Beta Tester
MusterBuster

SingStar Crystal Mics is officially open! Get uploading and voting.

[ Edited ]

Do you have what it takes to be in the next SingStar TV AD?

We’re looking for real star quality. And if your performance makes a real impression you will be the star of our next TV AD.
Voters will decide who makes it through the five heats to the grand final where they will be judged by a very special guest.

All you have to do is upload a video of you belting out your favourite hit selected from over 1,000 SingStar songs, and enter it into the SingStar Crystal Mics competition.

Each of the 30 Finalists will receive:

• one copy of SingStar Abba and SingStar Queen for PlayStation 2 or PLAYSTATION 3 and either SingStar Pop Hits for PlayStation 2 or SingStar Pop Edition for PlayStation 3 (as the Finalist may chose).

• one set of “crystal” SingStar microphones (two microphones per set); and

• a set of fancy dress costumes.

So go on, strut your stuff!

Head over to SingStarGame.com for more information and to take part.

MB

Message Edited by MusterBuster on 26-03-2009 10:28 AM
Please use plain text.

Level 3

dazman5000

Re: SingStar Crystal Mics is officially open! Get uploading and voting.

I've been informed that Ireland isn't listed as one of the countries eligible to enter AGAIN.

Is this the case, and if so why? It simply isn't fair

Please use plain text.

Level 3

originalvonster

Why isn't Ireland eligible? Not fair that dazman5000 can't enter.
Please use plain text.

stardreher

Betreff: Re: SingStar Crystal Mics is officially open! Get uploading and voting.

let the people of ireland join into the crystal mics competition ! Same rights for everyone please !
Please use plain text.
Beta Tester
Mulletino

*phew*

For a minute there I thought it said Crystal Meth!

Online PS gaming since 2003 - http://www.oaps.org
Please use plain text.
MVP
soozibags

Okay I've got a couple of questions that I'm hoping the mods can answer:

1. Are there any measures in place to stop the multi-account/multi PS3 spammers out there from artificially giving themselves the required amount of votes to win one of the heats?

2. Why is Ireland (and poor Daz among others) left out of this competition?

3. Are the 'crystal mics' wireless?!!!!

I think that will do for now :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.

MASTA_KILA_JIZZA

i completely agree wiv dazman5000 he is a singstar legend and wont be able to compete????? tht is rubish!!! sort it out
Please use plain text.

Level 3

TylerDurden1537

[ Edited ]

The competition sounds fantastic.

However, there is one huge glaring problem with this new competition that could possibly ruin it for everyone this year.

As Sooziebags indicates above, it is now possible to open multiple accounts (17 I believe on one single Playstation 3) and encourage other willing people on your Friends list to also do so in order to 'stack vote' your own video to give it an artificially high score to win the competition.

One well known Singstar French couple, who have told me when I asked them, that they own 2 Playstation 3 consoles and have opened 32 separate Singstar accounts, have already utilized this method to artificially promote 13 of their own videos into the Hall of Fame can easily utilize the loophole in the competition to artificially guarantee a place in the final.

In last year's Singstar Glastonbury competition which I was the winner of, I remember reading in the Terms & Conditions that 'stacked voting' was prohibited and would result in disqualification. In this year's competition, there is no such rule as far as I am aware that prevents such a cheat tactic from being used.

Additionally, multiple account voting can also be utilized to lower a Singstar's video rating. The power of having 17/32 or more multiple accounts to either promote your own video, or demote someone's video you dislike gives a single user an unfair advantage in the Singstar online community and stands as the one thing that many, many, many people I have spoken to have told me is now ruining an otherwise fun and entertaining game.

One simple Singstar patch that restricts the user to having one vote per PS3 console ID would bring the fun back into Singstar for many people who have now lost heart after seeing how a once great game can now be saturated by the media content of those who are willing to multiple stack vote their own media.

Could someone please bring this very important point to the attention of the Singstar Team as it could potentially ruin a great competition this year and act as an embarrassing faux pa for Sony if it is not dealt with immediately.

Thanks

Adrian

Message Edited by TylerDurden1537 on 26-03-2009 04:36 AM
Please use plain text.
Beta Tester
Mulletino

^^ I agree with the young sir's comments above.

Measures need to be put in place to stop stack voting, not just for this comp but SingStar Online in general. 

Online PS gaming since 2003 - http://www.oaps.org
Please use plain text.

Level 3

b4thegoodbye

I have no interest in the comp (since I dont upload videos), but I do REALLY want Crystal mics (especially if they are wireless, which I assume they are!?)

So my question is, after the comp, will the Crystal Mics be on sale to the general public!?

Please use plain text.