06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Starhawk or Ghost Recon FS?

16 Replies 679 Views Created 22-05-2012

Hey all...

I think this friday/weekend i am going to be hit with the most difficult of situations....

Do i get Starhawk or do i go for GRFS?

For once i am actually stuck, i dont know what to go for!

Played both at game fest, loved em both... Played GRFS Beta loved it!

So i ask you guys to help me out!

Please let me know the following (to the best that you can):

Value for money?

Single player strength?

Clan/team support online?

Graphics?

Best place to buy from?

Anything else?

I hope for some feed back and i will post my decision up when it has been made!

0 Kudos
LABELS:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

XxLucky_7xX

41%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
XxLucky_7xX
Accepted Solution

I really can't tell you which one to get due to "To his/her own taste" but here are my opinions on the questions you asked:

Value for money?:

Starhawk: You get a ton for your money here. For 60 bucks you get modes like TDM, DM, Zones (Kinda like conquest on BF3), CTF with a total of 5 maps (correct me if I am wrong). Don't let the 5 maps thing be a "no-buy" decision. They are already working on map packs which will all be FREE and every battle is different due to the build and battle system. Customizable games down to the last crumb, Insane clan support, ect. Alot of bang for your buck in this game. It also has campaign and co-op

GRFS: A tactical (per-say) Third person shooter. It wasn't what I was expecting due to the previous games but the online is fun. The Gunsmith is innovative imo and should be used as an example in future coming games. You get Conflict (random objectives with respawn), Sabuteor(sp?) (Like CTF with respawn), Decoy (3 objectives and 1 holds a key. Get 2/3 keys to win with respawn) and a no-respawn type mode (this is where it feels somewhat like Socom). It has single player campaign, co-op campaign, Guerilla Mode (Horde Mode), and Online Multiplayer.

Single player strength?

Starhawk: I would give it a 7.5/10. It's not meant to be a campaign type game. It's just in there as a filler to introduce you to the multiplayer

GRFS: Again a 7.5/10. It could have been more but it wasn't the best of shooter campaigns.

Clan/team support online?:

Starhawk: Here is where it shines. The clan support for this game is phenominal. I haven't seen clan support like this since my days of socom. Reminds me more of a guild system built into a shooter. A definite pro in my book

GRFS: Not as good as starhawk's clan support but again it has the features that a clan needs in order to function properly without having to refer to Third Party Sites.

Graphics?:

Starhawk: I would say a 8.5/10. Nothing new when it comes to console graphics but nothing like the copy-and-paste dynamics that CoD uses. I was actually impressed by the range of which you can see things. For example: If I fire a rocket from one side of the map, then I can see it explode at the very opposite side.

GRFS: I cannot comment on this yet because I think there is a bug where it shows the game in a lower resolution. Nothing game breaking like some other games I won't mention (*ahem* Brink *ahem*) but still, I will give it time for a patch to come through

Best place to buy from?: Dunno, gamestop maybe? I live in the US so I don't know what kind of stores are in EU

Anything else?: Imo, I can't say which game is better. GRFS has that socom feel which I have been having withdrawls for years lol but all in all I would have to say get Starhawk. The dev team is amazing. They care about their community so much that they decided to release all map packs for free so the community wouldn't be split up upon each new map. Since Sony themselves are sponsering the game, you can bet the patches will move up to the top of the list to get sent out (but that's a guess). Hope my info influences your decision some 

Re: Starhawk or Ghost Recon FS?

/16

YER_MAW_JUST

87%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
YER_MAW_JUST
Accepted Solution
i would get none
0 Kudos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Intel® Core™ i7-990x (3.46GHz, 12MB, 6.4GT/sec)
English Genuine Windows® 8 64 BIT
Dual 6GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX Titan
6144MB (3x2GB) 1866MHz DDR3 Tri Channel
512GB Solid State Drive Raid 0 "Stripe" Dual HDD - (2x256GB)
256GB Solid State SATA Additional Drive
Blu-Ray RW (Blu-ray, DVD, CD read & write) & 24X DVD+/-RW
Killer™ 2100 Network Card
Soundblaster XFi Titanium PCIe card

/16

Wrathchild68

89%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wrathchild68
Accepted Solution

I would check out Metacritic as well. Quite a lot of people saying that they are enjoying the game and that the online is fun. Just stay away from the official Ubi/Ghost Recon forums because it's full of trolls all slating the game.

0 Kudos

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!
/16

obliviondoll

83%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
obliviondoll
Accepted Solution

And I'd recommend Starhawk because it's made by a company who are likely to actually provide support if and when things go wrong.

Ubisoft don't fix problems. They break working aspects of the game when people complain about something broken, then say "too late, we're working on a sequel" 3 months after promising a new patch to fix the problems that hadn't been there on release.

0 Kudos

/16

The-Sea-Trout

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
The-Sea-Trout
Accepted Solution

I would go with Ghost Recon mate.

I got the full game yesterday and it is awesome.

The campaign has been excellent so far, im about 4 missions in. The multiplayer is very tactical and very enjoyable. The Guerilla mode which is basically a Horde style mode is great fun and puts a lot of other Horde modes from other games to shame.

All in all im very impressed with Ghost Recon so far and can see myself playing it for a long time.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Cringles88

• Beta Tester
86%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cringles88
Accepted Solution

I just traded in a few games towards GR:FS. One of the games traded was Star Hawk. I enjoyed Starhawk, but I'm hardly playing it, & I wasn't fussed on the map or the overall gameplay. I still recommend people to play it. Warhawk never grabbed me either, it';s just not my thing.

0 Kudos

/16

trogdorbear

65%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
trogdorbear
Accepted Solution

only thing Starhawk does better is the horde mode, then rest Ghost recon is the best from miles away. if you dont believe check from another source that isnt here for unbiased-not-fanboy reviews and opinions.

0 Kudos

/16

Ew_Tux

97%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ew_Tux
Accepted Solution

I have both games and personally would recommend GRFS for better value for money, the single player is way better as is the multiplayer.

I have given up on the starhawk multiplayer do to the spawn killing etc. It just got so annoying. I have not been able to put away GRFS yet, i find it that much fun.

0 Kudos

/16
60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
x-_vodka_paul_-x
Accepted Solution

ghost recon future solider is excellent apart from the developers that failed the private p2p only for co op and single player

the multiplayer is a blast and the weapon upgrades are ace were you can change everything on that gun throgh upgrades

multiplayer is based on working as a team player and using stealth tactics as if you run and gun like i did for the first 3 matches you`ll be killed in a matter of seconds

story looks brillant so far

0 Kudos

/16

video-voodoo

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
video-voodoo
Accepted Solution

i got both, grfs on 360 and I must admint it's taking up most of my time at the moment, still keeping starhawk, might go back to it when i'm done with gr, hopefully they'd have sorted the base rape by then

0 Kudos

/16

WESTIE_UK

83%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
WESTIE_UK
Accepted Solution

Just to let you all know,

i went for GRFS!

very happy with my purchase!

Thanks forumers =D

0 Kudos

/16

Wrathchild68

89%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wrathchild68
Accepted Solution

WESTIE_UK wrote:

i went for GRFS!

Thanks forumers =D

I enjoy the game when it's played properly. Last Friday night was a bit of a nightmare with people just camping for kills and forgetting the objective.

Last night was actually ok, I was getting into some good games with people helping each other out and capturing/defending when needed. I'm beginning to think that Friday nights are noob night.

Got to laugh over on the official Ubi forums though, the amount of people complaining about lag is ridiculous. I hardly get any, probably one bad game a night in 3-4 hours, which is easily sorted.

0 Kudos

Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!
/16

Ew_Tux

97%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ew_Tux
Accepted Solution

Wrathchild68 wrote:

WESTIE_UK wrote:

i went for GRFS!

Thanks forumers =D

I enjoy the game when it's played properly. Last Friday night was a bit of a nightmare with people just camping for kills and forgetting the objective.

Last night was actually ok, I was getting into some good games with people helping each other out and capturing/defending when needed. I'm beginning to think that Friday nights are noob night.

Got to laugh over on the official Ubi forums though, the amount of people complaining about lag is ridiculous. I hardly get any, probably one bad game a night in 3-4 hours, which is easily sorted.

Agreed, although last night was pretty ***** poor with the laggy games :( , I'm normally fine but no matter what i did last night, every one on one i lost and when looking that the killcam it didn't even come close on my screen :smileymad:

Lets hope tonight is better ... 

0 Kudos

/16

Wrathchild68

89%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wrathchild68
Accepted Solution

I take back what I said before! Tonight there were some pretty horrendously laggy games, first time I've had this happen since I've owned the game. Every third or fourth game was bad, it was just certain people and I could see them floating across the map.

0 Kudos

/16

WESTIE_UK

83%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
WESTIE_UK
Accepted Solution

funny you should say that guys....

last night i thought that the lag was horendous, thought it was my net, but perhaps not....

for example many times last night i would pummel a couple of opponents then suddenly im on a one on one, i spray the guy with virtual lead, his guy stops moving, i get the kill points, say 5 to 10 seconds later im killed by that guy! Watching the kill cam and his guy is standing still, bullets flying no where near me but i still drop!

for me this is the only thing affecting the game in a negative way! --- Apart from my desire to still play Socom Confrontation!

If you guys wanna add me up please feel free! :Thumbs:

0 Kudos

/16

Ew_Tux

97%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ew_Tux
Accepted Solution

My co op buddy went and got GRFS as well and we played some Guerilla last night , really well done and worked perfectly. We got up to wave 17 last night, i like the fact that you can stop and just continue from that wave onwards next time you start.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel