Progress
Accepted Solution

Software update problems

[ Edited ]
77 Replies 2,828 Views edited 11-01-2012
03 Aug 2011
By dazman5000

Two big problems I've noticed with the new update:

1. Selecting 'Quit game' fromthe XMB while in Singstar viewer now crashes the PS3, not sure if this happens with the discs

2. Facebook features aren't accessible with a sub-account: This was bound to happen, but it'sstill incredibly annoying. I don't want to just give up my username and make a master account, I've about 80,000 views on Singstar with this username *****!

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Yugo9109

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Yugo9109
Accepted Solution

RabidWalker wrote:

Hi guys,

In regards to those having issues downloading the latest 5.13 patch, has anyone tried the current advise of waiting for the access HDD light on the front of the console to stop flashing, and then attempting the patch download?

For those that this does not work for, do you know of the previous patch downloaded prior to this (ie what patch would you be on at the moment?)

Thanks,

Rabid

It works !

Just had to wait like 2 or 3 minutes. The yellow hdd light will stop and the Singstar Menu song start, and you can press OK to download the patch.

Thanks !

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Re: Software update version 5.12 problems

All Replies

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Raingmc

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Raingmc
Accepted Solution

I ordered 3 things from the singstore (2 songs and one guitar add on).. they show up in both my entitlements and my transaction history... but the singstore wont recognize them as ones i have bought... so i cant download them

My User ID is: raingmc

Order Number 2486285792

Date/Time Purchased 08/03/2011 @ 01:52 PM

The Script: We Cry

Adele - Chasing Pavements - With guitar add on

Ryan

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Nehlai

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Nehlai
Accepted Solution

I have a similar problem. I just bought several songs from SingStore, paid them and pressed to download them right away, but they vanished somewhere and they won't even show in transaction history. I got the confirmation email listing the songs I bought tho.

Edit: Was using disc also

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Mulletino

• Beta Tester
96%
08 Rank
Progress
Mulletino
Accepted Solution

I've not experienced any crashes when exiting the Viewer from the XMB.

The update does seem to have made the Viewer menus work faster now though, especially accessing online content.

Raingmc - are you trying to download them in the Viewer or from disc?

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Online PS gaming since 2003 - http://www.oaps.org

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Raingmc

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Raingmc
Accepted Solution

i tried it with the discs

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Roenbaeck

28%
02 Rank
Progress
Roenbaeck
Accepted Solution

I also ordered and paid for four songs. Got the receipt and obviously paid for the songs, but there's no way to download them. Who should we mail our order numbers to in order to get this sorted out?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

The_Maxx-013

24%
02 Rank
Progress
The_Maxx-013
Accepted Solution

Ditto, I got the exact same thing last night. The update loaded, an i purchased some songs, but they do not display in my purchase history, and i can't download them!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Drake2k9

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Drake2k9
Accepted Solution
Same here ... purchased but i cant download them ... my Errorode is: DL14 H403

Hotline just telling me i need to wait ... Mail to Support isnt beeing awnsered till now ... so this will be my last purchasement and the last singstar ive bought ...

Cant be that you pay for something you cant use at least! ... and there isnt any information you get or any massage from official side!

Worst support ive ever seen!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

RabidWalker

• Beta Tester
88%
04 Rank
Progress
RabidWalker
Accepted Solution

Drake2k9 wrote:
Same here ... purchased but i cant download them ... my Errorode is: DL14 H403

Hotline just telling me i need to wait ... Mail to Support isnt beeing awnsered till now ... so this will be my last purchasement and the last singstar ive bought ...

Cant be that you pay for something you cant use at least! ... and there isnt any information you get or any massage from official side!

Worst support ive ever seen!

Hi Guys,

I'm sorry you have encountered these issues with your downloaded songs. I will have a look into this for you and update when I have more information.

Rabid

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

penguinstare

23%
02 Rank
Progress
penguinstare
Accepted Solution

I have had the same problem - got the email confirming my order (order number 2488055861). None of the tracks I bought have been downloaded and they don't even appear in my purchase history.

I can't find any contact form for support or a phone number, which I think is shocking customer service. I've seen other posters mention a hotline, but it should be much easier to find. All I can do is hope someone who can fix this sees this post.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
88%
03 Rank
Progress
Woof-Bark-Donkey
Accepted Solution

I can't get the game to work.  Loads up, disc sign in the corner spinning...them does the accessing hard drive bit...shows pic of file spinning....then when finished and tries to access the disc to load the game it crashes.  This only happens when I have downloaded all my songs, which is 68gb's worth.  FED UP of not being able to play a game that I've invested £1200 in!  THIS ONLY HAPPENS WHEN I HAVE DOWNLOADED OVER 900 - 1000 songs.  but happens every time none the less.  I'm at the point of saying sort it...or give me my money back.

which makes me think, what happens when the ps4 or ps5 comes along, what happens to the songs that I can't access now, nether mind in the future?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

penguinstare

23%
02 Rank
Progress
penguinstare
Accepted Solution

So two days after my order I've just checked my singstore and found the songs I bought now appear in my purchase history. I've started downloading them and it seems to be working. Fingers crossed that they all download.

I can't believe there hasn't been any acknowledgement from Sony of this problem - after all people are paying money for a product that they are then not getting when they should. Still, you should check to see if you can now get the songs you bought. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Graffin_UK

43%
02 Rank
Progress
Graffin_UK
Accepted Solution

SingStar Viewer... if you quit using the XMB, PS3 crashes, beeps 3 times and reboots. Quitting by holding down the PS button doesn't cause it to crash.

The games... where do I start?

- The time it takes for the game to boot, is now longer than ever (I thought it froze).

- It randomly crashes and reboots the PS3.

- 10 of my songs (all of which had dance add-ons) disappeared from my carousel and had to be re-downloaded (the dance add-ons were still on my hard drive apparently).

- Downloading from the SingStore is broken... you click to download a song and it either does nothing, or it disappears from the Purchase History... i've found that exiting the SingStore, then going back into my Purchase History, they re-appear and after a couple of attempts, actually download.

There are probably other issues too - i'm yet to try PS2 discs!

You have to wonder if they actually test these patches/updates. This isn't the first time this has happened. What's the bet the August 10 SingStore update will now be delayed because of this?

Did we really need this update?

Seriously SingStar... perhaps instead of updating a 4+ year old game engine, you actually develop and release a new title that is backwards compatible with existing DLC, and include all the new features (and new trophies) on that... after it has been tested properly of course!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Playstation Staff
Community Coordinator

LordRoss

• Community Coordinator
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

Graffin_UK wrote:

SingStar Viewer... if you quit using the XMB, PS3 crashes, beeps 3 times and reboots. Quitting by holding down the PS button doesn't cause it to crash.

The games... where do I start?

- The time it takes for the game to boot, is now longer than ever (I thought it froze).

- It randomly crashes and reboots the PS3.

- 10 of my songs (all of which had dance add-ons) disappeared from my carousel and had to be re-downloaded (the dance add-ons were still on my hard drive apparently).

- Downloading from the SingStore is broken... you click to download a song and it either does nothing, or it disappears from the Purchase History... i've found that exiting the SingStore, then going back into my Purchase History, they re-appear and after a couple of attempts, actually download.

There are probably other issues too - i'm yet to try PS2 discs!

You have to wonder if they actually test these patches/updates. This isn't the first time this has happened. What's the bet the August 10 SingStore update will now be delayed because of this?

Did we really need this update?

Seriously SingStar... perhaps instead of updating a 4+ year old game engine, you actually develop and release a new title that is backwards compatible with existing DLC, and include all the new features (and new trophies) on that... after it has been tested properly of course!

Hello Graffin.

Thanks for your feedback.

Please can you give me some examples of where the game has crashed, I know you said randomly but is this just when quitting the game or during songs or anything else?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

RabidWalker

• Beta Tester
88%
04 Rank
Progress
RabidWalker
Accepted Solution

There appears to have been a number of issues raised in reagrds to the recent update for Singstar.

1) The issue relating to track downloads (on purchased songs) should now be rectified and you should not be experiencing further issues.

2) If you are having an issue with the Singstar viewer e.g. this is crashing while trying to exit the software. You can delete and reinstall the viewer from the store (delete software by pressing triangle on the viewer, then deleting) .

There have also been issues reported with songs disappearing from the carousel, and crashes during the game. if any more information can be provided in regards to when this happens and if any error codes will appear, I will look into this further.

Rabid

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Shamu76

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Shamu76
Accepted Solution

Rabid

I still have the purchased but not download problem - been there since Sunday.

Also my system still crashes since 5.12 update on exiting viewer. I have deleted and re-downloaded twice now.

Any help please as promised call backs from PSN support have not happened!

Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TylerDurden1537

88%
03 Rank
Progress
TylerDurden1537
Accepted Solution

Hi RabidWalker,

Thanks for your help regarding the Singstar Viewer crashing.

Unfortunately, the solution you detail of deleting and then doing a re-install of Singstar Viewer does not resolve the problem.

I have deleted and re-installed Singstar viewer twice and the bug that crasshes the PS3 system when you exit Singstar Viewer via the XMB 'Quit Game' option still persists.

Therefore, in the meantime if people are still experiencing the crash bug problem, here is my temporary workaround until the crash bug is fixed in the next Singstar update patch.

***This is a temporary workaround fix, until the bug is fixed in update 5.13.***

Re: Singstar Viewer crashing the PS3 system when quitting game via PS button.

1) If you hold down the PS button for 2 seconds then choose: 'Quit Game', the system will not crash.

2) If you tap the PS button and choose: 'Quit Game' (Singstar Viewer) from the XMB bar, the PS3 system will crash.

This system crash bug only seems to occur when using Singstar Viewer and not the Singstar game discs.

Cheers

Adrian

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Bumblebee

• Beta Tester
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Bumblebee
Accepted Solution

Any idea why I can't buy songs at the moment? I bought one a couple of weeks ago and it was fine but now it's saying "Description: Description is currently unavailable" and "This item is currently unavailable to buy" when I try to make a purchase. Arrrgh, it is frustrating!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Bumblebee

• Beta Tester
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Bumblebee
Accepted Solution

Oh hang on, PlayStation Store is down... that will be why then...

Argh it's not coming back on until 2am??? We had our first SingStar night in yonks planned! I wanted some new songs, gah!

Why not do maintenance when people are asleep? And not wanting to play?

Booooooooooooo!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

theomm

24%
02 Rank
Progress
theomm
Accepted Solution

Um... You must know that when you are asleep, people on the other side of the world are awake :P But anyway, yeah I guess we couldn't get songs cause it was under maintenance... But it's back now ^.^

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Bumblebee

• Beta Tester
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Bumblebee
Accepted Solution

Don't patronise me, theomm. 

Further to my previous report. I bought the songs but I too am getting DL14 H403 "Download Failed" error. I can see the songs in my account but they won't download. I just spent about twenty quid so I'm not happy.

I sorted my problem with the game not starting. I just turned off the "Upload to cloud" feature in the XMB. So this amazing new feature that backs up my game data is totally useless, probably because I have so many songs and performances saved that it takes too long to upload given the incredibly slow speed of the SingStar servers.

I would like to be able to download my songs please! I've just forked out good money for them.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel