19 Mar 2012
Playstation Staff

Everything's gone

12 Replies 1,313 Views Created 19-03-2012

Bit of a long-winded one here. If you want the details, read the entire post, if you're pressed for time (or nursing some form of A.D.D.) skip to the last paragraph. :smileyhappy:

I went to play SingStar last week (on my SingStar Vol.2 disc) and found that all my songs have been deleted and all my saved media's gone too.

At first i just thought they'd not loaded properly, but i checked the SingStar save file to find it was dramatically smaller in size than it should be and then i checked how much space i had on my hard drive (i've downloaded hundreds of songs and dances over the last couple of years, so they take up a large amount of the free space on there) and found i was back to having a huge amount of free space.

I'm gutted about losing all the saved media - that's years of memories wiped. Feels kinda like losing a family photo album. :smileysad:

I decided i'm not gonna whinge about it, i'm just gonna get it ready to make NEW memories with new saved media and i was about to start re-downloading all the songs from my purchase history (i checked - they all seem to be there with the option to re-download), but now i'm worried:

If SingStar wiped everything once with no warning and for no reason, i'm worried it'll just do it again. Has anyone had this happen before? Do we know the cause or a fix? Is it gonna happen again next week or the week after to me?

Any help or advice on this would be really appreciated. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13 (1,313 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Re: Everything's gone

[ Edited ]

Man that sucks!

Your name doesn't actually do justice to the amount of stuff I know you've downloaded, it's insane! Probably take more than a few days to redownload too.

I've not noticed it on mine yet, but will check soon. I may just try and save my saved data to the cloud just in case (lf it'll work) - i'm still gutted after my YLOD where I lost the local copies of those old vids.

But it _is_ worrying that the saved data just killed itself for no reason, not good.

Online PS gaming since 2003 - http://www.oaps.org
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13 (1,270 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Cheers, man. Think i'll be copying videos and other media in future too (though, the only way i know to do it is to video it on my phone and upload that to my laptop - is there a more direct way?).

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13 (1,220 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Hi Spendalot,

I have queried the issue you have had with the songs, and the media disappearing.

Does this also occur if you use a different Singstar disc (if you have one)? and are they visible at all. I was also wondering if anyone else had also experienced this?

Rabid

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13 (1,192 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Yes, I just had this very same thing happen to me last night.  All of my saved media and downloaded songs are gone and now I have to re-download everything.  At least a few of the videos I had uploaded to the network are still intact, but there's no way for me to download them back.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13 (1,167 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

RabidWalker wrote:

Hi Spendalot,

I have queried the issue you have had with the songs, and the media disappearing.

Does this also occur if you use a different Singstar disc (if you have one)?

The save file on the PS3 itself was gone, so it wouldn't have made a difference which disc i used. But, yes, i checked both my SingStar Vol.2 disc and my SingStar Dance disc before realising that and both had been reset as if i'd just bought the games (i even had to re-calibrate the microphones).

[quote]

and are they visible at all.

[/quote]

Nope. Everything's gone. Songs and saved media. It's as if they were never there.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13 (1,146 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

hi there, I had the same problem I was on singstar viewer and it crashed, had to switch off ps3 and load again when i went back on everything was corrupted media gone and songs, so i called helpline to restore songs redownloaded 150+ songs :smileysurprised: i know loads lol which took me a full day,

I didnt want all the corrupted data media so i just deleted singstar viewer and redownloaded thinking tht the singstar viewer was to fault for it all, thankfully it got rid of the corrupted data, so fresh start on singstar even though i was a little annoyed at all my media gone :smileysad: but at least everything was working fine :smileyhappy:

until........ a few weeks later i loaded up singstar with my disc (singstar dance) and went to my songlist and my songs were gone so i checked my media once again my few vids etc tht i had done in the space o a couple o weeks had vanished but this time no corruped data, so i dont understand how tht happened the first time i thought it was due to crashing on singstar viewer but this time it was fine one minute n then everything vanishing the next, so once again i've had to redownload all my songs and i hope it doesnt happen again :- S. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13 (1,058 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Sorry to hear that, Amzie, particularly that it was twice in such a short space of time. It's just worrying that there doesn't seem to be a clear cause. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13 (1,043 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

EXTREMELY ***** off right now! 199 artists and when i turned on the system today i'm down to 122....and each time i try to reload the damn game more disappear!!! If this has been an on going problem for YEARS Singstar FIX IT ALREADY!! Now i'm re downloading more then 100 songs!!!! This BETTER not happen again....You charge us to download songs but you can't make the damn thing stable??? EPIC fail in my opinion!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13 (792 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Ire download everything it claims I bought and I'm still short 5 artists, and not sure which ones or which songs!!! Thanks a bunch Singstar so now i'm going to be wasting money on songs I wont even get to keep? unacceptable....i want EVERY song back I paid for!!!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13 (774 Views)
0 Kudos