By carston101

carston101

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Star Wars Battlefront 3

5 Replies 240 Views Created 15-04-2012

I have played and own Star Wars Battlefront 1 & 2 for PC and PS2. they are awesome!Smiley LOL I would love it if u made SWB3 for ps3. I would buy it right away! I have been waiting for SWB3 ever since I first played SWB2. If u agree comment, or comment just to share ur opinion. GO STAR WARS!!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (240 Views)
0 Kudos
Alex-Carter
/16

Alex-Carter

82%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: Star Wars Battlefront 3

yeh i loved star wars battlefront 2 it was amazing , mainly the space battles i wish there was more games that had these big space battles like seen in battlefront 2 just flying around and into the enemy hangar was so amazing Smiley Very Happy
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (217 Views)
0 Kudos
Causton97
/16

Causton97

95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

May I recommend the soon to be released Starhawk? I too had both of the Ps2 Battlefront games and absolutely loved them. I have been waiting for Battlefront 3 since but with Spark Unlimited's (the suspected developer) announcement that they were NOT working on Battlefront 3, but on Lost Planet 3, I have given up hope.

We'll just have to remember the happy memories...

Starhawk though seems fairly similar to Battlefront with some changes like the obvious fact that it isn't in a Star Wars setting.

I know there are psp versions of Battlefront which I can play on the Vita but I'm not too sure on them.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (189 Views)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
ytevo79
Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Old news now but I've only just seen this thread.

carston101 wrote:

I have played and own Star Wars Battlefront 1 & 2 for PC and PS2. they are awesome!Smiley LOL I would love it if u made SWB3 for ps3. I would buy it right away! I have been waiting for SWB3 ever since I first played SWB2. If u agree comment, or comment just to share ur opinion. GO STAR WARS!!!

Well you would have been playing it now made by Free Radical/Crytek UK and maybe even Battlefront 4 if greedy LucusArts didn't scrap them! Smiley Sad

As a result of the crumbling relationship between the two companies, Battlefront 3 and 4 were both scrapped. However, while the latter barely progressed beyond the early tech stage, Battlefront 3 was in a near-complete state. 

http://www.psu.com/Star-Wars-Battlefront-3-was-in-development-at-Free-Radical--a015145-p0.php

And to think Battlfront 3 was just going through final testing stages before going gold as well. So, so sad

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (174 Views)
0 Kudos
metallicorphan
/16

metallicorphan

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Come to the LucasArts forums and in particular the 'Star Wars Battlefront III Speculation' thread that started in 2005 and is 1190 pages long and has 11,893 replies Smiley Tongue

FF14:ARR-Mancunian Metal

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (146 Views)
0 Kudos
KIERONOO
/16

KIERONOO

94%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

I think there's something in the works for this game. I think if nothing is announced this year which I don't think there will be I'll be looking at e3 2013 and maybe it being on next gen maybe?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (136 Views)
0 Kudos