Level 5

MikLSP

Feedback on the Singstar XMB icon

[ Edited ]

As many of you will now be aware Singstar has become a free app and has been placed on the XMB as a compulsory icon in the Game category.

You will receive this as part of the recent v4.30 firmware update (although it is not listed as a feature of the new version)

You can read more about the Singstar update HERE and I'm sure we all agree that making Singstar free to access is a positive change for PlayStation and its customers, however, the icon (and specifically the placement of it) has become a matter for debate.

While it is beneficial in terms of reaching new customers, the lack of option to move/remove it is detrimental to the user experience of others.

Seeing as Sony are now keen to take on customer feedback and act upon it, I believe it would be useful to gauge public opinion on this new addition to the XMB with a simple poll and discussion.

Please avoid flaming and the general descent into name calling, fanboy-like behaviour and "trolling".

Everyone is entitled to a valid opinion and all should be heard in order to give fair and representative feedback.

UPDATE:

The poll is now closed due to abuse of the voting system in an attempt to unfairly influence the false result, however, the last retrivable statistics are displayed below.

Thank-you to everyone who voted and offered genuine feedback.

Poll Results:

Analysis:

From 2106 votes we can see that 89% would prefer not to have a permanent Singstar icon on their XMB and 98% disagree with its current placement at the top of the games list.

Furthermore, if we discount the 5th option in the interest of eliminating extreme negative bias, we still see a clear vote against the icon with >75% wanting to remove it and 94.8% disagreeing with its current placement.

-Perfectly placed - 5.2% (48)

-Move to Music - 10.6% (98)

-Move to folders - 8.7% (80)

-Option to delete - 75.5% (698)

Total 924

Thanks again to everyone who contributed their feedback, please do continue to offer thoughts and opinions in this topic.

Please use plain text.
MVP
chrisboers

Re: Feedback on the Singstar XMB icon

Actually, multiple option would satisfy me. Either make it optional, manageable (to put in a folder), or store it where it belongs: in the Music category.

Also, IF it remains a mandatory icon on the XMB, make sure it changes when you change theme, otherwise it stands out like a lighthouse at night.

Thanks guys, for taking this action as a result of all the negative feedback. Let's hope it results in something positive.

Helpdesk: NL 020 709 5025 BE 02 588 42 40 ma t/m vr 9-20 za 10-16.00.
Please use plain text.
Beta Tester
Skykid360

Move to a Game Folder or Allow us to Disable it.

Please use plain text.

Level 3

soulfulassassin

Get rid of it asap and sack the person who thought it was a good idea, they should never get another job ever again.

Sony are turning into M$ with all the crap they keep adding.

Please use plain text.

Level 5

MikLSP

Thanks for the comments, keep them coming.

It's good to see a spread on the voting already but please spread the word and try to get as many people as we can to cast their vote.

Personally I would just like the option to disable it. I acknowledge that putting it right there at the front is good to attract new users but there really should be the choice to remove / hide it once you have made a decision on whether you want to use it or not.

Mik

Please use plain text.

PeccoAbbas

Please, just give us options!

Make it hideable, we're paying notice that it's available, really, we do.

Things like this, just comes off as really bad, for you..

Please use plain text.

Level 3

SuperUnknown79

Preferably make it deletable, if not at least let us put it in a folder. I already have Arcade, Online folders, I'd just need a Rubbish I'll never play folder. Please don't turn the xmb into a 360 style advertising mess like you already did with the store.
Please use plain text.

Level 1

Kozael

I'd say, either remove it or let us delete it. Or at the very least move it elsewhere, in MUSIC or above the PS Store icon in the GAME column. Anywhere, I don't care, as long as it's not the default icon in GAME and it's not between my games and the disc-drive.

Please use plain text.
Beta Tester
Bearskopff

Great stuff so far folks. I'll collate your comments soon and pass them on :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.

NL_-Dadude-_

[ Edited ]

I'm dutch, First thing after the update i see that icon and think "what the hell? how did i download that??"

1. singstar is a game,  NOT MY GAME!!!!!! if i want it? i buy it (NOT!!)

2. If I deside to buy it hardcopy or in playstore, then the icon may apear or if

i want to try the demo!!  Again if  "I" deside ( I= Me =Mine=Myself)

3. Dowloaded demo's appear also there, BUT CAN BE REMOVED!!!!!! Again: What the hell....

4. This is actually SPAM and/or Mallware !!!!!!!!!! I get something i did not ask for!! Can not remove it And is spread worldwide!!!

Result.... I bought the ps3 a few months ago, I don't need it to live, if sony is gonna play this card, Bey Bey ps3, it wil be sold or end in the trashcan, and no more dlc will be bought for my game(s)

Now i can understand the hackers that make homebrew.........And stopped with updating from PSN.. ( hackers!! not illegal downloaders..)

To the person that made the decision to put this in the update: "Buy the game yourself, stop nagging other people with your trauma and get professional help."

We have three Nintendo's WII for that dance and sing stuff..... I don't need HD gaming for  singing and dancing.

Greetz...

Please use plain text.