74%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Crysis 2/Bulletstorm/Killzone 3/Homefront

27 Replies 1,419 Views Created 15-02-2011

Ok so I have already got rid of Black Ops to make room for Killzone 3 (and Black Ops is STILL broken).

I have just found out that Homefront is out on Friday, and then Bulletstorm and Crysis 2 are out next Friday.

Which of those three will stand the test? (IE. Which should I pick up? I am getting KZ3, but can afford one other) I'm kind of swaying towards Crysis.

0 Kudos
LABELS:

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
/16

InfiniteStates

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

Try the demo for Bullet Storm... I thought it looked good, and it is - but the demo made me realise I can't be bothered to think of a unique way to kill all that cannon fodder.

I didn't realise Homefront was out on Friday - I secretly hope it gets rubbish reviews so I can skip it and not feel bad. It's a shame so many great games are coming this year, as many won't get played that fully deserve to.

Killzone 3 is a guaranteed purchase for me.

0 Kudos

Re: Crysis 2/Bulletstorm/Killzone 3/Homefront

/16

McCabe_1104

82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
McCabe_1104
Accepted Solution
Killzone 3 is a good chioce for all PS3 owners not sure which to get as its made for Sony exclusively its almost a guarantee that it will work just fine.
However, as the COD series has proven and alot of other multiformat games have, theres no such guarantee with the other games all we can do is hope that they have been ported to PS3 well.
Ive played Crysis 2 MP beta on sexbox and it was all good it the way it connected and played, some niggles with gameplay but thats all.
I agree with Infinitestates, Bulletstorm is fun but its not for me, Im not really into HAVING to kill people in different ways to score highly.
Homefront LOOKS awesome but who knows, again will it work well on PS3 or xbox for that matter. Its an unknown quantity.

I love FPS and I agree with you OP that a glutten of great FPS's in a short space of time may in fact mean they all dont get the consumer base that each deserve as all the gamers will be spread amongst them and all trying to level up.
0 Kudos

/16

timuss

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
timuss
Accepted Solution
Bulletstorm isn't for me tried the demo just couldn't get on with it. Killzone 3 im definatley getting played the beta and was impressed, just awaiting the single player demo later. Then Crysis 2 i think i may give that a go it looks amazing and it sounds like the developers have been squeezing out all the power that they can from the PS3 I just hope it gets a decent review.
0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

nerdlegend

• Award Winner
96%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
nerdlegend
Accepted Solution
Homefront going to be a sleep which holds a small online

Killzone 3 going to die fast as it aiming for a area of the market already done. And people are going to leave that game quick

Crysis 2 is a big enough name it could hold the most people it a mix of shooters sooo could do quite well. As long EA put out ads and people talk about it.

Bulletstorm sadly going to do what homefront going to do. That said it going to get good reviews
0 Kudos

Photobucket
/16

Heatster101

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Heatster101
Accepted Solution

Homefront is not out till 18th march according to play.com

Saying that i liked the bulletstorm demo, so it might be that or KZ3

Crysis and homefront i'll have to see till i can actually play em 1st before i buy,but looking good for the FPS this year

0 Kudos

/16

Ew_Tux

96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ew_Tux
Accepted Solution

nerdlegend wrote:

Bulletstorm sadly going to do what homefront going to do. That said it going to get good reviews

I don't believe that Bulletstorm has a competitive online mode, co op and online leaderboards only. So if a friend has it there should be no bother :D . 

This is what i'll be getting for some co op goodness with my friends. Homefront does look interesting , not sure about it though.

0 Kudos

/16

crackalakaling

88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
crackalakaling
Accepted Solution
am getting killzone 3 for sure but not sure about the others yet! Dint enjoy bullet storm, crysis the multiplayer I've seen so far doesn't impress me that much, might pick it up if the sp is good! As for homefront really like what I've seen so far of the mp, so I really hope it does well because it looks promising!
0 Kudos

/16

teh-gamer

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
teh-gamer
Accepted Solution
Killzone 3 - Doesn't intrest me
Homefront - Not heard much about it
Bulletstorm - Am I the only one that sees that this game will be in the bargain bin within 2-3 months
CRYSIS 2 - OMG, OMG, OMG I MUST OWN THIS GAME
0 Kudos

Teh gamer is doing a 24 hour game a thon for Shrewsbury and Telford hospital please give what you can here https://www.justgiving.com/Ifor-Edwards1
/16
21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TheObeseGalactus
Accepted Solution

@nerdlengend You make a good point but your english is not good therefore making you unreliable.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

GulfWarVet

• Beta Tester
84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GulfWarVet
Accepted Solution

traded Blackflops today.

not getting selloutzone of duty3

Bulletstorm not bothered

Crysis, no screenshots, no game play on PS3 no buy you ignorant gits at Crytek.

Homefront for me I think, maybe a sleper hit that builds a fan base.

Tide me over until the Return of the Messiah in Resistance3!!

0 Kudos

Follow gulfy on Twitter
Beta Tester
/16

DNAtlantic

• Beta Tester
97%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DNAtlantic
Accepted Solution
I would wait for Brink IF none of those games really interest you. But if you wanted to get at least one of these games, i would choose either KZ3 or Crysis 2
0 Kudos

/16

giretzim

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
giretzim
Accepted Solution

go for cysis 2.

0 Kudos

/16

Kirin1984

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kirin1984
Accepted Solution

I was thinking of posted a thread about this myself, and here it is!

As far as I was aware, Homefront is out 18th March, but I could be wrong.

According to Amazon (which isn't always the most reliable of sources), Crysis 2 (is it FPS or 3rd Person?), Brink and Ghost Recon: Future Soldier are all out on 25th/26th March.

Add this week's FPS releases Killzone 3 and Bulletstorm to the mix and you have SIX FPS games out in the space of a month!

I didn't enjoy the Bulletstorm demo so I have pretty much written that off (I know you can't get a well rounded opinion of the whole game from a demo, but it just didn't feel right).

I'm not really a hardcore FPS player, but do enjoy playing FPS that have a good mix of tight gameplay and a good storyline. With this in mind, i'm probably only going to play one or two of those mentioned above.

Brink (mainly because it's made by Bethesda), Crysis 2 and Homefront are the front-runners for me so far.

What do you all think?

0 Kudos

/16

Kirin1984

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kirin1984
Accepted Solution

Just have read some other threads before posting that. Brink not out till May. Looks good though!

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

InfiniteStates

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

Killzone 3, Brink and Deus Ex for me. And maybe Homefront if it becomes all the rage...

0 Kudos

/16

Deano2087

95%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Deano2087
Accepted Solution

I will be buying KZ3, Homefront and Crysis 2.... Roll on friday :D

0 Kudos

Playing: Tomb Raider, COD: ghosts
/16

MMAmickey

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MMAmickey
Accepted Solution
I've already got my copy of Killzone 3, and I'm enjoying it immensely. I just hope the developers fix the problems without caving to the pressure of the forum members (who are only happy when miserable). Barring patch-rape, I can see Killzone 3 lasting me a LONG time.

Out of the new FPS of 2011 I've already pre-ordered Crysis 2. It looks awesome, like really awesome. I just hope there's enough of a following that I can add some friends. Team play really sucks when you're with randoms.

Brink looks awesome. I'll want a demo before I buy, but so far I'm almost definitely going to get a copy.
0 Kudos

Games List for 2011: Killzone 3 - Crysis 2 - Battlefield 3 - Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
/16

Parv-B

97%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Parv-B
Accepted Solution

Can you guys please consider and help me on this post:

I've already got Killzone 3, havent played it yet, but I played the beta which gives me a rough idea of what its about.

However, I dont want to have 2 shooters, and for me its out of Crysis 2 and Killzone 3

Which one do you think will be the most exciting/frantic online in your opinion?

0 Kudos

/16

MMAmickey

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MMAmickey
Accepted Solution
Frantic? Definitely Killzone 3.
Crysis2 is 6v6 max on consoles. This means the game will probably be more tactical and rely on the suit's abilities to be used effectively etc. It won't be anywhere near as frantic and exciting as Killzone 3 is.
0 Kudos

Games List for 2011: Killzone 3 - Crysis 2 - Battlefield 3 - Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
/16

FightingFirst

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FightingFirst
Accepted Solution

Kirin1984 wrote:

Brink and Ghost Recon: Future Soldier are all out on 25th/26th March.

Errrr. no, GRAW2 and Brink arnet out at least for 2 months. GRAW2 is ages away Brink about 2-3 months (roughly off the top of my head)

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel