02 Dec 2011

Playstation Staff

Can't update software to 5.13

4 Replies 754 Views Created 02-12-2011

Hi all.

This thread might already have been made. But anyway.

I constantly get prompted to update to version 5.13. But when i press OK my PS3 crashes. It's really annoying. REALLY!

So anyway... People talked about some crash issues fixed in 5.13. But i can't get to 5.13.

When i press ok. It says "please wait". So i wait for a bit, and then the PS3 reboots and beeps 3 times.

It just restarts. It doesn't touch the update or show any progress with download or anything.

I'm connected to the internet via ethernet cable. Not wireless. I got the latest software on my PS3. I just checked for updates. Everything seems fine.

No idea what to do here! Got a party tonight and i need the singstore!

Hope you guys can help 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5 (754 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: Can't update software to 5.13

I read that the 5.13 has solved issues of the black screen crash when choosing a song to sing, when your library is around 900 or above.

So I was excited when I tried to install it tonight:

Prompted to ugrade - tried, and it crashed.

Rebooted and tried again and it installed the update but the game wouldnt load - it got stuck. This happens every time I try to load it.

Its pathetic. I have been back and forth to Singstar about this issue (when you have a high volume of songs on our system - around 850 or above) a vast chunk of songs will not play and crash to a black screen that forces a re-boot.

Theyeither wont or just plain can't fix and I have invested a LOT of money in songs I can't now play.

Disgusting.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5 (731 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Same issue here, but I have around 100 downloaded songs only.

Received my Back to the 80s disc yesterday and put it on for a test, I was prompted for the 5.13 update but PS3 crashes just a few seconds after pushing the OK button.

i have a sing party next weekend and was looking forward tomorrow's singstore update, but if I don't update I can't buy anything. Annoying

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5 (592 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

hi guys,not sure if you have solved this problem yet but if not then try this...when prompted to update,dont press X straight away..instead take a look at the orange HDD light thats flashing on your ps3,wait about 30 seconds until it has completely stopped blinking,then press X...it should now update with any luck....this is a problem with a few other games aswell,including HOME..hope this helps and merry xmas:xLol:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5 (513 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

NEOSTORM wrote:

hi guys,not sure if you have solved this problem yet but if not then try this...when prompted to update,dont press X straight away..instead take a look at the orange HDD light thats flashing on your ps3,wait about 30 seconds until it has completely stopped blinking,then press X...it should now update with any luck....this is a problem with a few other games aswell,including HOME..hope this helps and merry xmas:xLol:

Hi guys,

Has anyone tried the troubleshooting NEOSTORM has suggested? If so are people still encountering an issue downloading this update at all?

Rabid

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5 (428 Views)
0 Kudos