Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

The Wednesday Event - next event - Ghost Recon Future Soldier - 30/5

[ Edited ]
246 Replies 8,937 Views edited 26-05-2012

Welcome to the Wednesday Event 2012!

It's a new year so it's time for a new approach to the OP in the general Wednesday Event discussion thread.

Don't worry not much has changed with the event itself, although Killzone 3 is now back in the fold.  For the foreseeable future we will be rotating between Resistance 3, Battlefield 3 and Killzone 3.  What I will be doing with this OP is I will be trying to update it as often as I can with dates and whatnot.

All you need to know here is that the Wednesday Event is a series of fun nights for you the community to get together to play on some of your favourite shooters, to find out how to take part, follow the links below:

This week's event is on Ghost recon Future Soldier.  You will find the sign up thread here: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/War-Shoot-Em-Ups-General/The-Wednesday-Event-Ghost-Recon-Futu...

mw3.JPG

Visit the thread here: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Call-of-Duty/The-Wednesday-Event-Call-of-Duty-MW3-18-4-12/td-...

Battlefield3_Logo.png

Visit the thread here: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Battlefield/Wednesday-Event-Battlefield-3/td-p/14666019

Resistance_3_Competition_Logo.png

Visit the thead here: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Resistance-Online/Wednesday-Event-Resistance-3/td-p/14758897

KZ3_Logo_Orange.png

Visit the thread here: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Killzone/Wednesday-Event-Killzone-3/td-p/14819825

LABELS:
yaster's Streambadge
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
/16

Yaster

• Beta Tester
93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Yaster
Accepted Solution

Cringles88 wrote:

I think it works great the way it is at the minute. Although I have wondered why none of us in the community have tried to organise a event night, outside of the usual Wed & Sun slots.

I have good craic playing BF3 on Wed & Sunday, that I wish I could jump in again with the forum guys & girls any day of the week.

So if some of us were to just organise an event night for say BF3, just because it's the only game I'm playing on the PS3 at the minute, would any of the ''Bold Blue Gang'' oppose? haha 

Even if none of the Mods? Is that what you guys are? haha. So even if none of you guys were there, or you were doing an event night for another game, you wouldn't be annoyed that some of us went & did our own night?

This all sounded better in my head, I've lost track & tried to type this out a few times. 

I think just rotating new releases & the most popular works fine. You could have a vote for some old classic to see if people want to have say, a GTAIV night, or RDR night.

Any event run by the community is fine by us.  Even if it clashes with another, although in the interests of WASEU I would advise the event not to be on the same time, with about an hour given.

At present the WASEU Calendar looks like this:

Monday: MAG (doubt Vissy would mind something clashing with this)

Tuesday: Nothing

Wednesday:  Wednesday Event

Thursday: CoD Nostalgia

Friday: CoD Friday

Saturday: Killzone AM (at 11 in the morning)

Sunday: Battlefield (in the evening)

The evening events usually start at 8pm so there's plenty of slots up for grabs.  My advise is to start something at 9 or 10 if you don't mind staying up til about 12 or afterwards.

In order for the event to be featured on PlayStation.com though there may need to be a couple of parameters set, not sure what these are at the moment, but being featured in the Events forum is easy enough.  If it's a shooter, just ask me.

Also, I'm sure Wretched_Hawk would appreciate a GTA4 or RDR fun night.  He does what I do in the Action/Adventure category.  drop him a PM if you're wanting to do an event up there.

0 Kudos

Re: The Wednesday Event

yaster's Streambadge
/16

ohmsford

84%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ohmsford
Accepted Solution

I would certainly be up for getting involved in more these sorts of events, however I do find them quite poorly advertised.

I know theres a calender over at uk.playstation.com but I hardley visit that site, is there anyway to get a calender on these forums?  I dont always have a huge amount of time to sit at the computer to check whats going on and any time I do have I want to be playing games :smileyhappy:

I just bought R3 so would really like to see that be kept in the playlist, however I did trade in KZ3 and SOCOM4 due to the fact that no one played them. And what about MAG? That were an awesome game that surely deserves to be revisited, or is the population just not there anymore?

As I said, I'd love to attend more. But I dont always know whats going on. I think that having the community events as a seperate forum is a step in the right direction.

0 Kudos

Photobucket
Beta Tester
/16

mattsimmo

• Beta Tester
96%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mattsimmo
Accepted Solution

ohmsford wrote:

I would certainly be up for getting involved in more these sorts of events, however I do find them quite poorly advertised.

I know theres a calender over at uk.playstation.com but I hardley visit that site, is there anyway to get a calender on these forums?  I dont always have a huge amount of time to sit at the computer to check whats going on and any time I do have I want to be playing games :smileyhappy:

I just bought R3 so would really like to see that be kept in the playlist, however I did trade in KZ3 and SOCOM4 due to the fact that no one played them. And what about MAG? That were an awesome game that surely deserves to be revisited, or is the population just not there anymore?

As I said, I'd love to attend more. But I dont always know whats going on. I think that having the community events as a seperate forum is a step in the right direction.

check out the recently added section here - let's you know what's going on through the week... :)

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Community-Events/bd-p/bEN_CommunityEvents

plus - if you know there's a calendar but you hardly visit it, that's not really classed as poor advertising ;)

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

ohmsford

84%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ohmsford
Accepted Solution
While I do browse the forums everyday, I do not visit playstation.com everyday.

What if for say, I logged onto these here forums and there was a banner somewhere that 'Battlefield tonight 8pm' Am I more likely to see that?

My main forum I visit is PS3 GD. I check out the Battlefield, WASUP and the RPG forums maybe every other day or so......if I have time. So what are the chances of me seeing that say an Uncharted event is being held, or a cod one or a killzone one?

Looking at this thread there hasnt been a wednesday event since October. Would that be accurate?

Yes I know theres a calender, but that doesnt mean that its good advertising. How many people view these forums without having a clue that such a calender exists? Why isnt the calender actually on the playstation community site? A calender that is there to serve the playstation community.

To be honest the only way I do hear about events is through twitter.

I'm assuming that the only reason we are being asked for feedback is through poor attendance of certain events. I know cos I've been there. I was at the socom events were only around 8 turned up. I was at Mortal Kombat events were only 4 or 5 turned up. The fact is that people dont visit every part of the forum on a regular basis. Someone needs to tell us what events are taking place and when.

I was asked for feedback and thats my feedback.....the reasons why I dont attend more often and why. And what games I would like to see.
0 Kudos

Photobucket
/16

ohmsford

84%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ohmsford
Accepted Solution

Admittly the above post was done in haste. So I checked out uk.playstation.com to check out this calender.

CapturePSN.JPG

So.....sunday 15, hey thats today! Theres an event........Everybody's Golf World Tour.........Ah darn I really wanted to play some Battlefield :smileyhappy:

Are the events well advertised? No it appears not.

0 Kudos

Photobucket
Award Winner
/16

Moghal2007

• Award Winner
95%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Moghal2007
Accepted Solution
I didn't even know a calender existed :(. Like Mr. Ohmsford said, if there is one on the community forums it would be helpful (unless there already is one hidded somewhere :P)
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Yaster

• Beta Tester
93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Yaster
Accepted Solution

ohmsford wrote:

Looking at this thread there hasnt been a wednesday event since October. Would that be accurate?

No, there's been one every week apart from 2 over Xmas and the downtime in May.  This thread is really meant for general discussion of the event.  The actual event sign-up threads are located in the games forums, unless the game does not have a forum (Homefront etc) then we ask them to sign up here.

The reason feedback is being asked for is not because of low attendance numbers, Modern Warfare  and Battlefield 3 usually get full rooms, as does Killzone 3 I've realised.  The thing is that we already have BF, CoD and Killzone events, I was asking if people wanted to see other games in this event.

0 Kudos

yaster's Streambadge
Beta Tester
/16

mattsimmo

• Beta Tester
96%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mattsimmo
Accepted Solution
Mr Yaster, just an FYI, the link to the Wed event (behind the graphic on the right) seems to have a rogue " after the linky. just need removing for it to work ok.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Community-Events/bd-p/bEN_CommunityEvents
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Envisager

• Community Manager
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Envisager
Accepted Solution

mattsimmo wrote:
Mr Yaster, just an FYI, the link to the Wed event (behind the graphic on the right) seems to have a rogue " after the linky. just need removing for it to work ok.

Fixed!

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

mattsimmo

• Beta Tester
96%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mattsimmo
Accepted Solution

^ :)

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Yaster

• Beta Tester
93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Yaster
Accepted Solution

http://uk.playstation.com/psn/events/?startDate=22-01-2012#eventsCalendar

There we go, BF Sundays and CoD Nostalgia added to the Events Calendar

0 Kudos

yaster's Streambadge
Beta Tester
/16

Yaster

• Beta Tester
93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Yaster
Accepted Solution

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/The-Community-Awards/Best-Community-event-or-contest-Voting/t...

Vote for the Wednesday Event to prevent smugness from LordRoss!

Vote for The Wednesday Event in the Community Awards

yaster's Streambadge
Beta Tester
/16

Yaster

• Beta Tester
93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Yaster
Accepted Solution

No WASEU Wednesday Event this week, but if you're up for a bit of shooter action, come and join us in Uncharted 3

See this thread for more details

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Uncharted/Community-Event-Uncharted-Mirage-of-Deceit/m-p/1524...

0 Kudos

Re: Vote for The Wednesday Event in the Community Awards

yaster's Streambadge
MVP
/16

TheNarrator

• MVP
94%
13 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TheNarrator
Accepted Solution

yo dudes, as part of Yasters Wednesday Event, we're having a game of Killzone 3!

heres the thread for anyone who wants to join in:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Killzone/KZ3-Event-UK-vs-Italy-Weds-28th-March/m-p/15500751#M...

0 Kudos

The Wednesday Event! next event - Killzone 3 - 28/3

KZAM!
Beta Tester
/16

Yaster

• Beta Tester
93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Yaster
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

Re: The Wednesday Event - next event - Resistance 3 - 25/4

yaster's Streambadge
Beta Tester
/16

Yaster

• Beta Tester
93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Yaster
Accepted Solution

OK guys, I've been on a bit of a posting frenzy here in WASEUGD because of all this Retro June stuff.  Just to let you know that May isn't going by unplanned.

In a moment I am going to set up a new event for Killzone 3 and the rest of May should turn out like this:

2nd May Killzone 3

9th May  Killzone 3

16th May Starhawk

23rd May Starhawk

30th May Ghost Recon

0 Kudos

Re: The Wednesday Event - next event - Resistance 3 - 25/4

yaster's Streambadge
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel