/16

RONNYNS

92%
06 Rank
Progress
RONNYNS
Accepted Solution

ytevo79 wrote:
It doesn't look right with HD graphics. I know you cant bring a game from the Wii and not touch the graphics but that is what gave the original game and the remake its charm.

you can always go back to the n64 version if you dont like the hd... :smileytongue:

0 Kudos

Re: GoldenEye goes HD: First PS3 screenshots

[ Edited ]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My PS3 career don't end in November 2013... Trey for life!
----
>>REMEMBER TO GIVE KUDOS IF YOU LIKE>>> Thumb up!
----

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
87%
03 Rank
Progress
obiadekanobi1980
Accepted Solution

looking like it should have all those years ago looking forward to this lets hope its got golden guns !!! love it when ppl say loks like blah blah, it IS the daddy of fps and one of the first i played on any console and how awsome is online going to be with our network infrastructure already in place woop

ODDJOB is mine short ass hat throwing ninja..... :xLol:

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

ArsenalMark

• Award Winner
95%
06 Rank
Progress
ArsenalMark
Accepted Solution
Yay more re-hashes of old *****.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
ytevo79
Accepted Solution

obiadekanobi1980 wrote:

looking like it should have all those years ago looking forward to this lets hope its got golden guns !!! love it when ppl say loks like blah blah, it IS the daddy of fps and one of the first i played on any console and how awsome is online going to be with our network infrastructure already in place woop

ODDJOB is mine short ass hat throwing ninja..... :xLol:

It WAS the daddy all those years ago when RARE made the game...

ArsenalMark wrote:
Yay more re-hashes of old *****.

Yes but sometimes (excluding this as its not out yet and it is coming from Activision ;)) we get to see how good games was back then, not how crap, mediocre and accessible they have become.

Have a read of this to see what I mean

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

INCUBA3E

• Beta Tester
80%
02 Rank
Progress
INCUBA3E
Accepted Solution

move support???

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

moriarty1975

• Award Winner
95%
10 Rank
Progress
moriarty1975
Accepted Solution

INCUBA3E wrote:

move support???

Yes.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

T-e-X

• Award Winner
95%
05 Rank
Progress
T-e-X
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bilber

96%
02 Rank
Progress
bilber
Accepted Solution
dont know anything about the wii version, but golden-eye n64 was a near perfect game, really wish they could make that again and for it to feel as good as it did all those years ago
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Mulletino

• Beta Tester
96%
08 Rank
Progress
Mulletino
Accepted Solution

obiadekanobi1980 wrote:

looking like it should have all those years ago looking forward to this lets hope its got golden guns

Both the PS3 Bond games have an online Golden Gun mode, as does the Wii version of Goldeneye so i'd assume this will also, it'd be insane to not include it.

0 Kudos

Online PS gaming since 2003 - http://www.oaps.org

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

T-e-X

• Award Winner
95%
05 Rank
Progress
T-e-X
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
ytevo79
Accepted Solution
Quantum of Solace had a brilliant online mode and I sunk some hours into that for the platinum :) In fact I'm going to see if I can still get in a few games today :)

The thing about this game tho is it has a big name to live up to, but do they really have to use the Goldeneye name after all these years? Just drop it, they can never live up to what RARE produced on the N64. I mean as a Bond fan, the film as good as it was doesn't even hold a classic status. Just name in 007 Reloded or something. At least It can't disappoint people then.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Mulletino

• Beta Tester
96%
08 Rank
Progress
Mulletino
Accepted Solution

ytevo79 wrote:
Quantum of Solace had a brilliant online mode and I sunk some hours into that for the platinum :) In fact I'm going to see if I can still get in a few games today :)

It was indeed an excellent and underated game. Much better than Bloodstone. It even felt very Goldeneye.

I had another go on the Wii Goldeneye last night (with a little "help" from two kittens) and it does do a great job of emulating a newer version of the original. Although i'm glad it doesn't use one stick.

Perfect Dark - now there was a multiplayer game. ;)

0 Kudos

Online PS gaming since 2003 - http://www.oaps.org

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
ytevo79
Accepted Solution

Mulletino wrote:

ytevo79 wrote:

It was indeed an excellent and underated game. Much better than Bloodstone. It even felt very Goldeneye.

I had another go on the Wii Goldeneye last night (with a little "help" from two kittens) and it does do a great job of emulating a newer version of the original. Although i'm glad it doesn't use one stick.

Perfect Dark - now there was a multiplayer game. ;)

Well I spent all day online yesterday and loved it :)

I had trouble getting in certain game modes and sometimes it would be me and another player waiting so I quit, tried another game mode and got into a few games and just had to keep repeating that when the room finished.

I agree with the Goldeney remark and I think Tryarch did a really good job. Playing the Facility level really did make it feel like a trip back in time and this was certainly the second best 007 game ever made :)

I don't have much faith in the HD remake tho, mainly because how serious it looks. Time will tell tho when people start playing it.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
ytevo79
Accepted Solution

NowGamers preview of the single player.

First things first: this isn’t the long-awaited GoldenEye HD remake that everyone who has hands has been clamouring for. That’s still locked away – finished - in the bowels of Microsoft/Nintendo/Rare HQ beyond an infinite river of fanboy tears, never to return. Or something. 

Instead, we’ve got this: a HD-ised version of the recently released Wii re-imagining. So far, it’s looking good if not great, playing like a cross between Call of Duty and the original classic. 

Like the aforementioned Wii version, Eurocom’s interpretation of the 1997 hit takes certain liberties with the licence to make it appeal to a more contemporary audience.

Given that most players of Call of Duty – a market this game is targeting, no question - probably think that the Cold War was a conflict where everyone had forgotten their jackets, the story has been updated by original GoldenEye screenwriter Bruce Feirstein. Old-school Russian-US tensions are out, the banking crisis is in, and Daniel Craig takes over from Pierce Brosnan.

The change in character also affects the gameplay. Brosnan’s Bond was no pansy, but Craig’s is a whole different animal. On our playthrough of the re-imagined Severnaya level – a snow covered Russian backwater that houses the GoldenEye control satellite - we used this new-found brutish physicality in the form of Boune-style takedowns, each of which involve some kind of head/blunt instrument interface and look truly painful.

If you’re not one for getting your hands dirty, however, you’ll be pleased to know that the new Bond’s thuggish tendancies are just one aspect of play. Eurocom is boasting that Reloaded will enable you to play Bond your way, whether that’s sneaking around your foes like some sort of communist or wading in like, well, Bond.

The Severnaya map didn’t quite enable us to do that: although there was plenty of scope for different play types, it felt as if we were moving between distinct phases of play, with clearly designated stealth and action moments.

Still, both types were enjoyable to play, with smaller, twisting, sneaking-focused corridors giving way to wide open spaces for Bond to let loose with his AK47, or whichever other weapon he’s prised from the dead hands of his enemies.

Again, it all plays very much like Call of Duty – the whole map feels like a retread of Modern Warfare 2’s ‘Contingency’ mission, which sees Price and Soap sniping in the snow – but when has that ever been a bad thing?

Never, especially as it means that the gunplay should be tight and responsive. Granted, character models aren’t brilliant (although, naturally, the Daniel Craig one is) and AI needs work, but we saw nothing intrinsically bad about Bond’s latest mission.

The demo ends with a huge shootout at the foot of the antenna base – the missions have been rejigged, so Bond arrives before a massive EMP strike in this version, not after it as before.

Meanwhile, a quick hands off walkthrough of the Dam level gives us the pleasing feeling that everything’s going to feel just like we remember it, even if it isn’t exactly the same.

Dam level over, it was time to put the nostalgia away and move into the present with a new mode Eurocom has dubbed ‘MI6 Ops’. Co-op focused, MI6 Ops breaks down into four distinct gametypes: Assault, Stealth, Elimination and Wave Defence.

Sadly, our experience of these was limited to hands-off, but what we saw gave us a good idea of what to expect when we get our hands on preview code.

Firing up Wave Defence, lead producer James Steer walks us through the map. Four nodes are dotted around, and players have to defend them from attack from enemy forces.

It’s your standard defend-the-objective gameplay but Eurocom are heavily pushing customization to keep players interested: you’ll be able to tweak the parameters of the games to come up with your own (sort of) modes, rules and regulations. It’s an interesting idea, and with Eurocom stating that it’ll add a further ten hours to the total gameplay we’re certainly interested.

Which just leaves multiplayer, which was tragically not on show. Details were forthcoming however: new characters, 16-player online play, split-screen local play and new game types dedicated to playing multiplayer more like a spy and less like a floating camera stuck on a gun.

All told it sounds like a solid effort. We might not be getting the GoldenEye game we really want, but we’re certainly getting the next best thing.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

TheNarrator

• MVP
95%
13 Rank
Progress
TheNarrator
Accepted Solution
are any of those pictures of Facility? it needs a good one, wondering if it can top Quantum of Solace's okish version of it 8). thats all Bond games are about really :P
0 Kudos

KZAM!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

nerdlegend

• Award Winner
96%
10 Rank
Progress
nerdlegend
Accepted Solution

It not goldeneye.....
Just a game carrying that great name

Did wonder when it would hit something other then the wii , shame can't be a real remake guess that too much trouble.

Along with the fact that game is raw TDM of today shooter styles...........so would be rough. Half looking forward to this........but would have liked a different title  

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Photobucket

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Jacko_the_lad

• Beta Tester
99%
13 Rank
Progress
Jacko_the_lad
Accepted Solution
I'm not the only one excited about this and cursing the fact it's out so close to other games I want, am I? :D
0 Kudos

Goldeneye Reloaded

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

TalllPaul

• Beta Tester
97%
11 Rank
Progress
TalllPaul
Accepted Solution
I want it after seeing the multiplayer trailer :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWC8ydrfp60

Never played the famous original.
0 Kudos

Re: Goldeneye Reloaded

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

TheNarrator

• MVP
95%
13 Rank
Progress
TheNarrator
Accepted Solution
yeah im really excited about the game aswell. not only is it a Bond game, but it s a Goldeneye game too :D

such a shame its being released at the worst possible time ever. they should have just delayed it a bit (heard some previews say it could do with a bit more work?). will totally be buying it at some point, just probably not on release.
0 Kudos

KZAM!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Jacko_the_lad

• Beta Tester
99%
13 Rank
Progress
Jacko_the_lad
Accepted Solution
It's out the 28th of October, right?

Same day as Battlefield 3 and only a week before Uncharted 3. :(
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Del_007

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Del_007
Accepted Solution

Bah,  can't keep up with this industry anymore. They've officially defeated me with insane amount of releases. Just recently got Gears and Rage and i already got Battlefield and Uncharted ordered and that's only a fraction of what interests me. I actually completley forgot this was coming out! Damn you Jacko!

*Sigh* Dare i say i might have to pass up on...Bond...particulary Goldeneye!...until a price drop that is.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel