Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Map Pack is worth it

KWAKA229 wrote:

I brought the Fu*king map pack, i downloaded it and then when i went to install it, it got to 14% and said it was corrupted data. i have tryd re downloading it and it still done the same thing, can some 1 please help me out i wabt to start playing socom again but untill i have the map pack i am not playing it.

If any 1 knows how to get it to work let me know.

Its an aussie game n i got it from the ps3 store

Ouch :smileysad:

You've come to the right place for help. As TallPaul said try to download, but do not download in the background. The good thing is that you've paid for it so it will only cost you in time and DL cap.

You may also want to check that you have a PSN - EU account and not trying to DL on a US or other country PSN account  :smileysad:

[This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.]

SPT Officer/Mod
SOCOM Tactical Officer
[www.sptroopers.com]
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 26 (909 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I am downloading it now. When I saw Blizzard on there, I thought oh man, I need to get this. Hopefully I can get back into SOCOM.

KT

Photobucket

HYBRID ILLUSION: www.myspace.com/hybridillusion
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 26 (900 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

psxcho wrote:

SECKSIUS_MAXIMUS wrote:
how does someone with a US socom go about getting it?

and how does it work if some people dont have the map pack? are there different medleys which include the map pack?

you need to get a US PSN card

http://shop.ebay.com.au/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1311&_nkw=us+psn+card&_sacat=See-All-Categorie...

then make a new a/c set your region to US access the PSN store dl the map pack.

and yes if you dont have the map pack there is still medleys etc to play.

this works because i did it a few weeks ago. Pretty much the only way to go as downloading cold front off the Aus/NZ PSN store wont work

PSN ID: hoppus4president

Games im playing - SOCOM confrontation, Resistance 2, MAG Beta, Uncharted 2
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 26 (874 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

There is or was several threads in Socom.com forums that tells you step by step how to download it all with a US account.  The clan I am with had a pool for downloads, so that we could all share it, I shared my downloads with 2 other people, I think I may have 1 left.  GO forum has a thread as well, Sixaxis also has some info on it.  Pretty surprised that Aus clans did not get organised to share downloads etc.

IMO the map pack is very well worth it, I am still a pretty ***** player but at least now there is more maps to be average on.

33rd brigade Marvex2

futurus quinymo quam ut videor
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 26 (829 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

kwaka did u ever solve the problem caus ei am haveing the same trouble

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 26 (735 Views)
Level 2

Playstation Staff

I added money to my wallet with my AMEx if people want to skip the hassle of buying PSN cards from the US. 

I ended up buying a $10 US PSN card without realising it was $14.99 US for the map pack. 

Its 42% d/l atm ... hopefully I dont face any of the problems some are suffering. 

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 26 (657 Views)