05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Feedback on the Singstar XMB icon

[ Edited ]
836 Replies 101,066 Views edited 26-11-2012

As many of you will now be aware Singstar has become a free app and has been placed on the XMB as a compulsory icon in the Game category.

You will receive this as part of the recent v4.30 firmware update (although it is not listed as a feature of the new version)

You can read more about the Singstar update HERE and I'm sure we all agree that making Singstar free to access is a positive change for PlayStation and its customers, however, the icon (and specifically the placement of it) has become a matter for debate.

While it is beneficial in terms of reaching new customers, the lack of option to move/remove it is detrimental to the user experience of others.

Seeing as Sony are now keen to take on customer feedback and act upon it, I believe it would be useful to gauge public opinion on this new addition to the XMB with a simple poll and discussion.

Please avoid flaming and the general descent into name calling, fanboy-like behaviour and "trolling".

Everyone is entitled to a valid opinion and all should be heard in order to give fair and representative feedback.

UPDATE:

The poll is now closed due to abuse of the voting system in an attempt to unfairly influence the false result, however, the last retrivable statistics are displayed below.

Thank-you to everyone who voted and offered genuine feedback.

Poll Results:

Analysis:

From 2106 votes we can see that 89% would prefer not to have a permanent Singstar icon on their XMB and 98% disagree with its current placement at the top of the games list.

Furthermore, if we discount the 5th option in the interest of eliminating extreme negative bias, we still see a clear vote against the icon with >75% wanting to remove it and 94.8% disagreeing with its current placement.

-Perfectly placed - 5.2% (48)

-Move to Music - 10.6% (98)

-Move to folders - 8.7% (80)

-Option to delete - 75.5% (698)

Total 924

Thanks again to everyone who contributed their feedback, please do continue to offer thoughts and opinions in this topic.

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
MVP
/16

chrisboers

• MVP
98%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
chrisboers
Accepted Solution

Actually, multiple option would satisfy me. Either make it optional, manageable (to put in a folder), or store it where it belongs: in the Music category.

Also, IF it remains a mandatory icon on the XMB, make sure it changes when you change theme, otherwise it stands out like a lighthouse at night.

Thanks guys, for taking this action as a result of all the negative feedback. Let's hope it results in something positive.

0 Kudos

Re: Feedback on the Singstar XMB icon

Helpdesk: NL 020 709 5025 BE 02 588 42 40 ma t/m vr 9-20 za 10-16.00.
Beta Tester
/16

Skykid360

• Beta Tester
97%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Skykid360
Accepted Solution

Move to a Game Folder or Allow us to Disable it.

0 Kudos

/16

soulfulassassin

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
soulfulassassin
Accepted Solution

Get rid of it asap and sack the person who thought it was a good idea, they should never get another job ever again.

Sony are turning into M$ with all the crap they keep adding.

/16

ProGamerX56

94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ProGamerX56
Accepted Solution

Well, have you  guys tried stop complaining, download it, press Triangle, DELETE.
Does that work?

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
-------------------------------
Beer for anyone who remembers who I am. I've changed a lot, so I'm no longer that awkward immature teenager.
/16

ProGamerX56

94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ProGamerX56
Accepted Solution
I have the option, I triangled it and clearly there was a delete option. When I downloaded it
0 Kudos

Beer for anyone who remembers who I am. I've changed a lot, so I'm no longer that awkward immature teenager.
/16

obliviondoll

83%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
obliviondoll
Accepted Solution

ProGamerX56 wrote:

Well, have you  guys tried stop complaining, download it, press Triangle, DELETE.
Does that work?

Two huge problems.

1. It doesn't work. If you don't download the game, you don't get the delete option, and after downloading, the delete option deletes the game, but leaves the icon there requiring you to reinstall.

2. Even if it did work, requiring people who want nothing to do with SingStar to download and install the software before you'll let them get rid of the icon isn't much better than not allowing us to delete the icon at all. Particularly when your customers have tight bandwidth limits and can't really spare an extra 2GB of downloading just to delete it anyway.

Obviously, the first point almost completely negates the need for the second.

/16

Podyman

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Podyman
Accepted Solution

Third and most unpleasant thing:

It will install embarrassing Singsrat trophy set to your trophies where it will be FOREVER!!!

My wife and my daughter are well informed about it, but if someday they'll accidentaly start Singstar instalation i swear i'll buy flying ticket to London and throw my PS3 through SCEE reception window. Because it is main thing, why i fight against forced, undeletable, insulting Singing games.

[ Edited ]
/16

GANTZn00b

99%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GANTZn00b
Accepted Solution

Podyman wrote:

It will install embarrassing Singsrat trophy set to your trophies where it will be FOREVER!!!

My wife and my daughter are well informed about it, but if someday they'll accidentaly start Singstar instalation i swear i'll buy flying ticket to London and throw my PS3 through SCEE reception window. Because it is main thing, why i fight against forced, undeletable, insulting Singing games.

soozibags wrote:
It will only add trophies if you download the game....

reading sometimes helps ...

[ Edited ]
Award Winner
/16

rancidpunk

• Award Winner
99%
13 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
rancidpunk
Accepted Solution

GANTZn00b wrote:

Podyman wrote:

soozibags wrote:
It will only add trophies if you download the game....

reading sometimes helps ...

Although to 'accidentally' download it, you do have to 'deliberately' press to confirm.

0 Kudos

My flickr
Down with nested replies, bring back quoting
/16

Podyman

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Podyman
Accepted Solution

Read sometimes helps. I wrote "wife" and "daughter", it should explain everything . First one doesn't understand english at all, other one is in 4th grade. Their motto: If there's a cross symbol, press cross, no need to read. Fortunately, my daughter despise those two Singstar clowns too.

/16

GANTZn00b

99%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GANTZn00b
Accepted Solution

the saga continues , i hope the rest of the world will get a taste of sony singsrat dictatorship so they know how we feel since that sad day it appeared on our consoles

http://www.gamespot.com/news/free-to-play-singstar-reboot-to-be-revealed-this-year-6414494

/16

andxyz

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
andxyz
Accepted Solution

i've seen that news posted on a number of sites. in the comment section of evey single one of them it's just people saying how much they hate Singspam.

lol the hate for it is still not going away. sony would be idiots to force it on the ps4.

/16

GANTZn00b

99%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GANTZn00b
Accepted Solution

andxyz wrote:

i've seen that news posted on a number of sites. in the comment section of evey single one of them it's just people saying how much they hate Singspam.

lol the hate for it is still not going away. sony would be idiots to force it on the ps4.

yep havent seen a single postive response (outside of offcial sony website fanboy habitat) :D

/16

Podyman

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Podyman
Accepted Solution

/16

MikLSP

91%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MikLSP
Accepted Solution

Thanks for the comments, keep them coming.

It's good to see a spread on the voting already but please spread the word and try to get as many people as we can to cast their vote.

Personally I would just like the option to disable it. I acknowledge that putting it right there at the front is good to attract new users but there really should be the choice to remove / hide it once you have made a decision on whether you want to use it or not.

Mik

0 Kudos

/16

PeccoAbbas

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PeccoAbbas
Accepted Solution

Please, just give us options!

Make it hideable, we're paying notice that it's available, really, we do.

Things like this, just comes off as really bad, for you..

0 Kudos

/16

SuperUnknown79

88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SuperUnknown79
Accepted Solution
Preferably make it deletable, if not at least let us put it in a folder. I already have Arcade, Online folders, I'd just need a Rubbish I'll never play folder. Please don't turn the xmb into a 360 style advertising mess like you already did with the store.
0 Kudos

/16

Kozael

65%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kozael
Accepted Solution

I'd say, either remove it or let us delete it. Or at the very least move it elsewhere, in MUSIC or above the PS Store icon in the GAME column. Anywhere, I don't care, as long as it's not the default icon in GAME and it's not between my games and the disc-drive.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Bearskopff

• Beta Tester
93%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Bearskopff
Accepted Solution
Great stuff so far folks. I'll collate your comments soon and pass them on :)

/16

MikLSP

91%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MikLSP
Accepted Solution

Thanks for the support Bearskopff, I hope some useful feedback is generated.

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel