02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Homefront

[ Edited ]
772 Replies 2,423 Views edited 15-12-2010

Just a friendly reminder that Homefront multiplayer will be supported with dedicated servers for Xbox 360 and PS3

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
MVP
/16

richard4481

• MVP
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
richard4481
Accepted Solution
traded it in at HMV got £35 on a gift card to good of a deal to resist

In principle the SP story line sounded and was portrayed to be a great story but it was really way to short , graphically it was not on par with the current line up of new releases around Mass Effect 2, Crysis 2 even Black Ops to mention a few.

Multiplayer once again in theory sounded and looked good at first glance but with all the niggles it had it got buried under the wave of other games I had.
0 Kudos

Re: Homefront

/16

tricky201

88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
tricky201
Accepted Solution

richard4481 wrote:
traded it in at HMV got £35 on a gift card to good of a deal to resist

Cheers for the heads up Rich.

I took it one step further and got Gamestation to price match them:Lol:

0 Kudos

Photobucket
/16

ukd69

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ukd69
Accepted Solution
30/03/11 20.56 Just played a few 32 player Ground Control - No lag, No Freezing, No lost in Rank etc

LOL Fingers Crossed that I can play some more tonight LOL
0 Kudos

/16

lennon666

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
lennon666
Accepted Solution
hello finally my post s show lol
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

skywarp00

97%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
skywarp00
Accepted Solution
ya they announced on facebook last night they "tweaked" the servers....
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

C_H_U_M_L_E_Y_S

• Beta Tester
96%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
C_H_U_M_L_E_Y_S
Accepted Solution
They announced it on facebook that they had "tweaked" the servers, maybe if they announced on there twitter page or in there "homefront" forums this info would of gotten on here, so at least people would of known something positive had changed on the game servers. Any news about the "patch"
0 Kudos

/16

AfxBGD

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AfxBGD
Accepted Solution

My second copy is now going up for sale lol! Anyway started the game and it locked on the MP in game screen for Ground War, reset the PS3 and started again but this time tried TDM. It loaded up and wow full 24 players! Played a laggy 15mins of game time (even though my ping bars were a healthy green) and then waited for the next map, sat there for like 3mins untill i realised the game had froze!Get up there you beauty!!

So that's it, i'm selling it! I've got better games to waste my time on tbh and this ain't one of them. Plus the fact i have it on the PC anyway and can get a game on there with np's at all! If i were you lot i'd sell it now while you still have a good price on it. Kaos did the same with Front Lines and totally and utterly funked that up too and the community was dead with in 3 months of the game release!

0 Kudos

/16

iWiLLsaVeU2

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
iWiLLsaVeU2
Accepted Solution
^thats fine...im keeping mine, this game wont last till end of may for the simple fact brink and L.A Noire come out on the 20th may lol.

The game will last april which is good since no games are out till may now ( part from socom, which i will get when its £20 :P)
0 Kudos

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original account - iWiLLsaVeU, forgot my password to it :(
/16

MrFl1bbl3

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MrFl1bbl3
Accepted Solution

Can't understand how this is laggy for you with dedicated servers in use?

I have a below 50% signal strength wireless connection and haven't experienced any lag at all and I'm now past rank 60. I've also never had my stats reset tho and I've seen some people reporting that too.

However on games like Blops and (to a lesser degree) KZ3 I can experience lag so its not that I'm immune to it.

The servers can still freeze your PS3 and you can still end up in half empty lobbies but this is happening a hell of a lot less now. Yesterday I tried to enter MP twice and both times it connected to a game first time and I could play numerous games on the trot without any problems. If people are finding this laggy then god knows what, well every other game out there is like for them.

I'd recommend the MP to anyone who enjoys FPS' but with the sidenote that the SP is short and very average and you'll need to have some patience whilst they refine the server/lobby system.

0 Kudos

/16

iWiLLsaVeU2

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
iWiLLsaVeU2
Accepted Solution

MrFl1bbl3 wrote:

I have a below 50% signal strength wireless connection and haven't experienced any lag at all and I'm now past rank 60. I've also never had my stats reset tho and I've seen some people reporting that too.

However on games like Blops and (to a lesser degree) KZ3 I can experience lag so its not that I'm immune to it.

The servers can still freeze your PS3 and you can still end up in half empty lobbies but this is happening a hell of a lot less now. Yesterday I tried to enter MP twice and both times it connected to a game first time and I could play numerous games on the trot without any problems. If people are finding this laggy then god knows what, well every other game out there is like for them.

I'd recommend the MP to anyone who enjoys FPS' but with the sidenote that the SP is short and very average and you'll need to have some patience whilst they refine the server/lobby system.

lol thats because its dedicated servers were as blops is p2p

and i also agree...i have had no problems with this game since release...i have crashed about 8 times max now, takes me a while to find a game (10mins tops) but once im in...im there to i want to turn my ps3 off + no lag at all :D

but hey ho the more people trade it in the more i get to play :P

0 Kudos

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original account - iWiLLsaVeU, forgot my password to it :(
/16

AfxBGD

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AfxBGD
Accepted Solution

MrFl1bbl3 wrote:

I was actually talking tosh there as it wasn't lag it was frame rate issues, sorry my bad slight tipsy last night.

On another note, i noticed on MW2 that my Nat Type is now moderate where as before it was open. I'll have to look into that!!!

0 Kudos

/16

MrFl1bbl3

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MrFl1bbl3
Accepted Solution

So you've returned HF (for the second time) because of 'frame rate issues' and current server unreliability and you're now playing MW2..... cause that's not a total, unbalanced mess that the devs never even tried to sort out is it.....!?

Your cred just took a knock tbh

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

Jacko_the_lad

• Beta Tester
99%
13 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Jacko_the_lad
Accepted Solution
The Homefront Twitter page has reported that a patch has gone live on 360. So PS3 should be soon.
0 Kudos

/16

AfxBGD

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AfxBGD
Accepted Solution

MrFl1bbl3 wrote:

So you've returned HF (for the second time) because of 'frame rate issues' and current server unreliability and you're now playing MW2..... cause that's not a total, unbalanced mess that the devs never even tried to sort out is it.....!?

Your cred just took a knock tbh

Hang on a sec, who are you again? I've been playing online MP games for the last 12 years m8 so don't come here trying to be smart! And yes the game has certain frame rate issues which is probably normal for the size of the game and what is going on at the time. The main problem with this game are the lobby's and the freezing when trying to click into a MP mode, and you think that is ok?

And MW2 is bad? that's your opinion isn't it but it isn't mine. If you want i can say i was playing CS:S last night, you ever played that? probably not and that's where credibility lies.....

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Yaster

• Beta Tester
93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Yaster
Accepted Solution
Can we settle down here and refrain from the personal insults? ta.
0 Kudos

yaster's Streambadge
/16

skywarp00

97%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
skywarp00
Accepted Solution
hmmmmm i want my ps3 patch! come on kaos! Shouldnt be too long as most engineers are responsable for both consoles not just one. Depends if they using low lying hardware tools to fix the freeze or not or maybe they just pushed it too far and thats what caused the issues in the first place. I still cant comprehend why the lobby system is so broken....for dedicated servers it doesnt make sence to behave that way.

Ill keep my eye on their facebook as always and pray for the patch soon!
0 Kudos

/16

AfxBGD

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AfxBGD
Accepted Solution

Yaster wrote:
Can we settle down here and refrain from the personal insults? ta.

Trouble is Yas i've been slightly burned with Kaos Studios last attempt at a MP online game. They did not heed to their online community and subsequently it went belly up. I see the same happening with this latest effort even though it does have certain qualites.

0 Kudos

/16

Juby1

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Juby1
Accepted Solution

@AfxBGD - I'm with you on this (not COD - cant stand it). There is a good game hiding under all the server issues which is the only reason I still have it. 1 in 5 games works well for me with no hit detection issues, frame rate, lag, freeze, etc and then it is really enjoyable. But the other 4 games can be a frustrating mash of bullets not hitting targets even from close range, lag where players are warping or just appear and disappear then shoot me, freezes, etc.

Lag is possible, even with dedicated servers - it just depends where the server is that you connect to. Check your connection strength. Some games mine is always red and the game is virtually unplayable. Possibly means I have been dumped into a server on the opposite side of the planet - how else can I be sharing a server almost totally populated with Yanks if I'm in an EU server? If I quit the games with poor connection and reconnect - if I dont end up in an empty lobby - my connection generally goes green and I'm playing with Europeans.

Last night things seemed better - didnt end up in any empty lobbies and connection was good and didnt hear a Yank accent all night... OK I need to brush up on my French or German to join in the chat - but the game behaved until I froze and had to restart but got straight back into another in-progress game with good connection.

If they fix the server and freezing issues this could still be one of the better MP games going currently, if not I feel it will fade away - which would be a shame.

0 Kudos

Juby1
/16

MrFl1bbl3

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MrFl1bbl3
Accepted Solution

If you still enjoy MW2 and don't think its an unbalanced, glitchy mess, with horrid connections/lag  and which encourages people to play it in the cheapest of ways then keep on playing it tbh!

... and to complain about HF's supposed frame rate issues whilst happily playing MW2 is inconsistent to say the least.......

Without trying to be 'smart' or insulting its obvious that if you enjoy MW2 then we are very different gamers with different tastes! If you don't like HF, fine don't play it but don't feel the need to come on the forum to bash it daily, that just seems like borderline trolling tbh.

P.S. I used to PC game and yes I've played Counter Strike..... tbh I've played online longer than 12 years not that it means anything. 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

AfxBGD

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AfxBGD
Accepted Solution

MrFl1bbl3 wrote:

If you still enjoy MW2 and don't think its an unbalanced, glitchy mess, with horrid connections/lag  and which encourages people to play it in the cheapest of ways then keep on playing it tbh!

... and to complain about HF's supposed frame rate issues whilst happily playing MW2 is inconsistent to say the least.......

Without trying to be 'smart' or insulting its obvious that if you enjoy MW2 then we are very different gamers with different tastes! If you don't like HF, fine don't play it but don't feel the need to come on the forum to bash it daily, that just seems like borderline trolling tbh.

P.S. I used to PC game and yes I've played Counter Strike..... tbh I've played online longer than 12 years not that it means anything. 

Jesus man calm down! where the hell did i say i don't like HF? i haven't said that have i, i'm clearly stating the fact that the game has issues and if Kaos don't act then the community will die just as Front Lines did a few years back.

The game is fun once you get the bloody thing going. Yes it's unpolished, yes there is frame rate issues, lag, hit detection but that's normal for a just released game. It's the freezing on the MP menu or the lack of players in lobby's that's slightly annoying! And like juby has stated if you get into a server it's full of Americans.

As for MW2, well that's a game i'll probably pop onto when i have nothing better to do. It's mindless fun and not at all like you have stated. It's just been patched again but you wouldn't know because your too blinkered on what you know from when it was released. Maybe have another go of the game before you bash it.

As for stating you have been playing online longer, well it seems your just wanting to get a word in edge ways doesn't it. And if you have been gaming online longer that leads me to believe your in your 30's like me? If you are then can we stop the negative childish remarks?

Oh and one more thing i'm a BF player not a CoD player.

0 Kudos

/16

MrFl1bbl3

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MrFl1bbl3
Accepted Solution

No lag, hit detection or frame rate issues in HF for me or my other friends playing it at all tbh.

Yes the lobby's are still dodgy and it often takes a few goes to get in.

The online is full of americans because that's where the vast majority of the sales have been so far I imagine.

MW2 isn't like I stated......!?

so they've fixed that big rock in Fuel you could get in then for example?

people aren't still using noob tubes and one man army getting cheap kills or running around knifing?

there aren't any glitched lobbys now?

One of my mates had his MW2 profile attacked by lobby hackers two weeks ago and now he can never rank up or unlock anything without deleting all his data. I still own the game I just haven't played it since the end of last year, are you honestly telling me things have significantly changed for the better since then? Somehow I doubt that tbh. I'm refering to MW2 not just because you mentioned it but also I think it puts some perspective on HF and Kaos and giving them a chance to sort things out, things which much bigger, richer Devs never even bothered to try to fix. The Black Ops lobby system was soo screwed for 8 weeks that we couldn't play any games together, HF has been out 2 weeks and Kaos stumped up the cash for dedicated servers, they deserve kudos for that and I'm not soo impatient that I won't give them the chance to smooth out the bumps, afterall there's always other games to play.

Oh and you brought up how long you'd played online like it was relevant, not really fair to turn it back on me as if my response was childish but the original comment wasn't. I'm calm btw I don't get worked up talking about video games tbh.

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel