18 Nov 2011

Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

Help! Help!! How can I download my Purchased song from a PS3 to another PS3?

5 Replies 3,195 Views Created 18-11-2011

How can I download my Purchased song from a PS3 to another PS3 because my previous PS3 broke down?

I am trying to download songs from my purchased Histroy option but the store is not let me download them and I have about 30 songs that I cannot sing because of this.

Please could someone help me regarding this issue.

thanks very much for your help =)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (3,195 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Help! Help!! How can I download my Purchased song from a PS3 to another PS3?

You need to get the tracks deactivated from your old PS3 before you can download them on the new one - see this link for the information on how to do that.

Mods - any chance we can get the linked thread renamed so it might be a bit easier for people to spot? :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (3,184 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: Help! Help!! How can I download my Purchased song from a PS3 to another PS3?

i have the same problem but have 10 songs, the other playstaion is dead, so inpossible to deactivate the songs, i have deactivated the dead ps3 and tried again  still the f'ing same, havent paid for any more content since beining 2010 for this reason, singstars loss, very unlikely to buy a singstar pruduct again,

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (3,172 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

You need to call playstation support (see link in the previous post for number) to get the songs themselves unlinked from the old PS3 so you can download them on the new one - deactiving a PS3 does not deactivate the songs.

Its a pretty straightforward process - just call and explain the problem, give them a few details and a few days later you should get an email to say you can now download the songs on the new PS3.   its a bit annoying for sure, but no doubt they needed to do something like this to ensure some record labels would license their content to the game.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (3,161 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Thanks very much for your post and link.

For sure I will try it :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (3,154 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

what if your out of the country? and can't call

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (2,998 Views)
0 Kudos