chrisofskjern

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Can't update software to 5.13

4 Replies 783 Views Created 02-12-2011

Hi all.

This thread might already have been made. But anyway.

I constantly get prompted to update to version 5.13. But when i press OK my PS3 crashes. It's really annoying. REALLY!

So anyway... People talked about some crash issues fixed in 5.13. But i can't get to 5.13.

When i press ok. It says "please wait". So i wait for a bit, and then the PS3 reboots and beeps 3 times.

It just restarts. It doesn't touch the update or show any progress with download or anything.

I'm connected to the internet via ethernet cable. Not wireless. I got the latest software on my PS3. I just checked for updates. Everything seems fine.

No idea what to do here! Got a party tonight and i need the singstore!

Hope you guys can help 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5 (783 Views)
0 Kudos
Firefly666
/16

Firefly666

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: Can't update software to 5.13

I read that the 5.13 has solved issues of the black screen crash when choosing a song to sing, when your library is around 900 or above.

So I was excited when I tried to install it tonight:

Prompted to ugrade - tried, and it crashed.

Rebooted and tried again and it installed the update but the game wouldnt load - it got stuck. This happens every time I try to load it.

Its pathetic. I have been back and forth to Singstar about this issue (when you have a high volume of songs on our system - around 850 or above) a vast chunk of songs will not play and crash to a black screen that forces a re-boot.

Theyeither wont or just plain can't fix and I have invested a LOT of money in songs I can't now play.

Disgusting.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5 (760 Views)
0 Kudos
GuiMatos75
/16

GuiMatos75

29%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Same issue here, but I have around 100 downloaded songs only.

Received my Back to the 80s disc yesterday and put it on for a test, I was prompted for the 5.13 update but PS3 crashes just a few seconds after pushing the OK button.

i have a sing party next weekend and was looking forward tomorrow's singstore update, but if I don't update I can't buy anything. Annoying

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5 (621 Views)
0 Kudos
NEOSTORM
Beta Tester
/16

NEOSTORM

• Beta Tester
96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

hi guys,not sure if you have solved this problem yet but if not then try this...when prompted to update,dont press X straight away..instead take a look at the orange HDD light thats flashing on your ps3,wait about 30 seconds until it has completely stopped blinking,then press X...it should now update with any luck....this is a problem with a few other games aswell,including HOME..hope this helps and merry xmas

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5 (542 Views)
0 Kudos
RabidWalker
Beta Tester
/16

RabidWalker

• Beta Tester
88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

NEOSTORM wrote:

hi guys,not sure if you have solved this problem yet but if not then try this...when prompted to update,dont press X straight away..instead take a look at the orange HDD light thats flashing on your ps3,wait about 30 seconds until it has completely stopped blinking,then press X...it should now update with any luck....this is a problem with a few other games aswell,including HOME..hope this helps and merry xmas

Hi guys,

Has anyone tried the troubleshooting NEOSTORM has suggested? If so are people still encountering an issue downloading this update at all?

Rabid

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5 (457 Views)
0 Kudos