabilities may be subject to change, withdrawal and charge for use. Go to playstation.com for network capabilities access terms and availability in your country."

Im not so sure about Confrontation, i dont see anything right now, but often PSN titles will point you in the direction of this website for further terms and conditions.

Message Edited by I_reaps_I on 28-10-2009 09:30 PM
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19 (625 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

"Network capabilities may be subject to change, withdrawal and charge for use. Go to playstation.com for network capabilities access terms and availability in your country."

Quite a broad-sweeping disclaimer :smileytongue:

I'll wager both my testies that they are in the current T&C's of S:C too.

Oh well,

Hope SOCOM:C doesn't end (ever really).
Even if the new maps never come to light, I'm sure I'll still play it till the next one pops up,
(now & then).

XxX
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19 (614 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

planet_lee wrote:

Quite a broad-sweeping disclaimer :smileytongue:

I'll wager both my testies that they are in the current T&C's of S:C too.

Oh well,

Hope SOCOM:C doesn't end (ever really).
Even if the new maps never come to light, I'm sure I'll still play it till the next one pops up,
(now & then).

XxX

Tis the best type of disclaimer Lee :smileyvery-happy:

I did look for S:C, the only thing i could find was in  the terms of service (available through the store, this site and i believe are agreed to when you make a PSN account) and that says...

"We reserve the right to temporarily or permanently discontinue PSN and any and all services and content available through PSN at any time, including for service maintenance and upgrades. If PSN is permanently discontinued, Master Account holders will be able to obtain a refund on request for unused wallet funds and unused portions of subscriptions. "

Although i would definately not personally like to say that this is a broad disclaimer that says they can shut down S:C at their whim, i am in absolutely no position to suggest such things. This may just be talking about PSN itself. I am also very tired so may have missed things or overlooked another point in the terms dealing directly with individual titles or access to the online capabilities of titles.

Perhaps official clarification from the community team would help here? But as i say, personally given how long previous SOCOM titles have been available to play online (they are all still available to play online!!!) i dont think the closing of S:C servers is something we should worry about for a very long time :smileyhappy:

EDITO NUMERO TWO!

MY DISCLAIMER :smileyhappy:

Just like to point out that i know no more than anyone else here, so unless there is an official statement dont be scared by speculation or read too much into anything... Especially disclaimers that have existed from day one of play. I am just answering Lee's post as helpfully as i can with information that is readily available.

Message Edited by I_reaps_I on 28-10-2009 10:06 PM
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19 (608 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

If they close the S2 servers, we'll have to get online and have one last game! Even tho i went on a while back and thought it was terrible.

Don't give a funk about Combined Assualt tho.

:smileytongue:

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19 (593 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

This is what i mean all this time and nobody understands me.In some years,confrontation will have the same problems!
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19 (572 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

XMotorhead_CY wrote:
This is what i mean all this time and nobody understands me.In some years,confrontation will have the same problems!

Nah, we'll be playing the new Socom.

:smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19 (564 Views)
0 Kudos