Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

  • 60

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
25 Mar 2011
By deltaman-3

deltaman-3

  • Offline
92%
02 Rank
Progress

crysis 2 moderate

10 Replies 1,124 Views Created 25-03-2011
25 Mar 2011
By deltaman-3

in the bottom left corner,when ur on multiplayer mines says NAT TYPE:MODERATE.what does ur say.

Reply
0 Kudos
Reply
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

GrandTheftAli

  • Offline
80%
02 Rank
Progress
GrandTheftAli
Accepted Solution

same, all my games say moderate, think its cause i connected to my router via a homeplug

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: crysis 2 moderate

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

bazzz

  • Offline
93%
05 Rank
Progress
bazzz
Accepted Solution
It's EA's servers,the same with most of their online PS3 games.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: crysis 2 moderate

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

Spirit0fLight

  • Offline
90%
05 Rank
Progress
Spirit0fLight
Accepted Solution

 


bazzz wrote:
It's EA's servers,the same with most of their online PS3 games.

 

So we don't have to worry about it then?

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: crysis 2 moderate

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
10
/16

InfiniteStates

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
94%
10 Rank
Progress
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

Is it a cheap way of making you wonder if shoddy network code is somehow your fault? :)

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: crysis 2 moderate

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
10
/16

nerdlegend

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
96%
10 Rank
Progress
nerdlegend
Accepted Solution

 


bazzz wrote:
It's EA's servers,the same with most of their online PS3 games.

 

No it not

 

Crysis 2 running on P2P

;)

 

Moderate basic telling you your network giving a nat type 2 out.

You have a firewall or router blocking connection to you.

 

Nat type 2 fine , if your having issues on nat type change some ports open them up.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: crysis 2 moderate

Photobucket

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

bazzz

  • Offline
93%
05 Rank
Progress
bazzz
Accepted Solution

nerdlegend wrote:

 


bazzz wrote:
It's EA's servers,the same with most of their online PS3 games.

 

No it not

 

Crysis 2 running on P2P

;)

 

Moderate basic telling you your network giving a nat type 2 out.

You have a firewall or router blocking connection to you.

 

Nat type 2 fine , if your having issues on nat type change some ports open them up.


I'm not going to get into an argument about this(i'm not that type of poster).But it's a well known fact that many of EA's game servers(not dedicated) are of the root of many connection issues.I'm no expert in the field of dedicated servers or the cheap option of P2P.But the problems that stem from p2p outweigh the dedicated server option...ie host migration,severe sync issues and general disconnects.Which at the end of the day gives the user false connection readings.

 

This is just my opinion and like I said I don't know too much about this.But I think the fact that you have to sign in to EA's servers for P2P gaming defeats the whole P2P purpose.Like I know the game needs to collect data about your stats and progress,but doing so whilst you are in game has a knock on effect on your p2p connection.Why not wait till players are not in game and then gather data?

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: crysis 2 moderate

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
10
/16

InfiniteStates

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
94%
10 Rank
Progress
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

 


bazzz wrote:

This is just my opinion and like I said I don't know too much about this.But I think the fact that you have to sign in to EA's servers for P2P gaming defeats the whole P2P purpose.Like I know the game needs to collect data about your stats and progress,but doing so whilst you are in game has a knock on effect on your p2p connection.Why not wait till players are not in game and then gather data?


I would be surprised if it uploads stats during gameplay. It probably uses the EA servers for matchmaking, then P2P when the game launches.

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: crysis 2 moderate

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
03
/16

Mrdibbles

  • Offline
96%
03 Rank
Progress
Mrdibbles
Accepted Solution

mine say's open but i have it on xbox,but all EA games i have on ps3 are moderate

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: crysis 2 moderate

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

bazzz

  • Offline
93%
05 Rank
Progress
bazzz
Accepted Solution

InfiniteStates wrote:

 


bazzz wrote:

This is just my opinion and like I said I don't know too much about this.But I think the fact that you have to sign in to EA's servers for P2P gaming defeats the whole P2P purpose.Like I know the game needs to collect data about your stats and progress,but doing so whilst you are in game has a knock on effect on your p2p connection.Why not wait till players are not in game and then gather data?


I would be surprised if it uploads stats during gameplay. It probably uses the EA servers for matchmaking, then P2P when the game launches.

 


Lots of their games constantly update stats and other info during games.Which means you have a constant connection to EA's servers.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: crysis 2 moderate

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
03
/16

daashaasjes

  • Offline
64%
03 Rank
Progress
daashaasjes
Accepted Solution

i Have 20mb download en 20mb upload but Still i see nat type moderate by crysis 2 but if i start call of duty modernwarefar 3 then it;s open i do not have a router or anything.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: crysis 2 moderate

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel